Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Vegetarian Cookbook!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

The cocoa difficulty rating :D

Haha, and there could be helpful hints from cocoa, which no one else could possibly need... gems such as 'The tofu is the white stuff in the *fridge* at the back of the oriental supermarket. That weird packet thing you found is not tofu...'

One recipe a week sounds pretty sensible. I might try and acquire a food processor for christmas which should open many new options for me =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Great idea. If us here in the office can help you out any, please do let me know, either by PM or at hello@boards.ie

Best of luck!

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Shenshen wrote: »
    I thought it might be a good idea to set up an email account (gmail or somesuch) that recipes can be submitted to, and that we can send our ratings to as well.

Oh, that's another good idea :) I'll set up a gmail maybe and PM the details (address, password) to you and cocoa and whomever else volunteers. If that works for ye?
    cocoa wrote: »
    Haha, and there could be helpful hints from cocoa, which no one else could possibly need... gems such as 'The tofu is the white stuff in the *fridge* at the back of the oriental supermarket. That weird packet thing you found is not tofu...'

One recipe a week sounds pretty sensible. I might try and acquire a food processor for christmas which should open many new options for me =D

Ha, that sounds quite fun actually, like in Vegan with a Vengeance, where her cat gives all the helpful tips :D
    A food processor - it opens up such culinary doors!
    Darragh wrote: »
    Great idea. If us here in the office can help you out any, please do let me know, either by PM or at hello@boards.ie

Best of luck!

Darragh

Many thanks :) Will probably be in touch when we hopefully get this off the ground.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Oh, that's another good idea :) I'll set up a gmail maybe and PM the details (address, password) to you and cocoa and whomever else volunteers. If that works for ye?

Sounds good to me.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

I have one or two good japanese recipes (with simple ingredients) and some of my Mum's cooking.

I'd offer to do recipe testing, but as I live with cocoa, it'd be a bit silly for both of us to do it. So I'll just be helping him, I guess. :D

Loving the idea though. Keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks Darragh, must try and find some now

I've just set up an email for recipes to be sent to. Very imaginatively titled:

boardscookbook[at]gmail[dot]com

So anyone who would like to be included in the book should send their recipes there! I've PM'd the password etc to Shenshen and cocoa as they're recipe testers. If anyone else wants to be a tester post here and I'll forward the details on to you.

Still have to mull over the selection process and what POD service to use, etc... But I'm happy with the direction this is going! It's fun :)

shinysiren wrote: »
    I have one or two good japanese recipes (with simple ingredients) and some of my Mum's cooking.

I'd offer to do recipe testing, but as I live with cocoa, it'd be a bit silly for both of us to do it. So I'll just be helping him, I guess. :D

Loving the idea though. Keep it up.

Cool, send them on! Yeah I guess it would be a bit mad for both of ye to be cooking the exact same thing in the same kitchen. Ye can work as a recipe testing team :p

awesome work there! I can't wait to get started, bring on the holidays I say =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

I cannot wait for these holidays. the prospect of shiny new recipes to cook/taste is just making things even better. cocoa rocks as a housemate. :D

Just emailed a recipe for testing :)

I hope this is the best method to employ actually, it feels a bit invisible...

Anyway, we'll see! Again, if anyone else feels like testing some random recipes over the next few months do let me know. Again again, the address to send recipes for inclusion in the book is:
    boardscookbook[at]gmail[dot]com

Also, I happened to get a look at a book made with blurb.com. I was quite impressed! Looks professional and good print quality. Tis quite expensive though...

Another also, I'm assuming the cookbook would be vegetarian but with lots of vegan or vegan adaptable recipes? I'd say it would be easier as the majority on here are vegetarian. Just a thought I had when typing up ingredients earlier :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm afraid I won't get round to testing it before christmas... we're in the middle of moving house, and I don't have a cooker at my disposal atm. :(

Will send my review right after christmas, though, promise!

I had hoped to give it a bash before heading home for the holidays, but time and college have gotten the better of me. I'll be sure to enjoy it in the new year though =)

I sent it to you just now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd like to test a recipe. So long as it's not a big plate of just veg I'm happy to try it.

Cool, I can PM you the gmail details if you like? I think the plan is we can log in to the one account and see if anyone's emailed recipes, then we can test them and reply to the same address with feedback.
    If this is complicated madness and there's an easier way then someone let me know! I'm sometimes a bit slow with these things :o

Cool, I can PM you the gmail details if you like? I think the plan is we can log in to the one account and see if anyone's emailed recipes, then we can test them and reply to the same address with feedback.
    If this is complicated madness and there's an easier way then someone let me know! I'm sometimes a bit slow with these things :o

Couldnt we ask boards to host a little private forum for us?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Couldnt we ask boards to host a little private forum for us?

Ooh, can this be done?
    I guess I can just have a whip-around now and check!

failing that, a mailing list might work well, although it could get a bit cluttered... I don't think the method is that important though, I can't wait to test that recipe =)

its very asy to st up a private forum yourself
    if you want me to do it now let m know

EDIT: actually, when you set one up you are automatically the modertor so maybe donnie should set it up?

also I apologise for my typing this evening, I'm on my laptop and my keys often stick.

its very asy to st up a private forum yourself
    if you want me to do it now let m know

EDIT: actually, when you set one up you are automatically the modertor so maybe donnie should set it up?

also I apologise for my typing this evening, I'm on my laptop and my keys often stick.

Is it? How do you do it? I was just trying to figure out how it's done...

• Advertisement

EDIT: Ok when you are signed in, on one of the top bars you will see "user CP" "FAQ" & "community". If you click community and then on the drop down select social groups, you can create your own social group there.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Like to get in voled might be hit and miss. Work and children

Many thanks, Helena!
    I just set up the group there and have sent invites to anyone who has said they'd like to test recipes. Hope I haven't missed anyone...
    There's nothing in the group yet though, still figuring out this shiny new thing :)

terenc wrote: »
    Like to get in voled might be hit and miss. Work and children

Hello :) If you like I can just send you an invite to the group and you can test recipes whenever you have time?

OK, thanks .

Many thanks, Helena!
    I just set up the group there and have sent invites to anyone who has said they'd like to test recipes. Hope I haven't missed anyone...
    There's nothing in the group yet though, still figuring out this shiny new thing :)
    haha, it's good isn't it. Post a new thread so I can say hi :) I don't want to start the first one. That honour is yours.;)

OK, thanks .

What do I do now.:confused:

haha, it's good isn't it. Post a new thread so I can say hi :) I don't want to start the first one. That honour is yours.;)

Just posted one there... Oo-er, it looks different!
    What do I do now.:confused:

Did you accept the invitation? I assume you have to do that first, then you have access to the group and the yet un-posted recipes.

Advertisement