Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paquiao vs Mayweather fight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

akindoc wrote: »
    If you think JMM is better than Floyd in any department, please let me know.

Marquez has got HEART ,
    he's not afraid to take on somebody 3 weights heavier , and not afraid to take the risk of losing .
    He should have walked away when Floyd took the bigger advantage of coming in 2 1/2 lbs heavier than was agreed .

Marquez has courage and has got bottle . He dosent hand pick mismatched opponents .

Now lets see if Floyd has the guts to fight Matt Hatton :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

ODD-JOB wrote: »
    Marquez has got HEART ,
    he's not afraid to take on somebody 3 weights heavier , and not afraid to take the risk of losing .
    He should have walked away when Floyd took the bigger advantage of coming in 2 1/2 lbs heavier than was agreed .

Marquez has courage and has got bottle . He dosent hand pick mismatched opponents .

Now lets see if Floyd has the guts to fight Matt Hatton :confused:

JMM has got heart I agree. Plenty of balls, no doubt about that. I thought he should have went for the Pacman rematch a lot sooner than he did.

And I agree with you about floyd fighting Matt hatton. He can f*ck off if he does, I'll be the first to criticize him.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,638 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The bouts with Juan and Manny are in the past. Two things have happened of importance since then, 1. Pacquiao has flourished and gotten better it seems and 2. Juan has deteriorated and gotten "older." I would say the gulf between the two is far wider now than previously. I would back Manny by KO early should they meet anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

dont want to see PAC v JMM again at least until Pac v Floyd has been done!!! its the fight we all want to see...

Also V Klitchko v Haye

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Brad Goodman

i've been holding back on posting since this story broke coz i wasn't sure what to make of it, was it mayweather just trying to stir it or did he really believe pacquiao was juicing? was it just a ploy to increase ppv sales? etc... so just now i read this http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24414

know i now bob arum is saying its bull but he would, wouldn't he?.. now i'd really like manny to just take the test and prove that he's clean and for the fight to happen

for the record i like both fighters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

i've been holding back on posting since this story broke coz i wasn't sure what to make of it, was it mayweather just trying to stir it or did he really believe pacquiao was juicing? was it just a ploy to increase ppv sales? etc... so just now i read this http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24414

know i now bob arum is saying its bull but he would, wouldn't he?.. now i'd really like manny to just take the test and prove that he's clean and for the fight to happen

for the record i like both fighters

"a source" for the New York Daily News, not exactly a smoking gun now is it man? In other news the same Mr Andy Source recently informed the Daily Mirror that Brittany Spears is actually the love child of Micheal Jackson and Cher :eek:

lol well it's not getting better for Pacman is it? First he says he's scared of needles and doesn't want to take a blood test 30 days before the fight. Then he is seen calmly taking a blood test 24 days before his second last fight.

now there are many rumours floating around. all because pac doesn't want to go through the testing. it's beginning to look worse and worse for pac as the days go by. He has been openly criticised by Cotto/JMM and many fans and journalists for not going through with the testing.

It's interesting to hear his supporters say, "well, he should just stick to the rules of the commission and the organization". He didn't have a problem going outside of those rules and requesting catchweight matches and making the likes of cotto weaken themselves did he?

He needs to agree to do these tests ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Marquez has got HEART ,

He's not afraid of 7 figure pay days either! Fair play to him and all for taking the fight but it was for a well deserved pay day. I thought he did enough to beat Manny in the second fight although wasnt robbed. This put a cap on his earning potential compared to manny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I'd love to see Mayweather v Matthew Hatton, or Manny v Pauli Malignaggi.

Fuck Pac v PBF; I think the whole world wants to see those fights!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

consultech wrote: »

Why? That would both be a massive step down from other fights available. If the fight does fall through I'd like to see PBF v Williams or Mosley and Manny v Foreman for and 8th title. Seriously doubt PBF will fight Mosley or Williams though as there is a chance he could lose and Money wouldn't want to fight a fight where he could lose. That ain't how he rolls.:mad:

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    Why? That would both be a massive step down from other fights available. If the fight does fall through I'd like to see PBF v Williams or Mosley and Manny v Foreman for and 8th title. Seriously doubt PBF will fight Mosley or Williams though as there is a chance he could lose and Money wouldn't want to fight a fight where he could lose. That ain't how he rolls.:mad:

plenty of people thought he was going to lose the corrales fight (he was the underdog), DLH fight, Castillo fights (his first fight at 135, against the lineal champ), and hatton fight. He tried to get a fight with Mosley back in 1999. I hope the Pac fight happens and I'm sure it will... too much MONEY on the table!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

consultech wrote: »

Matt Hatton is a journeyman who has a famous name so gets on good cards against beatable opponents, Malignaggi would have nothing against manny, manny would walk through him..

maybe paulie and matt hatton would be a fight

williams and mosley are the others in the mix

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mosley Mayweather. My kinda fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

cowzerp wrote: »
    Matt Hatton is a journeyman who has a famous name so gets on good cards against beatable opponents, Malignaggi would have nothing against manny, manny would walk through him..

maybe paulie and matt hatton would be a fight

williams and mosley are the others in the mix

You're the second person to take my post as serious! I was bein sarcastic! Probably didn't come accross at all!

Matt Hatton is shite, and Pauli makes for some frighteningly boring fights... worse than PBF's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭suspectpackage

well today is the day lads. This thing will all be sorted today as they are both meeting with a mediator and trying to sort it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

People wonder how Manny beat bigger boxers than him.. is because he is disciplined, humble, very confident, the Filipino people prays for him and best kept secret he eats rice that's his steroids.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Hmmmm ...... This whole debacle could be a staged plot to keep this fight on the top of the headlines until subscription time .

It seems that way now ....... (imo)

Im starting to wonder if there is really an issue to be resolved at all .

Neither manny nor floyd seem to have anything to say , rather its a promoters slagging match .
    And any time it seems to calm down , either promoter comes out with some silly statement , and its gets widely reported all over the boxing world .

Hmmmmm ....... my suspicious mind is active or maybe paranoid !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Hmmmm ...... This whole debacle could be a staged plot to keep this fight on the top of the headlines until subscription time .

It seems that way now ....... (imo)

Im starting to wonder if there is really an issue to be resolved at all .

Neither manny nor floyd seem to have anything to say , rather its a promoters slagging match .
    And any time it seems to calm down , either promoter comes out with some silly statement , and its gets widely reported all over the boxing world .

Hmmmmm ....... my suspicious mind is active or maybe paranoid !!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

Too bad I've been waiting for it. So it could be Yuri Foreman on March 13

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

"but just hours later he backtracked, saying he would ask the boxer to reconsider his objection to blood testing"

dont write it off just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Ah ok, my heart skipped a beat when I read it first.. 14 thousand the MGM holds I think, it would be neither cheap or easy to get tickets but not impossible I would imagine. What a prospect it is.. Seen as Ireland won't get to the World Cup watching Pacman give FM his first defeat would be a real alternative for a sporting holiday. Keep us posted OP.

Jaysus thats brave talk pretty boy doesn't get involved in brawls so

it should be the best fight we will see in our lifetimes to close to call for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

I think I will hold out until another opponant is announced for either fighter before I cancel my reservation at the MGM! Yori Foreman v Pacquaio with Khan on the undercard on the 20th of March at the Thomas and Mack Center is tempting but not tempting enough for me to part with all that lolly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Floyd Mayweather is a disgrace to the sport. The sooner he retires the better. Pacquiao even compromised and allowed himself to be tested 24 days before the fight and Mayweather still wouldn't sign the contract. I'm sick of hearing about the fiasco at this stage. He has had his chance to prove himself to be a legend and shied away. The fact that he has not fought Cotto, Mosley or Margarito in all these years says it all. So go on fighting the likes of Matthew Hatton and Malignaggi :rolleyes: whilst true warriors like Paul Williams and Pac push themselves to the limit. Floyd Mayweather is no longer relevant to the sport of boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

davmol wrote: »
    "but just hours later he backtracked, saying he would ask the boxer to reconsider his objection to blood testing"

dont write it off just yet!

Got a link for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

colly10 wrote: »
    Got a link for this?

That quote was made about 10 days ago, its old news. It is quite telling though, even Pacs promoter is suprised by his refusal to take a blood test within 24 days before the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Of course this whole sorry affair could quite easily be resolved by the sports governing bodies to go right mayweather has a point here (and he does, no matter what anyone says), lets introduce random blood testing at anytime before or after a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I think Manny should just take the test, but I don't think he's juicing. He should take it just so he gets to beat the crap outta Floyd.

I used to be a big fan of Mayweather, but not anymore. The guy dodges anyone that could possibly trouble him, which is a shame because he is clearly good enough to beat them. Lost alot of respect for the guy. Fighting Malignaggi is a bit of a joke. He will win over 12 rounds and I doubt Mailgnaggi will take even one.

Both the Pacman/Yuri fight and Floyd/Malignaggi fight will be PPV. I wonder which one will win out :rolleyes: I know which one I'll be ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

its disgraceful carry on by the Mayweather camp.

Advertisement