Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Clan Tag?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I like this idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its not a clan though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No but its a way for boardsies to identify each other and can be used by people who are not in a clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Sounds good. An easy way of identifying boardsies when you frag em.:D

I'd like to see this taking off. It could be our community tag.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ill be setting this up from tonight on my tag :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I had that as my tag since CoD4, used it for a few days but have changed it since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Like the Idea, will be using it when I get online next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

Sure why not... I'll go mad and do it too.

CodofWar is that your 360 gamertag? If so I think I played with you couple of days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

great idea! ill put that on tomorrow

add me (xbl)

o 7ViiTeScOpE x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Sounds good add me too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

cool - i'm not in a clan - so this is a good idea for people like me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Sounds good, I'll add that tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can anyone set up a silver account so we can all be added as a friend-we can then see who is on from boards at any given time.

so is this only xbox then? :(

Splinter wrote: »
    so is this only xbox then? :(

It can be on any platform. It's not a clan as such, it's just adding BRDS to the clan part of your name so it will appear as [BRDS]YourName, and boardsies will be able to recognise each other.

I'm on PS3, if any boards users want to add me PSN ID is ScissorPaperRock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

PS3 players add me:

davidmcginley

Il keep a list of PS3 players in this post, might help seeing as the ''look at x's friend's'' option isn't in the PSN yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Can anyone set up a silver account so we can all be added as a friend-we can then see who is on from boards at any given time.

So anyone set this up yet ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

How do you change your displayed name in game?? On the pc :rolleyes:

Berns wrote: »
    How do you change your displayed name in game?? On the pc :rolleyes:

I haven't seen the PC version but I'd imagine it's the same as the consoles. If it is, then you can't actually change your name, it'll be the name you have registered with whatever service you use to play. I.E, Steam on PCs.

This thread is discussing changing the clan tag, which is separate from the ID/name

Edit: I was wrong again :) You can change the name on Steam, see following posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

This thread is discussing changing the clan tag, which is separate from the ID/name

So how do you add the clan tag then on pc :rolleyes:. Thought it was all the same :confused:

So how do you add the clan tag then on pc :rolleyes:. Thought it was all the same :confused:
    open steam and click on your control panel and change your username in there or open the friends window and click your ID and change there :)

I don't know what the roll eyes are for but as far as I know it's on the main multiplayer menu.

I was wrong, see following post.

I don't know what the roll eyes are for but as far as I know it's on the main multiplayer menu.

Maybe you have to level up before you can access it.
    its not, its based within steam, not in the game itself

or if you wish, use shift and tab and access steam in game and do it there

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I haven't seen the PC version but I'd imagine it's the same as the consoles. If it is, then you can't actually change your name, it'll be the name you have registered with whatever service you use to play. I.E, Steam on PCs.

You can change you name on steam easy it is just a nick after all i added a Clan tag in yesterday for MW2 just click on your setting and go to Nickname and type in the Clan you want before the nickname then load MW2 and you see the new clan tag in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'll add that to my name tonight.

I'm on PSN - The40Watt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Whats the most popular type of match people are playing? im usually on deathmatch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Whats the most popular type of match people are playing? im usually on deathmatch.

I play mainly Domination, followed by team deathmatch.

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Team deathmatch for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

cool, im on ps3 as well, mainly team deathmatch

il add the ps3 guys here tonight, my tag is redfan001

Advertisement