Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth and Foot Artists

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

ahhh I always know Christmas is coming when these arrive with my Mum!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

My apologies for bumping such an old thread. But I've just received these cards, so they're still going!?

Is there any point in contacting them to take me off a database / list. Again, I'm not sure how they got my details!

Does anyone have a number / email address for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My apologies for bumping such an old thread. But I've just received these cards, so they're still going!?

Is there any point in contacting them to take me off a database / list. Again, I'm not sure how they got my details!

Does anyone have a number / email address for them?

A waste of them contacting them. I did so for years. Just ignore it completely, use the acres if you wish, and it'll stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

I don't pay for them anymore. Got them again recently. They have been arriving for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Recent thread merged into older thread.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

We get them every year and we never send them back money, they are addressed to my dad, he opened the letter the other day and proclaims free christmas cards wohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I fcuking love free stuff - keep em!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They are rotten though, you could not possibly send them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

anewme wrote: »
    They are rotten though, you could not possibly send them?

you could send them to somebody you dont really like very much but feel obliged to send a card to anyway. everybody has at least one scoldy old relative that they dont like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

I remember getting cards from that crowd years ago, I can't recall what I did with them but I'm pretty sure I put the lot in the recycling bin, much as I'd do with any unsolicited material of that kind. Having read the wiki entry I am glad I didn't use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 CiaranP

I just found my pack from Christmas - I wanted to see if there's an email address or website for me to contact to stop them coming, but no...(there is a phone number)
    The accompanying letter says "you are under no obligation whatsoever to buy or return the set" :)
    back to the attic so, until December!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

CiaranP wrote: »
    I just found my pack from Christmas - I wanted to see if there's an email address or website for me to contact to stop them coming, but no...

Mariah Inexpensive Jockey in post #31 above tells you what you need to know which I can attest to ......
    I returned them for years but they kept coming. Then I kept them without recourse to the sender and I never got them again.

As a kid we used to get them from the 'Disabled Artists' in Cork, they included cards supposedly painted by Christy Brown, he of 'My Left Foot' fame. My mother's conscience got the better of her each January and she sent them the money. Needless to say they arrived again the following Christmas. When they lifted my name from the phone book and sent me a pack, I tossed them in the bin and never heard from them again.

Advertisement