Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C 15 Merit List is out!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hotfuzz

Just got through - score in the mid 30s! I'm totally amazed! This is the first time I've applied and at every single step of the way, from the IST on, I thought I had failed miserably. I'm just so surprised!

Well done to everybody - this was a gruelling process. And still is. Not in yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

well done hot fuzz, thats an amazing score.

Does anyone knows what happens now?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Does anyone knows what happens now?
    You wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 miss_bex

Hey guys,

Got my merit score early on this morning, don't think they were too happy with my 9am phone call but sure :o

Score in the 760s, RC background... Have been following the board for a good wee while so I know it's pretty hard to predict anything, but I'm guessing with that score I'll just have to hope for the best next time round?

Have my medical early next month, too. Was pretty sure the forms for vetting or meds were never going to arrive, then they appeared through the door late last week! First time applying so I didn't even think I'd pass the first bit! :)

But aye, any thoughts on that? & well done to everyone getting those high scores, really brill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siv4444

hey guys i remember reading on threads before the range needed roughly for your merit score for a RC and Non RC to get in. i cant find this now of course!! does anyone have a rought idea?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

siv4444 wrote: »
    hey guys i remember reading on threads before the range needed roughly for your merit score for a RC and Non RC to get in. i cant find this now of course!! does anyone have a rought idea?????

Well I worked it out all things being equal on a 440 in take it would be top 400 as non-rc and top 600 as rc. But that is way off. Sooooo many other factors.
    - How many of those remain in top 1000 are Non-rc and rc
    - How they are spread along the spectrum.
    - How many people have decided not to continue their application. So many people are bound to have got another job and decided to stay with it or only applied for police as a maybe do.
    - How many people have failed vetting
    - How many people have failed medical
    - How many people failed drugs test
    - Of the last four points, whether they were Non-rc or rc and in what part of that spread
    - ...this list could go on probably.

From what I've seen on the boards from previous campaigns where they aimed to take on similar amounts to this campaign, people where getting in close to the thousand mark easy. So I definitely wouldn't count anyone out who's made it on the list whatever the number. Remember not only did they send out letters to say people were on the list. They sent out letters to tell other people they weren't sure they'd have a position for them BUT they couldn't rule the possibility out until September next year :confused: Them guys are even more in limbo-land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LXI 87

Just got my merit place between 240-250 well happy! Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

I just got my merit placing, its below 500 with RC background.. is this good or bad!? :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bigusredus

:D:D:D:DJust got the Merit list this morning!!!Long time listener first time caller on this thread anyhow, Position mid 60's-70's.Feel Magic,just hope the gods are on side now....Well done to everyone for doing so well!!
    Biting the knuckles now as nails and tips are already shot!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

hotfuzz wrote: »
    Just got through - score in the mid 30s! I'm totally amazed! This is the first time I've applied and at every single step of the way, from the IST on, I thought I had failed miserably. I'm just so surprised!

Well done to everybody - this was a gruelling process. And still is. Not in yet!

that's the exact same way I was, kept thinking I'd failed. Makes the surprise even better though lol

Congrats everyone on your scores!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Got my merit score on Friday, in the 130's! Couldn't keep the smile off my face all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

bigusredus wrote: »
    :D:D:D:DJust got the Merit list this morning!!!Long time listener first time caller on this thread anyhow, Position mid 60's-70's.Feel Magic,just hope the gods are on side now....Well done to everyone for doing so well!!
    Biting the knuckles now as nails and tips are already shot!!:)

Very well done mate - I'm in the same boat with a score between 60 and 70:D

I wonder will either of us get a little phone call next month?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

I just found out this morning I am losing my job at the end of Jan. Ideal scenario would be redundant end of Jan, redundancy payment in bank Feb, 2 months messing about and start at GV in Apr. Carlsberg don't do redundancies but if they did!! ;)

Some great scores being posted here. Looks very competitive.

Misterjay wrote: »
    I just found out this morning I am losing my job at the end of Jan. Ideal scenario would be redundant end of Jan, redundancy payment in bank Feb, 2 months messing about and start at GV in Apr. Carlsberg don't do redundancies but if they did!! ;)

Some great scores being posted here. Looks very competitive.

I'm the same mate - no job at the end of the year but a big fat redundancy cheque coming my way:D

Could we be this lucky I wonder? Better get the lotto on for the weekend as good luck comes in 3's:)

I hope I have one of my 'premotion' dreams again mate:D:D

Russler wrote: »
    I'm the same mate - no job at the end of the year but a big fat redundancy cheque coming my way:D

Could we be this lucky I wonder? Better get the lotto on for the weekend as good luck comes in 3's:)

I hope I have one of my 'premotion' dreams again mate:D:D

Oh yes the lotto is an essential. Sad thing is that if I won, I would still go into GV. That said I would be in a position to pay someone to polish my boots and make my bed!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

Ooooohhhh, if you win the lotto, I'll deffo marry you :P;)

Ooooohhhh, if you win the lotto, I'll deffo marry you :P;)

I won £ 10.00 at the weekend. Is that enough to keep you in your lifestyle? LOL. :D

I won £ 10.00 at the weekend. Is that enough to keep you in your lifestyle? LOL. :D

Sure thats enough for a bottle of bucky and a bag of chips! Im easily pleased me :p

Sure thats enough for a bottle of bucky and a bag of chips! Im easily pleased me :p

Lurgan champagne and chips parties in GV then. Can't wait. :D

Lurgan champagne and chips parties in GV then. Can't wait. :D

Sshhhh! If they think we're hooligans they might not let us in! :eek:

• Advertisement

Sshhhh! If they think we're hooligans they might not let us in! :eek:

Covered off already. Champagne flutes for the bucky and forks and napkins for the chips. Posh riff raff!! :D

Covered off already. Champagne flutes for the bucky and forks and napkins for the chips. Posh riff raff!! :D

Ooohhh Im liking your style! I'll bring the vinegar!

Anybody know the starting salary? Deloitte website says just over 22K but I seem to remember PSNI talking about a 'danger allowance' although I thought that had been stopped?

Anybody know the starting salary? Deloitte website says just over 22K but I seem to remember PSNI talking about a 'danger allowance' although I thought that had been stopped?

Pretty certain the starting salary in GV is £ 22K, rising to £ 24.5 on completion and then £ 26K after the 2 years probation.

Re the 'danger allowance' - I was of the understanding that this was phased out. Don't you know we are a 'normal' society again?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

After all the excitement of finding out my merit list position, now I'm thinking, what if it's not high enough, etc!! I have my other half demented

Pretty certain the starting salary in GV is £ 22K, rising to £ 24.5 on completion and then £ 26K after the 2 years probation.

Re the 'danger allowance' - I was of the understanding that this was phased out. Don't you know we are a 'normal' society again?? ;)

I love the 'normal' society reference:D....I'm saying nothing mate;)

I had a feeling the 'Crazy Norn Iron' allowance had been phased out but I guess you don't get if you don't ask eh?

I'm sitting in work bored and dreaming about a start date for the big bad GV bus lad....more waiting:mad:

I love the 'normal' society reference:D....I'm saying nothing mate;)

I had a feeling the 'Crazy Norn Iron' allowance had been phased out but I guess you don't get if you don't ask eh?

I'm sitting in work bored and dreaming about a start date for the big bad GV bus lad....more waiting:mad:

Me too mate. With your merit score you're looking at one of the first three intakes. I could still be waiting in 4-5 months (probably longer reading old posts from other wannabes like myself). Fingers crossed you get the call soon.

Right - what organisation can we hassle next? Thinking of Deloitte for our feedback for a laugh and then we can all have an attempt at calculating our AC scores!

Me too mate. With your merit score you're looking at one of the first three intakes. I could still be waiting in 4-5 months (probably longer reading old posts from other wannabes like myself). Fingers crossed you get the call soon.

Right - what organisation can we hassle next? Thinking of Deloitte for our feedback for a laugh and then we can all have an attempt at calculating our AC scores!

What score did you get buddy? I'm sure an intelligent gent such as yerself will get the call....besides a few months off to spend that redundancy cheque wouldn't be so bad now would it:D

I think it's time to start gathering our merit scores and backgrounds together so we can try and figure out where all the boardies start for C15.

What'd recon mate?

Non RC
    Merit between 60 and 70

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

Non RC
    Merit between 60 and 70

non rc early 140s

Advertisement