Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Informed Performance Submission Tournament 2- December 5th Information

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Neck cranks (in the rules as cervical locks) are illegal at any level, including black belt.

The think about head control/cranking is a bit hard to chat about, but much easier to see when someone does it. You can tell when a guy is cranking right away when you see it but when you're typing about it it's too hard to visualise.

Re: the rules, if you've been on ibjjf.org you'll know that sometime it's not clear which I'm told is due to the translation. Apparently the things that people debate are pretty clear when you read them in Portuguese! Take "Mata Leo with the foot" for example. That's just a toe hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

this was a great tournement, my first no-gi, we had 5 competitors fighting, all but 2 under 18 years old, very well run, and relaxed, not as much waiting around as other comps, have 2 say the instructions at the start definetly helped a lot. The refs were fantastic, great attitudes:) Really enjoyed the tournie, cant wait till the next one:)

www.athybjj.moonfruit.com

I am fantastic it's true, but I have a terrible attitude, everyone says so.

I'll have results, photos etc. up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Having the final in the ring worked really well. The whole day seemed to run very smoothly. Well done Barry.

Well done with the event Barry. It was well run and the finals being on later was a good idea too. Sorry about all the questions at the rules meeting! :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Marty Mc

A great competition.

It had that fine balance of being relaxed but yet competitive.

Fair play to peter stawalski(sp?)..a fantasic grappler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

did he win the absolute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ted bun

hey all
    great comp saterday really well run
    i thought the rules at the start was really helfull.
    are the results up yet??? and yes piotr stawski once again done brilliant fantastic grappler!!!:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

Roper wrote: »
    I am fantastic it's true, but I have a terrible attitude, everyone says so.

I'll have results, photos etc. up tomorrow.

Any results Barry ?????????day or so

wayne1 wrote: »
    Any results Barry ?????????day or so
    well it's good to know that if I slack off Wayne that you're there to keep me on my toes.

Been extremely busy with this fight show on Saturday folks but should get some time in the morning to get this done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

Roper wrote: »
    well it's good to know that if I slack off Wayne that you're there to keep me on my toes.

Been extremely busy with this fight show on Saturday folks but should get some time in the morning to get this done.

No problem Barry !!!!

Advertisement