Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear is back! (Sunday 9:00pm, BBC TWO)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Some good cars, but it was a fairly mediocre episode things to kick things off - too many attempts at humour and obvious scripting. Road at the end was good, although the whole setup was just a copy of what they did a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Some good cars, but it was a fairly mediocre episode things to kick things off - too many attempts at humour and obvious scripting. Road at the end was good, although the whole setup was just a copy of what they did a few years ago.

Why do people bother watching it just to come in here and complain about it?

It's rediculous at this stage. Top Gear has changed from a few years ago. If you don't like it, don't bother watching it :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Alright, then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Alright, then...

Apologies, that little rant wasn't aimed at you!

Just fed up of people saying how crap it has got......well then, why are you still watching it you eejit! lol

I have to say I enjoyed that. Great to have it back.

That was a sweet and brave drift Clarkson did right around one of the corners on the road at the end!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Bryn wrote: »
    Just fed up of people saying how crap it has got......well then, why are you still watching it

Because I still hold that glimmer of hope it might return to what it used to be.

Still good for a few laughs but steadily getting more and more scripted.

No harm done, Bryn. Think I'm a bit cranky with most of TV at the moment, tbh.

Don't get me wrong it can be good, nae, brilliant..and the chemistry between the three lads is great, but sometimes it's a lot more miss than hit. Even with good cars some of the antics are a little uninteresting or a touch annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I prefer the more eccentric undertakings these days, interesting road - they should hold a rally WRC stage on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

I thought it was a great episode, they are getting more of what we want. The 3 lads cocking around in fast cars. A petrol head for a guest, and longer news. They have been listening.
    I hope the rest of the series gets better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

anywhere to watch this online?
    not on youtube yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Toss, I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just a reminder that links to streaming episodes / copyrighted content are not permitted on the Top Gear forum.

Repeat is on Wednesday I think BBC2, then BBC3 next weekend? Check listings for details!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I enjoyed it :) Just finished watching it on iPlayer. Loved the appearance of the Dacia Sanderos and all the subsequent jokes.

Scripted yes, fun, yes. Overall a good start to the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Their reaction when they saw the Sanderos come into the car park full of Ferarri's etc. That made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Its great to have Top Gear back. That road was fantastic. lol at all the Borat jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Have to admit their courage for going into some of those areas (even if it was all pre-planned, security checked, secured etc) in their convertible super cars..!

I think Romanian Embassy in the UK might have helped them a lot, for all the free publicity for their nation..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Love Top Gear.. always have.. but yah the scripted moments are getting a little heavy at times.. I groaned when the lorry hit the Sandero, and they pretended that the camera's weren't ready by including bad shots of the camera crew etc.. something maybe they learnt from genuine events on the US trip.

But the show was worth it for a few classic May moments and some good Clarkson monologue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the next 2 challanges sound good

this sunday
    the 3 set about building their own electric cars

next sunday (lol)
    Flying a caravan to a campsite to avoid clogging up the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Bollocks. Missed the repeat tonight! :mad:

Anyone know how or where I can get it?
    I checked the BBC site but not allowed to view outside UK.

(Whoop 3000!!)

• Advertisement

I imagine a well known website that hosts short films will already have it chopped into 6 10 min segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thought of that myself Mike a little while ago. Downloading now. ;)
    Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

The two times it was on at 9pm, I almost instinctively left whatever I was doing at 5 to 8, only to discover the show wasn't on for another hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Got its absolute rubbish now. So contrived and rooted in fiction its ridiculous. The three guys basically play parodies of themselves nowadays.

Advertisement