Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power Core Combiners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

This:
    Category: toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms

along with the title.

fills me with hope for new gestalts. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Galvasean wrote: »
    This:

along with the title.

fills me with hope for new gestalts. :)

sounds powerlinxy to the ears of doom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Yeah, but hasn't it been done before?
    That said, Energon/Powerlinx was a good idea, if somewhat poorly executed. I'd love to see some new gestalts, but its been a very long time since Hasbro did any decent ones.

Taking things in a slightly different direction here; the next TF movie is less than 2 years away, I'm sure they have a basic idea of what the "gimmick" for that will be, is it too early for them to be thinking about that?

Check it out, Huffer in da house.... and he's brought a friend!

hufferwithcaliburst.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

there was an email in realtion to this supposedly from someone doing design work on these on one of the sites.

the word is they basically ALL combine with each other . according to the poster the most they managed to model on a computer was a gestalt with 134 parts.

could be bollocks but who knows.

anyway im in two minds about this.

on the one hand i LOVE combiners. on the other i thought the whole powerlinks thing was a load of pants . i guess when it comes to gestalts i like em of the 5 or 6 vareity , and not the fecking micro types we got that time either.

personally id love a predacons type gestalt. i.e normal sized voyager TF that combines

still always good to hear about a new line. maybe it ties in with the new video game too (theres a pic of one of them as a prototype toy out there somewhere. prime i think looking like a cross between a truck and a tank)

• Advertisement

Preview in Toyfare magazine.
    Transformers-UK-Toy-Fair-2010_1264805745.jpg

that combiner guy looks very Bruticus esque :)

A little bird told me that there will be a Superion too. While I like Superion we've had one fairly recently. It would be nice to see one of the other special teams getting a revamp instead. I mean, the Predacons are begging to be redone. With modern toy engineeering they could be all kinds of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

good to see some new info on it nonetheless.

there was a while everyone thought it was just some fan job.

ill reserve judgement on em till we get to see more of em but looking good so far.

Pics of Combaticons and Aerialbots:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/official-transformers-powercore-combiners-5-pack-images-from-toy-fair-2010-169178/
    Word on the street is that the limb pieces don have bot modes unfortunately :(However, they dom automorph when you plug them in which is kind of cool.

and deluxes here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/official-transformers-powercore-combiners-2-pack-images-from-toy-fair-2010-169177/
    Apparently any deluxe robot can become a combiner torso. That could be very useful for kitbashing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement