Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Ultimate 'Modern Warfare 2' Pricing Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Went and ordered it from Amazon thinking it was £32. However, they add VAT at the very end which brings it up to £39 (€44). This is the same price as Tesco are selling for so went and cancelled the order

It changed the VAT rate for me too but this only changed it to £33.81 not £39. Strange that happened to you....I ordered it on Tuesday (10th Nov) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Are you paying for shipping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Here's the breakdown

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Delivery Method: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Standard [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Delivery Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few deliveries as possible[/SIZE][/FONT] Subtotal of Items: £27.83 Postage & Packing: £4.98
    Total before VAT: £32.81 VAT: £7.05
    Total: £39.86 Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    Total for this order: £39.86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Amazon offer free delivery on orders over £25. You must select it at the very last stage of ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Amazon offer free delivery on orders over £25. You must select it at the very last stage of ordering.

You're right. Just re-ordered and selected Free Super Saver delivery. It was auto set to Standard which they charge for. Thanks a mil. Order now is :-

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Delivery Method: [/SIZE][/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] FREE Super Saver Delivery [/SIZE][/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Delivery Preference:[/SIZE][/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few deliveries as possible[/SIZE][/font] Subtotal of Items: £27.83 Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total before VAT: £27.83 VAT: £5.98
    Total: £33.81 Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    Total for this order: £33.81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 PaddyM7

Amazon is registered for VAT in Ireland so they charge the difference between UK VAT (15%) and Irish VAT (21.5%). So the price for CoD: MW2 goes to £33.81 but you can’t be caught for customs and the full 21.5% goes to the Irish exchequer. Also, Amazon delivery times for most items is very good, only about 3 days from ordering cause I think they have a distribution centre here (not 100% on this). Free delivery over £25 as well. So good deals and helps the Irish economy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

Here's the breakdown

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Delivery Method: [/SIZE][/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Standard [/SIZE][/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Delivery Preference:[/SIZE][/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few deliveries as possible[/SIZE][/font] Subtotal of Items: £27.83 Postage & Packing: £4.98
    Total before VAT: £32.81 VAT: £7.05
    Total: £39.86 Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    Total for this order: £39.86
    its definitely only 33.81 with free delivery.just try it again i would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

GEM_13 wrote: »
    its definitely only 33.81 with free delivery.just try it again i would say

He did, read the couple post's before yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PaddyM7 wrote: »
    Free delivery over £25 as well. So good deals and helps the Irish economy!!

I have spent about €400 with them over the last month. Free delivery is the winner for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Tesco only did €45 the first 2 days went in to get it yesteday and it was 65, FORGET YOU PAL... same with smyths gone from €45 to €55, could be amazon for me i can wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

In relation to amazon ,I had it pre-ordered since last month with them.
    They shipped it on sunday to me and then sent me an email on monday ,to refund me the difference of the new lower price.
    Just checked my account and I just got €14 refund:)

Thats service for ye.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    In relation to amazon ,I had it pre-ordered since last month with them.
    They shipped it on sunday to me and then sent me an email on monday ,to refund me the difference of the new lower price.
    Just checked my account and I just got €14 refund:)

Thats service for ye.

There's a few retailers could learn from that approach......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

+1 for Amazon from me too, ordered on Monday, sent Tuesday, arrived today, free shipping.

£33.81 - I was charged €37.55 on my card which is a very good deal in my opinion and saved me a lot of traipsing around the shops.

OK, so I only just got the game but it sounds like it will be worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Hey Tesco Bettystown still has 360 and PS3 for €44.95

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Still waiting for xbox version from coolshop, posted on the 4/11, sent them a 'missing order' email yesterday,:( anyone else recieved a coolshop mw2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Ordered mine off Amazon the day before it was released, was shipped on the release date and I received it today, very happy with the service and the pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 45,923 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Slightly off topic but from reading some of the posts here it seems that Coolshop deliver to here. Whats the standard shipping rate/charge for a PC game for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭QenTox

muffler wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but from reading some of the posts here it seems that Coolshop deliver to here. Whats the standard shipping rate/charge for a PC game for example?
    Free delivery to Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

anyone know how long the offer is on in sainsburys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cudders wrote: »
    anyone know how long the offer is on in sainsburys?

I think it is on until tomorrow, but haven't heard anything concrete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,923 ✭✭✭✭muffler

QenTox wrote: »
    Free delivery to Ireland...
    Thanks QenTox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Is there any special offers still on in Tesco, Harvey Norman, Xtra or Gamestop? I only have money for it now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

45euro in Tesco Nutgrove and 65 in Harvey Normans across the road.PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

45euro in Tesco Nutgrove and 65 in Harvey Normans across the road.PS3

Was it €45 in Tesco Nutgrove today? I was in there on Thursday night and it was back up to €65.

In Smyths Carrickmines today it was €55, and HN across the road it was €65 - all on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Dazzy wrote: »
    Was it €45 in Tesco Nutgrove today? I was in there on Thursday night and it was back up to €65.

In Smyths Carrickmines today it was €55, and HN across the road it was €65 - all on 360.

Yeap Dazzy 45euro @ 3.30ish today in Tesco;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i just bought mw2 in little island harvey norman for the ps3, price was €39.99

had few more copies left aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

It's now up to €65.99 in Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Picked mine up for 50e in Harvey Normans Castlebar, could have went with Amazon, but I wanted it now god damn it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Anyone got prices for pc version??

Anyone know where to get pc version in Navan area. (prob have to visit Blanch)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got my 360 copy for 44.99 in Tesco, Midleton today.

Advertisement