Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so who's got mw2?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:04am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

i've started seeing it being played on my friends list

any one got it yet?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yep. Only got it this morning. Delivered from The Hut.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This might interest those that have it but are afraid to play online before the embargo is lifted @ midnight tonight.

Taken from Blue`s News

On the MW2 Street Date

[Nov 08, 2009, 3:39 pm ET] - 20 Comments
    Noting that they've seen reports of retailers claiming they have permission to sell Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 before its November 10 release date (like this and this), Activision sends along a concise refutation: "Activision has not given any retailer permission to sell Modern Warfare 2 prior to the Nov. 10 street date. The company fully supports the Nov.10 street date." There's also a Tweet from Robert Bowling repeating this, but also saying: "That said, we won't punish players for it."

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/statuses/5538718391

Lucky gits im jealous :)

I demand feedback :) multiplayer especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Why the late embargo on reviews ? Usually for any big release the reviews are up before what is essentially release day, unless of course it's a stinker which I'm not suggesting this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Jip wrote: »
    Why the late embargo on reviews ? Usually for any big release the reviews are up before what is essentially release day, unless of course it's a stinker which I'm not suggesting this is.

Ya its crap, GameTrailers don't have theirs up until tomorrow morning. Meta-critic have nowt up yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sure thats nothing. Ubisoft DEMANDED a good review of Assassins Creed II in a German magazine this month. I mean come on!!! It reminds me of the Batman facade. Turned out it really was that good in the end :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Game is brilliant. I got CoD4 only 3month's ago, only bought it because it was a cheap second hand one. Played the single and multi player, it was good, but I did not have any map's so was alway's being kicked.

I got WaW and did not like it.

So MW2 is the first I've got from release.
    I cant compare it to the last as I have not really played it that much but the multi-player is very addictive, single player storyline is great.
    Fan's and non-fan's wont be disappointed.

Dont know why there's embargo on review's?
    I suppose everyone is going to buy it.
    I'll bet the majority will give it 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

who is selling it early, come on spill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I will probably only ever play the single player on normal difficulty to get through the story so don't really care too much about the campaign.

How's the multi-player. If it plays the same as CoD4 but with new maps and weapons then I will be pretty happy.

Is there a hardcore team deathmatch mode still? (Others forgive my ignorance, I don't like reading on-line previews/reviews as I find them quite biased a lot of the time)

Vegeta wrote: »
    I will probably only ever play the single player on normal difficulty to get through the story so don't really care too much about the campaign.

Me too. Good storyline it the sp. Probably wont be playing on vet as even in recruit I keep dying.
    How's the multi-player. If it plays the same as CoD4 but with new maps and weapons then I will be pretty happy.

MP is great if you liked that your going to love this. Yep new weapons map are much better than the one's I played in the last two I did not like them. New kill streak thing's perk's and stuff.

• Advertisement

who is selling it early, come on spill.

I ordered mine from the hut in the uk. It was a risk because I thought it would not have came til wednesday. But it came 9 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Mask wrote: »
    I ordered mine from the hut in the uk. It was a risk because I thought it would not have came til wednesday. But it came 9 this morning.

thats great , i never order new realese games i really want on line, cause of the problems i had with cdwow. but the hut seems to be changing my mind.

Got it for 52euro too. Bought it in pound's and it should have been only 50euro the increased the exchange rate. But sure fair play to them and thank's to anpost for getting it to me early. Oh and I would never again order from cdwow after they left me waiting 3month's for the last game I ordered from them.
    Im dying to play the game again. Had to go out.

I checked the leader board's before I left and im ranked something like 96000. So over 100k people have the game already. And I think the top ranked person had something like 24k kills!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Are they not resetting the leaderboard tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Are they not resetting the leaderboard tonight?

I cant see the link on my mobile. Is it just the leaderboard? Will anything earned in multiplayer be taken, perk's and exp earned?

“It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages,” said Robert Bowling creative strategist at Infinity Ward

So yea, they dont want anyone to have an unfair advantage at the launch so everythiing will be reset at Infintiy Wards discretion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I dont know if I would be as excited if i got the game early. All day today im just sitting around watching the clock, then a few of us are going to have a launch party and spend the night playing it!!!

LESS THAN 9 HOURS TO GO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Mask wrote: »
    I cant see the link on my mobile. Is it just the leaderboard? Will anything earned in multiplayer be taken, perk's and exp earned?

From that link -

"Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling has tweeted that Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer will get a leaderboard reset for anyone who has the game already.
    It is to make sure no one has an unfair advantage before the game is released next Tuesday.
    “It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages,” said Bowling.
    There you have it, kids."

My impression was that everything - perks, levels etc were all being reset.

Yea, EVERYTHING is going to be reset for pirated copies and modded consoles and they'll prob get banned!

• Advertisement

My impression was that everything - perks, levels etc were all being reset.

Oh well. Suppose its only fair to everyone else then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Actually, nebody that has a legit copy, your stats and ranks etc are not going to be reset. Fourzerotwo updated his twitter recently. So play away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

sure thats nothing. Ubisoft DEMANDED a good review of Assassins Creed II in a German magazine this month. I mean come on!!! It reminds me of the Batman facade. Turned out it really was that good in the end :rolleyes:

UBISOFT: You better give us a good review or else....

GERMAN MAG: NEIN!!!

UBISOFT: That'll do.

Jammy XBoxers, my PC version arrived today and I cant install it until 12 cos of cruddy steam

:(

Jammy XBoxers, my PC version arrived today and I cant install it until 12 cos of cruddy steam

Serious?? jes thats a dose. No way around it nah?

Serious?? jes thats a dose. No way around it nah?

Nah, seems everyone is waiting on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Got home and the PS3 version arrived in the post from www.coolshop.co.uk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Are you sure it's 12? Doesn't steam always run its clock on local time, which is much, much later then 12 here?
    Jip wrote: »

Don't want to harm the product. They know it'll sell millions anyway but if mediocre reviews appear saying anything negative in the wake of the PC version etc. they'll loose sales.

Unfortunate really...

Are you sure it's 12? Doesn't steam always run its clock on local time, which is much, much later then 12 here?

The aussies and kiwis are currently enjoying the game so I think its regional. The error I got was something along the lines of "the game is not available for purchase in this country".

5 and a half hours to go.
    May get a few hours sleep in now...

• Advertisement

Nah, seems everyone is waiting on the clock.

Thats a pity and a major head ****, still tho the build up to the game launch adds to the experience imo..

Advertisement