Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Boss Character ever !

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I broke a DS stylus in frustration over the last level of Ouendan. The satisfaction was immense when I beat it though.

You haven't faced a cheap end boss in a beat'em up until you've faced one in an SNK game. They are cheaper than Aldi. In fact even the normal character AI is usually ridiculously tough.

Dark Aeons can still **** right off. Oh you can't get the Magus sisters summon until you beat the stupidly tough Dark Magus Sisters. Oh look I'm dead before I even get to make 1 move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Dark Aeons can still **** right off. Oh you can't get the Magus sisters summon until you beat the stupidly tough Dark Magus Sisters. Oh look I'm dead before I even get to make 1 move.

your meant to do this kind of run away mini-game thing where you run into the left and then up and around these cliffs. that way you fight them 1 at a time and they cant delta force you as they need all 3 to do that. there are bigger c*nts then the dark aeons in games tho, kingdom hearts - sephiroth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

At least Sephiroth was entirely optional and didn't get in the way of you doing any other much lower level sub quests.

All the game needed was a menu when you got to the dark aeon:

Do you wish to face dark wanker aeon?

- Yes

- I do in me Ballocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Jazzy wrote: »
    your meant to do this kind of run away mini-game thing where you run into the left and then up and around these cliffs. that way you fight them 1 at a time and they cant delta force you as they need all 3 to do that. there are bigger c*nts then the dark aeons in games tho, kingdom hearts - sephiroth.

What???!!! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

What???!!! :eek:

yup! all true.
    i dunno, i liked the challenge of bosses like those. i prefer more mechanical bosses that are a challenge though and not just "get x amount of stats here and win". there were no bosses in fallout or bioshock tho (last guy is a joke in both games) which was disappointing as both games were crying out for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yes Dark Aeons sucked nuts and ruined the game for me.

But Psycho Mantis from MSG was a git also. It took me ages to figure out that you gotta change controller ports to beat him.

Psycho_Mantis.jpg

Advertisement