Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to squat

Options
  • 06-11-2009 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi guys i cant close my hands on the bar when im trying to squat so my hands are open with the weights on them any help please
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

318is. wrote: »
    hi guys i cant close my hands on the bar when im trying to squat so my hands are open with the weights on them any help please

You are gonna need either a video or a picture so people can see what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

d'Oracle wrote: »
    You are gonna need either a video or a picture so people can see what the issue is.

+1

I've got an image of you with the bar across your shoulders and your hands on the bar (completely normal back squat stance). I don't think them being closed or open makes a huge difference - they're mostly there to control the bar rather than hold it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 318is.

my hands are back behind my neck as far as they go,so the bar is on my neck and on my fingers very sore so cant do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

because your chest and shoulders are tighter than a bag of guitar strings is your problem

If you cant do the illustrated stretch here as sitting shoulder stretch -

http://thetransformationcatalyst.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/band-pulls-for-healthy-pain-free-shoulders/

you need more work on stretching. It will also help your bench and OH pressing and decrease chance of injury

Advertisement