Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

i think we have enough now, chris do you work in pc world? i was in there last friday!thought i saw you:confused:

Yeah but shh,Dont tell anyone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

Yeah but shh,Dont tell anyone :p

haha wats wrong with that??

good kickabout tonight again lads. just had the nicest shower of my life:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Think we set a record for the most uncontrolled balls in 60 minutes of football. Enjoyed the game, but the conditions made it difficult.

I was telling people that next week is the last week before Christmas, but Ive just checked the calender and I'm wrong. Theres 2 games left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

yep was a bitch to control the ball alright, definitely blaming the conditions:D
    Think the teams were a little imbalanced this week, maybe pick the teams a bit better next time? we got totally slaughtered but still enjoyed the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The pitch didnt help matters at all last night with the slight frost on the top.

I can see the level of fitness from everyone improving in the few weeks we have been playing so thats all good.

fredzer wrote: »
    yep was a bitch to control the ball alright, definitely blaming the conditions:D
    Think the teams were a little imbalanced this week, maybe pick the teams a bit better next time? we got totally slaughtered but still enjoyed the game.

Yeah, it was definitely unfair. Its hard to pick fair teams though. I literally just handed out the bibs based on where people were standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

fredzer wrote: »
    yep was a bitch to control the ball alright, definitely blaming the conditions
    ciaran76 wrote: »
    The pitch didnt help matters at all last night with the slight frost on the top.
    Tusky wrote: »
    Think we set a record for the most uncontrolled balls in 60 minutes of football. Enjoyed the game, but the conditions made it difficult.

Conditions were bad, but the culprit was actually the ball which is nearly completely flat now. I think the valve is knackered. It was too soft for the game which is not what you want on a frosty pitch. You's wont be seeing that ball again, its gone to the great game in the sky. :)
    Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah, it was definitely unfair. Its hard to pick fair teams though. I literally just handed out the bibs based on where people were standing.

Yeah the teams were unfair but I can't think of a good way to pick teams. Maybe other people have suggestions.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

I suggest people rate themelves and be honest..id say out of ten id give myself a 5 - 6 / 10 for skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

ye pitch wasnt great but we need to play shorter basic passes when its like that id say (both teams) and be a bit more compact maybe? we shudnt really worry as much about the score - just try keep possesion and play a bit of football.

the ball picks up speed when theres a bit of frost on it. i was playing 5pm and it wasnt too bad but really noticed big difference by 10pm - it does get pretty cold! the bibs are a real godsend tho, making hell of a difference.

2 weeks left - thats great! thanks to ben for sorting it! lookin forward to next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

Kaldorn wrote: »
    I suggest people rate themelves and be honest..id say out of ten id give myself a 5 - 6 / 10 for skill.

i dunno if its as simple as just a 'skill rating' - lot of the trouble last night was over ambitious long passes (more like 11 a side - lot of by-passing 'midfield' kind of thing). too much knocking into space and not enough passes going in to feet. (i was a big culprit myself!) id say we can probably work out fairer teams as time goes by. we could have changed it round a bit maybe last night but the losing side did alright. maybe we could sort it on ppls experience level? i think fitness isnt really a concern at this stage i dont think many are knackered at the end of it but i dunno?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Just a reminder that myself and Tony can't make it next Thursday as we both have a work xmas party. Should be both available for the last night though.

What do ye reckon about putting a cap on the number of players i.e. 10. I know conditions were difficult but 12 players are too many imo.

manster wrote: »
    What do ye reckon about putting a cap on the number of players i.e. 10. I know conditions were difficult but 12 players are too many imo.

The only problem with 5v5 is that if someone doesnt show up (which has happened every week bar one) you end up playing 5v4, which makes for a crap game.

At least if you have 6v6 and someone doesnt show up, you can play 6v5 which isnt too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Can you put me down as 2 people going.

Im going to bring my brother as an extra person this to cover for manster and his mate.

I'll get him signed up to teamer and send you a mail with his info Ben.

Can you put me down as 2 people going.

Im going to bring my brother as an extra person this to cover for manster and his mate.

I'll get him signed up to teamer and send you a mail with his info Ben.

Done.

Guys, theres a wee chance that I may have to pull out of football this Thursday. Ive an essay due on Friday morning, so it all depends if I can get it done.

Keep an eye on the thread and I'll let yea know tomorrow. If I do have to pull out, came someone else sort out the cash ?

Maybe Ciaran could drop up to me on his way to Coolmine and get the bibs ?

can do.

how come the event is gone from teamer??:confused:

how come the event is gone from teamer??:confused:

I accidentally put it at 10am instead of 10pm. Oops. There were 12 people signed up (including me) but Its looking like I wont make it.

Tony seems to have problems with teamer so if does someone fancy txting him and asking if he is playing ? He hadnt replied on teamer.

How are we fixed for tonight now that we are without the fantastic organisational skills of Tusky? :)

Do we have 10 or 12 people? How is the money thing going to be worked tonight?

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

I will sort it out if needs be.I am getting the bibs.

Also! Some one make sure they bring a well pumped up ball.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

kenon wrote: »
    Also! Some one make sure they bring a well pumped up ball.

I'll have a ball with me, will give it a quick pump before leaving the house.

Good game last night lads.

Whats the general feeling for next week?

17th Dec. we all ok for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Yeah, Im up for next Thurs.

Yep, good game last night.

I'm good for next week.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Raging I didnt get to play. Would have loved a game. Cheers for picking up bibs and sorting out money Ciaran.

How many people turned up ?

5-5. Close game aswel, I think there was only 3 or 4 goals in it which is close for these games!

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brolly32

Have just found out about these games in Coolmine from Manster. just live 5 minutes away.Great idea. Have registered with teamer.net Hope I can get a game in at some point.

• Advertisement

Brolly32 wrote: »
    Have just found out about these games in Coolmine from Manster. just live 5 minutes away.Great idea. Have registered with teamer.net Hope I can get a game in at some point.
    The teamer texts and emails were just sent out. You'll probably get your game this thursday if you reply.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Advertisement