Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black bin bag while training

Options
  • 04-11-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

hey guys, was in my local gym last night when i noticed a scrunchin sound conming from a lad near me. finally asked him what it was and he showed that he was wearing a bin bag around his torso to help him lose weight while training.... anyone hear of this before or does it actually work? i thought he might just be losing loads of fluids...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

If you wear a bin bag while you're training you can get rid of all the rubbish that's in your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Georgie Best used to pull that trick to sweat out the excesses

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Georgie Best used to pull that trick to sweat out the excesses

Yeah and it worked wonders for him, especially on the second liver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Heard it used by jockey's to come in at the right weight, that guys old school....

Edit: was he fat? And doesn't your gym have a sauna? Nearly all of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

he'd be big enuf but nothin overboard.... yea there's a sauna there but he obviously dont use it.

• Advertisement

Dexters16 wrote: »
    he'd be big enuf but nothin overboard.... yea there's a sauna there but he obviously dont use it.
    Remarkable. Apostrophes in the correct positions yet enough spelled like that.

Bin liners are still used to cut water, though sauna suits are readily available these days so they're rare enough. He's dehydrating himself, so he's either a fat boxer/jockey with a weigh in tomorrow or just a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

think he does boxing so he might be trying to get down to weight class...sorry about the spelling...im trying to multi task posting here while working and texting! it's tough.. ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

He's not a moron Roper he's just hardcore!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Sounds a load of rubbish to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Gator wrote: »
    Sounds a load of rubbish to me :p
    i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

he will lose water not fat, end of.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

Are you still allowed to call them black bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

AdeT wrote: »
    Are you still allowed to call them black bags?

You serious or on a trolling escapade...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

_JOE_ wrote: »
    You serious or on a trolling escapade...

just a joke...my bad. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cowzerp wrote: »
    he will lose water not fat, end of.
    He never said he was trying to lose fat, he said weight, obviously for a weigh-in.

In case somebody misunderstands, the weight will come straight back on with a few litres of water drank

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mellor wrote: »
    He never said he was trying to lose fat, he said weight, obviously for a weigh-in.

In case somebody misunderstands, the weight will come straight back on with a few litres of water drank

Yes but people reading this will read losing weight as losing fat and our gyms will be full of sweaty people with bags on!

I've done it for years but thats for boxing, mma etc..

apart from this its pointless.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement