Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

art and design?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

just wondering im in college at the moment and i will be dropping out soon and reapplying through the CAO would it be possible for me to create a portfolio for art and design if i did not do art for the leaving cert? any inout into this would be great thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

You don't need to have done art for the Leaving Cert but you will need a strong portfolio. There's a portfolio preparation course offered by Limerick School of Art & Design/LIT through the Lifelong Learning Department. This is run in the Autumn and Spring terms and is a part-time evening course. See http://www.lit.ie/adulteducation/art/9001.html I know other institutions also offer similar programmes but I heard this one is good as it's taught by the people who assess the portfolios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

how long does it usualy take to build up a portfolio do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

how long does it usualy take to build up a portfolio do you know?
    Most people take a year out and do a portfolio course. I did mine in Desmond College, Newcastle West, (currently a 4th year sculpture student) but Limerick Senior College also does courses.

PJTierney wrote: »
    Most people take a year out and do a portfolio course. I did mine in Desmond College, Newcastle West, (currently a 4th year sculpture student) but Limerick Senior College also does courses.

id be starting a portfolio course in January do you think that would be enough time to get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

id be starting a portfolio course in January do you think that would be enough time to get it done?
    Should be, if you dedicate a lot of time to it.

Just make sure to talk to tutors about a good format for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

Is it still possible to enter into a portfolio course in January?

Is it still possible to enter into a portfolio course in January?

just in case you didn't get my pm heres the link

http://lit.ie/adulteducation/art/9001.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maggiemaymags

Hi , yes I think it is possible. You just need to check with college ad/min.

Advertisement