Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What if the garage cant fix your Audi

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

mickdw wrote: »
    This is all shocking stuff. Sounds like there are still bits of cars thrown around the workshop there. What were they upto?

The thing that i noticed is that both times i spoke to the service manager about the missing parts he referred to the technicians ,he never referred to them as mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

galwaytt wrote: »
    Not all diesels are direct injection. As for the EGR, depends on the design of the valve. Renault(Nissan) dCi valves can be poppet type, and the heads have been known to shear off and get sucked into the inlets..........wannaguess what an ingested piece of metal the size of a € does to a running engine..........??

And as for the 'easy to spot with diagnostics'...?....have you ever owned a Bill-Gates-Powered computer ?? ......exactly..........I wouldnt believe a word it says, either.......

You having a bad day or just looking for an argument ;)

My suggestions about direct injection / EGR and diagnostics were all based on the fact that the OP has an VAG car. All VAG cars in the last x years are direct injection are they not ? so no throttle body. The EGR, if it fails and if it causes an issue will have a specific fault code, which is easy to read with vag-com.

My point was/is that what the garage mentioned as problems - to me - sound dodgy.

Advertisement