Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru and the direction of the Impreza...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

GigaByte wrote: »
    I'd wait until you see Subaru's version, there's tons of different concept versions out there.

For example the concept version of the toyota model pictured in this thread is nothing like the one going into production. I for one like the direction toyota is going with there model.

ft86-2.jpg

That looks sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Biro wrote: »
    Nope, I had the "even girlier" 140bhp model. 190's were like hens teeth way back when I was buying 5 or 6 years ago. I had to settle. The point was that I was in a car that I didn't consider quick, and it was far quicker than a car that someone else thought was so quick that nothing could keep up with it, apart from the turbo version...

Ah ok, my mistake. :o

Good point though!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,836 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'd wait until you see Subaru's version, there's tons of different concept versions out there.

For example the concept version of the toyota model pictured in this thread is nothing like the one going into production. I for one like the direction toyota is going with there model.

ft86-2.jpg

Oh I like that. Aggressive little car! And nothing girlie about it at all. Is that going into production?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

That's the (Toyota) FT-86 isn't it?

JHMEG wrote: »
    That's the (Toyota) FT-86 isn't it?

Yip it is indeed!

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Oh I like that. Aggressive little car! And nothing girlie about it at all. Is that going into production?

Yes its going into production. Toyota wanted to build a sports car to sell along side the new Lexus LFA that would be much more afordable to the mass market. You should be able to buy either one in 2011. The choice is yours :D

lexuslfalive_06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Aha-shake

Is now too late to point out the photo shown in the OP of the orange "concept" is a complete piss poor photoshop that does no justice to what Subaru will actually be making?

Based on its sister car the FT86, it looks very promising styling wise.
    Just reserve your judgement until it's unveiled instead of basing it on some gaudy photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Subaru have never been much into styling, the company tends to let the mechanicals do the talking.
    Remember this :
    Subaru_Brat_Ad.jpg

These were 4wd back when it was unusual to find it on small cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Nah - it wasn't the mechanicals that did the talking :D

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/earl123joy3hh4.jpg/

original link for all you doubters out there;

http://imcdb.org/vehicle_45175-Subaru-Brat-1987.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Yes its going into production. Toyota wanted to build a sports car to sell along side the new Lexus LFA that would be much more afordable to the mass market. You should be able to buy either one in 2011. The choice is yours :D

lexuslfalive_06.jpg

I think I will start saving now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good news Frankie, It's a lot nearer to production than it was when this thread died :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ha,this is one funny thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

lexuslfalive_06.jpg

wasn't this on TG recently? Prices quoted about £300k stg...?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    wasn't this on TG recently? Prices quoted about £300k stg...?

Yes indeed it was (in the last episode of the recent season)

Advertisement