Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I'we been playing this for about a month now. Currently have a fleet of :
    Il-86-x50
    DC-10-10-x50
    Dassault Mercure-x50
    Il-96-400-x75
    A380-800-10

I haven't decided on a hub yet, im wondering what to choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

been playing for around a week and have:

6 * B737-800
    5 * BAe146
    1 * A321-200
    1 * A340-200
    1 * DC-8-61
    8 * Breguet 763
    5 * Dassault Mercure
    1 * A319-200 (undergoing conv to cargo)
    1 * Learjet 25B (converted to cargo)

not bad going for a newb, lol

no hub as of yet, just going for high demand routes. Already planning on getting rid of anything thats not Airbus and going for a 100% airbus fleet, but thats gonna take time

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

I picked London because its kinda in the middle of everything and demand seems good. I added a fifth DM to the fleet but this time chose distance over demand.. mistake number one. I will change the route once planes on the ground. Can you name your airlines and Ill keep a list cheers.

mine is Railton Airways

was trying to find you on the stock market but couldnt get ya

The only airbus AC's that i'm keeping are A380's, there are cheaper AC's than airbus with the same flying range, and seat capacity.

• Advertisement

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    The only airbus AC's that i'm keeping are A380's, there are cheaper AC's than airbus with the same flying range, and seat capacity.

yeah, i was originally going down the boeing route as well, hence the purchase of the 738's, meh might keep it a mixed bag for now and see how it all goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone got a link to this , i could get into this?

on facebook search for airline manager, have fun and dont forget to post your airline name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I'm blue global airlines. Have been playing for about 2 months now and have a whole range of aircraft.

If anyone is just starting Airline Manager, once you start have a look at Fast Track Guide, on AM's forum...I found it very usefull, and im still following it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭davetherave

I was playing back in the days of the golden circle ;)
    Started again there a few months back about 200m in debt, now I'm back up to 250m in the positive.
    The only stock I have left from the old days is

Quinky Dink Airlines bought @ $2.86, current value $319.06, amount 100000. Winnings $316.21 per share. :eek:

I'm Maybe Airlines if anyone wants to buy some stock.

Couldn't find you on the stock market joe?

Type in 'Northern Star, in search engine. Im Northern Star airlines. As I said I only started so give me time. The 1st stage of my plans is to get up to 50 DM aircraft, god knows how long this will take.

Hmm, It appears theres 2 Northern Star Airlines, dont know how that happened but Yes Im not on the stock market!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I sold about 180 B787-8 there about a week ago,trying to make the whole fleet A380-800's.
    Stock price $1357.84- 288 A380's,21 A340-300,20 B747-8,10 A380-800F.

Got a bit bored but might renew interest now again. Air Striker Airlines-5 achievements left to achieve,but it looks like I have to buy some of those which ain't gonna happen:pac:

Gonna sell off the 5 BAe146's, dont really bring much to the table.

what i would love to see on AM is a way of setting the sale/buy prices yourself for AC and also for routes, would make it more interesting

List of current airlines.

Railton Airways
    Blue global airlines
    Maybe Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Northern Star Airlines

AM Admins tell me that my airline will be added to stock market over next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I'm going to give this another go. I have started up as Seonac Air with 4 Dassault Mercure' using the Fast Track. If anyone wishes to invest you might look me up.

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    I'm going to give this another go. I have started up as Seonac Air with 4 Dassault Mercure' using the Fast Track. If anyone wishes to invest you might look me up.

always looking for investments, and prefer to invest in startups, so once ur in the market will get some stock

I'm going to give this another go. I have started up as Seonac Air with 4 Dassault Mercure' using the Fast Track.

Excatly what Im doing. Planing on adding a fifth dm shortly. Added a fith earlier had to sell it due to a fuel shortage... schoolboy error.

Seonac Air
    Railton Airways
    Blue global airlines
    Maybe Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Northern Star Airlines

Yeah I'm running out of fuel too, I'we about 200,000,000 lbs left and there's still more than two weeks left till really cheap fuel($50).

• Advertisement

Does fuel go down to $50 now? Its been a while since I played last. The lowest then for fuel was $200

Yeah I think it goes to $50 on the 25th of every month , atleast it did last month and a month before...So everyone gets their tanks full for a low price.And it also goes to 150 or something like that but i cant remember when, have a look at AM's forum there's loads of threads about fuel prices and schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Just started playing today, currently have two 731s after advice from this thread. Flying to Bilbao and, hold on, reycjavik (?), long flights but after trying to do shorthail from Shannon to London Glasgow Manchester and, yes, Galway, it proved unprofitable. I think I'll save up for longer haul aircraft rather than going for lots of ATRs embraers etc.

Btw it's Aer Airways (couldn't resist)

EDIT: just bought a Yak 18-T, four seater, flying DUB - Inishmore.....for the laugh! Might expand to Inishark, never know

Try to get the longest range and demand from them 737,s, flying Ireland to UK isnt going to bring you in the cash. I have added my fifth dm to the fleet now, hopefully one a day over the next day or two. Then I hope to add 2 dm,s every day. However Ive been on holidays from work the last week so might slow down a bit as im back tomorow.

Seonac Air
    Railton Airways
    Blue global airlines
    Maybe Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Northern Star Airlines
    Aer Airways

Those DM's are really good for the beggining, especialy if you can log in every 2-3 hours as they can fly every 2 hours on their max range. Ohh and you can add me on the list livergy Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Now flying DUB-Haifa in a DC-4.

Seats 86 and does 4,000+ miles, not to bad. Are the more antiquated aircraft more prone to "incidents"?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

need some investors only just started playing today, 3 A/C although third was a mistake think i might just sell it as soon as
    Please invest in AIRPEN Airways

Seonac Air
    Railton Airways
    Blue global airlines
    Maybe Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Northern Star Airlines
    Aer Airways
    Livergy Airlines
    Airpen Airways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭davetherave

Going to splash out and clear the accounts out and buy either another A380 or start on the cargo market with 777 Freighter this evening. Stock is currently sitting at 21.66, if anyone can afford it it would make some nice quick profit for them.

The golden circle returns :D

• Advertisement

Whats the name of your airline? i could buy 200k stock of you

Advertisement