Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I just bought my first 747 there all be it the cheapest version. I got my achievement straight away. Quite the earner as well, brings in over 1.5 million per flight.

Shares have now risen to 5.28 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

Fuel at $400:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Eoinsheehy wrote: »
    Fuel at $400:D

Damn it- thats the couple of planes I'd planned on purchasing today gone.......
    Mmmm- I love the sweet smell of aerofuel in the morning (napalm too......) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

bought over 60,000,000 yesterday at €150 and 40,000,000 today at €400.
    So have over 100,000,000 fuel in reserve now.

I'm broke but with no fuel purchases for a while I'm going to spend next week buying planes every day and building up the fleet.

Now would be a good time to invest in clown bag airlines ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have now got a route into each european country with 2 planes services each route. gonna do the same for africa and asia tomorrow so I think I've some shares still left to sell if anyone wants in LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭crisco10

Think I will hit €10 per share in the next day. yee ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Just a question for those A380 operators among us: What routes have you them on? I have 4, (will get my 5th tomorrow morning) currently doing-

EJ-BIG; Dublin-Auckland 18168KM
    EJ-BIA; Montreal-Perth 18330KM
    EJ-BIB; La Paz-Hong Kong 19313KM Last flight $6.1M
    EJ-BIC; Beijing-Buenos Aires 19261KM Last flight $5.8

(EJ-BID: Suggestions?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

crisco10 wrote: »
    Think I will hit €10 per share in the next day. yee ha!

Just passed the $10 a share mark myself,moving along nicely.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Air-Madrid have been pretty quiet lately, been continuing to replace the MD80's with A321-200's, over half have been replaced to date. Still have over 50m lbs of fuel so shouldn't need to buy some this week. Another 747 should arrive later in the week, too.

Stats:
    Total Flights: 1,217
    Pax of all Time: 175068
    Stock Rate: 7.13
    Fleet: 40

Map:
    route_graph_in_air-1.gif

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Air-Madrid have been pretty quiet lately, been continuing to replace the MD80's with A321-200's, over half have been replaced to date.

How do you find the 321-200's. Just bought my first this morning. I was buying different types of 737's and some 707's but at over 1/2 mill for a 7hour trip the A321-200's seem decent enough value.

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote: »
    How do you find the 321-200's. Just bought my first this morning. I was buying different types of 737's and some 707's but at over 1/2 mill for a 7hour trip the A321-200's seem decent enough value.
    I really like the A321,the best of the A320 family in my opinion. I just got my 52nd example. 6000KM is a decent range and the 220 seats gives a boost to income over the A320/B737s.

Dacian wrote: »
    I really like the A321,the best of the A320 family in my opinion. I just got my 52nd example. 6000KM is a decent range and the 220 seats gives a boost to income over the A320/B737s.

I'd second this. I've 44 thus far. I've also started with longer haul A330-300s (10 so far). Most of the maintenance work I have every day are on B707-100s doing European shorthaul routes. I'm going to get shot of them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'll just echo what Dacian and smcarrick posted above. Decent profits and also less fuel consumption than the MD80s I've been replacing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair will be launching no new routes for the next few days while we replace some of our older aircraft. Our stocks over the next day or two will generally remain the same. We also have a leased shorts360 doing a short hop in thu uk, now this was the real vomit comit!!! Our leased 787 has returned as our A330,s are nearly ready for service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Griffair will be launching no new routes for the next few days while we replace some of our older aircraft. Our stocks over the next day or two will generally remain the same. We also have a leased shorts360 doing a short hop in thu uk, now this was the real vomit comit!!! Our leased 787 has returned as our A330,s are nearly ready for service.

Damn I a shareholder in your Airline a small shareholder I'll grant you but I've only barely started.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cant wait for the price of that advertising to come down , I have 25 routes in bad need of it !

Damn I a shareholder in your Airline a small shareholder I'll grant you but I've only barely started.

Dont worry this is for the best. Wait until u see whats coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

A380 or 2 B747-8??????

Will have the cash available in the next hour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

I have 80m to splash out on, recommendations please

Cheers

hick wrote: »
    I have 80m to splash out on, recommendations please

Cheers

10 x A321-200 ?

• Advertisement

Yes I agree the A321 is the best bet.

gaff85 wrote: »
    A380 or 2 B747-8??????
    I think 2xB747. The A380 takes in at least $5M per flight and increases your stock by about $1. But it s a big investment for a single aircraft. By getting the B748s you are getting maybe more than $5m per pair of flights and still getting an achievement.

Im just sorting a few bits and pieces out in my fleet changing some shorthaul aircraft, and some shorthaul routes. This will take a day or two. Were expecting a couple more A330-300 from Tue onwards to add to 5 already on our transatlantic routes. In another deal that strays away from Airbus, 5 747-100 aircraft will be added to the fleet also. We will continue to replace older and aircraft on short hop routes with new BAE 146 aircraft. These will open new routes out of our Dublin, Cardiff and Belfast hubs.

On a seperate note we are delighted to launch our Buisness + service from London City Airport to New York via Shannon. We will moniter this service and add to demand in needed.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Its addictive!!! Just bought my first 3 planes!! Onwards and upwards

R3d Airlines :D

backup :(

is this a once a week thing? was in the middle of buying and creating routes.

Its addictive!!! Just bought my first 3 planes!! Onwards and upwards

R3d Airlines

Ill invest in you once airline manager is back on line.

Griffair has a limited number of stocks at $9.20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

backup :(

is this a once a week thing? was in the middle of buying and creating routes.
    daily
    around this time each night, since the app creators seem to be in Denmark, I guess they've it set to backup at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Does anyone know if you lose achievments for a/c if you sell them? I started by saving for the airbus A380-800 but now that I'm only 15million, I've decided to save for Concorde. Sell the Concorde after one flight then buy the airbus A38-800 sell that. Then spend 400 million on the Boeing 787. Which should see my stock price sky rocket.

My plan is to have a full compliment of 787's till I hit the 400 mark then I'll switch over to the airbus A380-800. I know this is wishful thinking but who knows.

adverts back to 5k.

• Advertisement

Buy a concord and sell it straight away you will still get the achievement. It only makes approx 400.000 per flight , and the fuel it consumes is well.... loadddsss.

Advertisement