Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Living Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rantie

pjc9351 wrote: »
    O boy am I so glad for Boards.

I received that post card this morning and I must admit I was curious but decided to google them......and got the boards pieces which I am so glad for.
    I took the advice and binned the card.....so many many thanks to all my boards friends.....lets keep up the great work on this forum

PJC
    Just got a card this pm. Googled Classic Living, arrived here. I too am really grateful for Boards.ie!
    Card now in shredder. Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 giveamanakeith

That's what happened to me too, however they have tried to take €39.95 off my credit card every two weeks for the last two months. Luckily, I hadn't topped up my card and they couldn't get it. I have contacted Classic Living but not Zestify my transaction with them was fine.

Classic Living looks like a giant SCAM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chasmichaels

classic living ireand claim to be a directry of discounts which you have to pay a monthly fee for. its total crap & a rip off as there are hardly any stores listed in the brocure. when i asked where they got my details they said i had purchased something online like a cd or dvd or something. so be careful with your credit card details. they said someone would have called me after the purchase & offered me the free trial but no one did. so they just passed my details over to this classic living crowd without me knowing. i then had a look at my statements & there where charges for the last 2 years that i wasnt aware of. but the girl in clasic living never mentioned them. she only mentioned the most recent payment & offered a refund. so when i noticed the other payments i called & will be refunded those too. sneaky pigs

I bought a steam cleaner from thane direct. When I completed my purchase they said they would send me a book of discount vouchers, I said grand. I then noticed that on my credit card statement there was an amount taken by classic living, I contacted them and they said it was authorized by thane direct. I did not auothorize any payment from my credit card,. They agreed to refund the money when I called them. This is a scam, if you agree to take the book of vouchers they take money monthly from your credit card. I am shocked and want to warn other perople who buy from Thane Direct that this can happen them.
    Yvonne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 racingwill

I have experience where Classic Living deducted €39.95 from my account without any authorisation for "annual membership". It turns out that zestify.tv passed on my details to this company following a purchase I had made on their website.

WARNING: Do not have any dealings with Zestify.tv or Classic Living.

Should you find yourself in the same situation, contact Classic Living (1800 303381) and demand that your membership be cancelled and your money refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

racingwill wrote: »
    I have experience where Classic Living deducted €39.95 from my account without any authorisation for "annual membership". It turns out that zestify.tv passed on my details to this company following a purchase I had made on their website.

WARNING: Do not have any dealings with Zestify.tv or Classic Living.

Should you find yourself in the same situation, contact Classic Living (1800 303381) and demand that your membership be cancelled and your money refunded.

That's exactly what happened me as mentioned in a previous post on this thread. The bit that catches you out is that you don't realise on the follow up phone call from another company that they have all your credit card details and can use them if you agree to anything. I got the follow up call and agreed for them to send me on stuff as I didn't think I was under any obligation because I felt in control. I got the stuff in the post and put it in the recycle after a quick scan. It was only when I noticed on my Visa account a debit for Classic Living I began to question things. I got my money back ok after a few emails and phone calls but it was a bit of unwanted hassle.
    Maybe they are operating legally on the edge as the two companies might be under the same umbrella but their methods of screwing their customers are very devious and cunning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is illegal. I explained why 2 years ago so read up the thread willye. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

My missus had the same issue yesterday. When we ring that number the guy says he cant find our details and needs the long number of the credit card. It seems so suspect, whats equally as infuritating is the banks refusal to help in any way we have rang them twice and they wont cancel the transaction. Any help much appreciated

Advertisement