Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi RS4 in Merlin Auctions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Was half expecting a TDI :D
    That is awesome looking machine. I wonder what kinda money it will go for

Is that for tomorrows auction?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Has to be kms. Its a 2006 unless its a UK import.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

My wheels says its an irish car

Written Off [?] No
    Scrapped [?] No
    Previously Taxi [?] No
    Previously Hackney [?] No
    Imported [?] No
    Number of Owners: 3
    Changed Engine # [?] No
    Changed Colour No
    Tax Expiry Date: Aug 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

kceire wrote: »
    some car, is it possible the mileage is in KM's?

Possible I suppose, Audi's will display either.

I wouldn't care, you'd keep that car forever if I could afford the tax and 20mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

17k should buy it, very limited appeal from a retail point of view in these hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

junkyard wrote: »
    17k should buy it, very limited appeal from a retail point of view in these hard times.
    I havent followed up on Merlin stuff in a while now, but when I did, nice stuff always seemed to go for way more than I thought it should. Some part time dealer with some cash might buy it with the view to flogging it whenever in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,302 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I cannot see 17k buying that. Last time I went there, anything decent went within a few hundred of retail price when all fees etc were taken into account. Ive never seen cars go so much money at auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,091 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I can't see it going for 17k either. I reckon it's original Irish. If you look at the last legible figure on the bottom right of the speedo, it looks like 260. The first character is deffo a 2 :D

So we're talking 56k miles. That's nothing on a V8 even a highish revving one. I'd bring in an indy to look at it, but anything the good side of 20k would be a bargain imho. *ringing bankmanager*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,302 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They are over £20k in uk are they not?
    I dont know how many bids it will get but its not going to sell for silly money imo.
    I dont think it will sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭MarkN

That car was for sale in Fosters forever and a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Well all I can say is if Thursday nights Kylemore prices are anything to go by then even with this mileage it'll bust full retail. The loonies were out in full force :(

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

That RS4 has been going through the auction for several weeks now. Was for sale on 14th October if not before. Can't remember exactly what it was being bid to but well in to the 20's at least.

Odomoter is in kms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Different times now though folks, i'll stick with my price. There might be 10 people in Ireland that would buy that car, correction 10 people who would have the money to buy it and are looking for a car like this. It might be worth 30k but it won't make that price and certainly not at auction. There's a lot of bluffing going on in that auction, cars apparently sell one week and appear for sale again next week. There seem to be a golden circle up there too who get the cars they want at the price they want and the ordinary punter gets led a merry dance when he's trying buy anything there. I've seen it with my own eyes, I'd only go there the odd time now just to have a look around, wouldn't even bother trying to buy there to make money unless it's a re-po with manufactures warranty still left, anything else is sh!te or overpriced.

junkyard wrote: »
    Different times now though folks, i'll stick with my price.

Different times indeed. Car "reckoned to be worth 30k" and lets say the seller is desperate to get some money. And lets say there is only one person putting in an offer. Chances are the seller is going to accept that low-low offer.

Selling some IT stuff for a family member atm. It's all only 1 year old but I'm only getting about a third / a quarter fo what it cost new.

Great news for all the buyers out there though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I think the biggest problem with auctions in Ireland is that the plebs putting the cars in haven't fully grasped the idea of the auction.

Been to a few and saw some right fcukheads selling piles of dirt and rejecting the highest bid saying it didn't meet the reserve.

When they finally realise that an auction of non rare cars take place, you should not expect anything near book value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Even at junkyards valuation plus some. Allow a few k for a proper suspension rebuild and she'll be good as new. Mileage wouldn't bother me on that...nice of them to run it in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

EPM wrote: »
    Even at junkyards valuation plus some. Allow a few k for a proper suspension rebuild and she'll be good as new. Mileage wouldn't bother me on that...nice of them to run it in:D

Whats wrong with the suspension on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Well if it is 90k miles there'll probably be a few things worn needing replacing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

Matt Simis wrote: »

Aren't the B7 RS4s known for suspension and DRC issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

EPM wrote: »
    Well if it is 90k miles there'll probably be a few things worn needing replacing
    Its KM not miles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Its an Audi with sports suspension ... on Irish roads. Enough said? :pac:

Its KM not miles

source?

source?
    Well unless its a Uk import then its Km's
    Saw a 06 RS6 there a while back and the speedo was only in KM's

Well unless its a Uk import then its Km's
    Saw a 06 RS6 there a while back and the speedo was only in KM's

im not doubting you man, i was the first to post that i thought it was kms too.
    i just want confirmation as i may *cough* *cough* be interested in this!

im not doubting you man, i was the first to post that i thought it was kms too.
    i just want confirmation as i may *cough* *cough* be interested in this!
    Well i don't have proof so you were right to query!
    But my guess is its KM's, its only just over 3 years old, you would want some money in your pocket to be doing 30k miles a year in that!!:)

*edit* here's a similar one on carzone for 45k!! same year, 70k Km http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/RS4/420-BHP/200942195540499/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Sold provisionally for €28,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Casati

Sold Provisionally @ €28k plus fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

So in other words, it will be going through again on Wednesday.

I guarantee you that if you go down next week, it will be the same people "bidding" on it.

A car like that wont sell from Merlin.

• Advertisement

How come, DB? Surely the owner is gonna pocket the 28k and run?

Advertisement