Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tommy bowe to munster

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

toomevara wrote: »
    Lets put the handbags away please.

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

chupacabra wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Danny made the move up to a full contract to be honest. He will never be Heineken cup standard and might struggle a bit at ML standard even. Unless he seriously bulks up a bit and grows an extra few inches

Never heard of this guy. But why is nobody mentioning Felix Jones as a replacement for Howlett if he leaves? Great player with plenty of pace. Normally a full back but could make a great winger as well.
    What do we need Bowe for , we'll surely try and pinch Fionn Carr from Connacht now that he's proved himself.

That would seem like a very sensible option, for both Munster and Carr's own development...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭little173

If the irfu are not going to give Connacht some money for a push up the ML, I think Carr would be a good fit for Munster. it will also show there is a natural progression from Connacht to the bigger teams, same can be said of Keatley going to Connacht in the next year or so.

I also agree IRFU not going to want public squabble over Bowe, I would imagine he will go back to Ulster or stay with Ospreys for better money. The "eager to go home" line could be agent speak for can I have a better contract please.!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

bmm wrote: »
    Do the Munster management need another player who will be away on international duty at crucial times during the season. I'd be looking for another kiwi or bok who'd be available for selection all year round.

That is a worrying attitude. The Munster 1st choice backline currently has Mafi, JDV, Warwick & Howlett. 4/5 non Irish players. Surely you don't want more?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Get Nagusa out and get Bowe back.

Simple really.

My dream would be to have a Mafi-Bowe centre partnership though.

The explosive Mafi with the pacey, graceful Bowe would be perfection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement