Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to those who came along last night.
    Fun was had.
    Now we know why japanese mo-cap is so poorly thought of world wide, unless running like Tom Cruise with blocks of butter on the soles of his feet is the look you are aiming for!

To those who didn't turn up, expect warnings in your PM folders!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to those who came along last night.
    Fun was had.
    Now we know why japanese mo-cap is so poorly thought of world wide, unless running like Tom Cruise with blocks of butter on the soles of his feet is the look you are aiming for!
    literally PMSL at the Tom Cruise and
    we discovered that I've OCD about knocking beverage containers as well.
    I wish CiderOAP was 40 everyday ( -o-)=3

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Happy Birthday Ciderman, Hope ye had a blast of a nite :)
    Have fun with that iCade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Happy old man Birthday Cidona, hope you had a blast. I didn't as I had man flu:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wussy!
    Walk it off lady man!

• Advertisement

Ahhh!
    Can't find my 3DS anywhere after last Friday!
    I must have put it somewhere safe!
    Bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Ahhh!
    Can't find my 3DS anywhere after last Friday!
    I must have put it somewhere safe!
    Bugger!

Last I saw of it was in the room at the foot of the spiral staircase.

I never got Street Pass hit off you though!

Found it!
    It was stashed away by the wife... phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Found it!
    It was stashed away by the wife... phew!

Given the icade saga, are you sure it's 'safe' to leave electronic devices near her?

No, not at all.
    I live in constant fear that she will "snap" one day and give away all my stuff, for free, to you guys...
    I know I can count on you lot to be vigilant and let me know if such a terrible crime is attempted......

Ah, who am I kidding.
    The first time you lot tell me is when I check out the "Post here every time you get something new" section!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think you should introduce your wife to me just in case of such instances!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bagsy the Vectrex.

I think you should introduce your wife to me just in case of such instances!
    if you went last week you would have met her :p I'm gonna get everything because (I'm the best > toad_from_mario-303.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    if you went last week you would have met her :p I'm gonna get everything because (I'm the best > toad_from_mario-303.gif

She probably would give it to you. Girls seem to all gang up together and talk about men :(

*insert simpsons clip here which shows afternoon yak and the host saying "men" and the female audience going "booooooo"*

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I bagsy the Vectrex.

I bagsy the phrenology head!

She probably would give it to you. Girls seem to all gang up together and talk about men frown.gif

*insert simpsons clip here which shows afternoon yak and the host saying "men" and the female audience going "booooooo"*
    yeah on this occasion it's good
    DinoRex wrote: »
    I bagsy the phrenology head!
    you only want to hide the fact that you've the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter! you can't hide that under hats forever

I rub my "parts" on some random consoles, you'll never know if the one you get hasn't got.... well "tainted"...

I'm saying no more!

(well, I'd be wary of sticking my face into the VB visor, just thought I'd mention it :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You can't help but wonder about that when buying so many second hand items.

Especially when you pick up a console bundle which includes Tomb Raider. :(

Do any of you guys give second hand items a good wipe down first? I should probably start doing that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    You can't help but wonder about that when buying so many second hand items.

Especially when you pick up a console bundle which includes Tomb Raider. :(

Do any of you guys give second hand items a good wipe down first? I should probably start doing that myself.

I always give any second hand stuff a really good clean.
    Especially if it comes from The RAGE. They really have some disgustingly filthy dirty games, and I don't mean the type Retr0's into.

If I had a store like they do I'd clean everything up really nice before putting it out for sale. It doesn't take very long to give a cart or box a wipe down and it looks a hundred times better when out on display.

It's anything with a rumble pack that you have to be really weary of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    It's anything with a rumble pack that you have to be really weary of.

Have you ever come across the ps1 wrist rumbler?

'Apparantly' it was for people who didn't have a rumble pad to mimic the same effect with a standard one.

You put a velcro strap around your wrist with this big vibrating thing on it.

Here it is -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATION-1-PS1-WRIST-RUMBLER-PACK-MadCatz-Boxed-/370294654853?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item5637480785

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you ever come across the ps1 wrist rumbler?

'Apparantly' it was for people who didn't have a rumble pad to mimic the same effect with a standard one.

You put a velcro strap around your wrist with this big vibrating thing on it.

Here it is -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATION-1-PS1-WRIST-RUMBLER-PACK-MadCatz-Boxed-/370294654853?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item5637480785

I remember I had a PS1 magazine who reviewed it. They said it was perfect if you wanted to strap it onto your privates and drive around in circles on the grass in TOCA all night long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never buy a TransVibrator unless it is shrinkwrapped and brand new.

I wonder if the VGA rate TransVibrators on the bang of fish off them?

They probably don't care, just seal them all up, noxious emissions and all, just waiting for some collector in 50 years time to open it up and BAM!

Okay... I can host again any time over the next 3 weekends.

When suits the most people?

I've done up a doodle:

http://www.doodle.com/nbuf5p9ba6k5dca8

Fiday the 8th is the only one I can do and even then I'm flying to New York the next day so it's more than likely a no :(

I think I'm free the weekend if the 8th. I'll double check in work when I'm off.

I've my birthday thing on this weekend so I'm staying home, wouldn't go to a beers without Retr0 :( so won't be free again until he's back

Any updates on this?
    8th isn't on for me I'm afraid, have a thingy on that night

• Advertisement

I have a free gaff from the 10th to the 20th this month so depending on work possible beers?

Advertisement