Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bands deserve their own game?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

With both Guitar Hero and Rock Band devoting games to bands such as Metallica, Van Halen, Aerosmith and The Beatles, which bands' game would you buy?

Personally, i would love to see a Guitar Hero/Rock Band: Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Not too many others as im not a big rocker, but RHCP have numerous songs that would be exellent to play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Muse. They have some great guitar heavy songs.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tons of RHCP DLC on Rock Band already- Blood Sugar Sex Magic (album), Hey Oh, Dani California, Tell me Baby. Don't think we need any more. Then again, I want RB: Rush so... :D

Muse would be another major meh from me. It'd make for some some great charts, it's just not my cup of tea, particularly that new turd of an album.

Personally I'd like to see Harmonix (RB) step away from making band games, especially ones that are locked to discs and just keep on releasing via DLC. That's the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Leave the franchise whoring to that other crowd, Guitar hero, was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

RUSH.

Imagine it Cedomination... Imagine it well

Now there's a song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd like to see a proper AC/DC one maybe.

The big one I predict we WILL see in the next 12-18 month is a Led Zeppelin - Rock band. It would work just as well as the Beatles i think.

I'd +1 an RHCP game , but I hated everything they did after One hot minute.
    Have a few tracks from the blood sugar album on dlc - power of equality is one of the more unique charts i've seen on guitar.

Again hate the new stuff but, a greenday game might be fun.

Not that I like to see it , but I'd put money on a guitar hero
    woodstock
    It's exactly the kind of thing they would do and I bet they would got the route of mixing the original with the one from 1994 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

In Flames or could do a cross over with dj hero and have Slipknot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I did a bit of research and it is being heavily rumoured that Rock Band: The Who is going to be the next one.

Oh? Can you post a link please? :) There's already that massive who pack, it'd be a fantastic one though. Still think HMX should lay off the RB: (BAND) titles and stick with DLC/ RB3. Is that just me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Seriously? Do the who have enough material for a full game? I like them as much as the next guy but would have no interest in playing a full game of their stuff. This has the wiff of guitar hero about it not a rock band title, my money is on it actually being GH:The Who with 20 songs and another 20 by modern artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Rory Gallagher. A dozen people would buy it (most of them from the general Donegal area) but Lord almighty that would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Led Zep would be fantastic. And it's best if GH don't get their hands on it or you'll have to buy a WiiBow to play the middle of Whole Lot Of Love...

Personally I'd like to see Pearl Jam since they have more than enough back catalogue and crossovers to fill the roster. Or maybe a Seattle scene game where you start out as Green River and then branch off into Motherlovebone, Mudhoney, Soundgarden etc. etc. with occasional flashbacks to Queensryche and Hendrix, covering a few solo, side and superband projects towards the end and then when you five star all tracks on Vocals you get abducted by Timbaland and your soul is ripped out of you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Metallica or System Of a Down...

I would actually go and buy a 360 again for that!

Banjo wrote: »
    Personally I'd like to see Pearl Jam

This one was touted for next year in a few places, how true the rumours were I dont know but probably as likely as some of the others. Be a good one for sure, but the full 10 and backspacer albums are out for rock band already.

Give me Vs or Yeild and ill be a happy camper.

Did some digging , and stumbled across this.

Look's like Banjo is getting his wish Clicky Clicky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

crass..nuff said

Yeah, I really dislike Pearl Jam, this is the last thing I want to see. Ugh....

"OOOOOOh, IIIIIIIIIIIIII, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I'm still aaaaaaliiiive"

What a pity. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was beginning to doubt that the universe was created to serve me. I was a fool... Hurrah for me!
    Fingers crossed for the Las Vegas 2000 version of Crown of Thorns and Wembley 2007 Faithful...

Thinking about it, a Josh Homme : RockMand game would be pretty cool - Kyuss, Screaming Trees, QOTSA, Eagles of Death Metal, Them Crooked Vultures, some Desert Sessions stuff and a pre-order unlockable naked Nick Olivieri. Throw in some wiimote gestures for threatening and abusing audience members mid-set and you're all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Pink Floyd! Thatds be my life sorted :)

• Advertisement

Obviously I'd love it, but their stuff is often so orchestral that it wouldn't transfer over due to a lot of missing instruments in different. Definitely a viable DLC pack though, preferably a LARGE DLC pack! :D

David Gilmour! Greatest guitarist of all time! His solos are everywhere in Pink floyd, along with general riffs, or else just chords. I think it'd defintely work.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Guns N Roses...maybe not enough material though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

The Ramones

Jay P wrote: »
    David Gilmour! Greatest guitarist of all time! His solos are everywhere in Pink floyd, along with general riffs, or else just chords. I think it'd defintely work.
    Maybe you're right. To further quash your dreams though, I don't think Pink Floyd themselves would allow it, you know how stingy they are with the rights to their music. But I suppose if they can get The Beatles...
    Guns N Roses...maybe not enough material though :(
    Guns N'Roses would be a great one too, material wise, I think not many people know anything other than appetite for destruction/Greatest Hits so there might not be enough known material...
    The Ramones
    Let's hope not. It's just the same thing over and over and over and over and... :rolleyes:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Maybe you're right. To further quash your dreams though, I don't think Pink Floyd themselves would allow it, you know how stingy they are with the rights to their music. But I suppose if they can get The Beatles...

Oh yeah, I know I'll never see it. I can dream though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

The Clancy Brothers with a new banjo instrument.

On a serious note I'd be in the same frame of mind as the OP and love to see a RHCP release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

The Killers.

Source stuff from:
    *Hot Fuss
    *Sam's Town
    *Sawdust
    *Day & Age

that really would make my day... Probably not enough material though. Perhaps DLC???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

for me, protest the hero & avenged sevenfold.

pantera maybe as well

Advertisement