Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm 15 Stone- Wanna be 13 stone!!

Options
  • 27-10-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Ok.
    My usual weight was always around 14 stone (im 5ft 11in). I was always comfortable with 14 stone. But over the last 12 months I've lashed on a stone (Taxi Driver). I'm 35 years of age, so panic has made me take action.

I recently rejoined the gym, and I want to loose the weight and get to a 13 stone target. I want to be able to stay motivated and stick to a plan.

I remember doing the atkins diet a few years back and the weight fell off me. It was the last time I was 13 stone. I know "that" diet is not widely recommended, but alot of diets now suggest to keep the carbs & refined carbs to a minimum, so I suppose it aint all that wrong.

Anyhow, I want to do lots of cardio, jogging, swimming and cross trainer etc. I just wanna know what supplements should I take. I used to the "Designer" Whey protein (Was delicious) that was only available in some health shops (Omni Santry being 1) but I cant find it anywhere anymore.

Should I use Whey Protein powder for cardio, or is it only advisable for body building?

What other suppliments are recommended in loosing weight doing Cardio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Ok.
    My usual weight was always around 14 stone (im 5ft 11in). I was always comfortable with 14 stone. But over the last 12 months I've lashed on a stone (Taxi Driver). I'm 35 years of age, so panic has made me take action.

I recently rejoined the gym, and I want to loose the weight and get to a 13 stone target. I want to be able to stay motivated and stick to a plan.

I remember doing the atkins diet a few years back and the weight fell off me. It was the last time I was 13 stone. I know "that" diet is not widely recommended, but alot of diets now suggest to keep the carbs & refined carbs to a minimum, so I suppose it aint all that wrong.

Anyhow, I want to do lots of cardio, jogging, swimming and cross trainer etc. I just wanna know what supplements should I take. I used to the "Designer" Whey protein (Was delicious) that was only available in some health shops (Omni Santry being 1) but I cant find it anywhere anymore.

Should I use Whey Protein powder for cardio, or is it only advisable for body building?

What other suppliments are recommended in loosing weight doing Cardio?

my advice would be:

do plenty cardio and lift heavy maybe * 2 per week. dont worry about good carbs like fruit, veg and wholegrains ... yes keep refined carbs to a minimum
    increase good fat intake (keeping in mind the calorie content) - nuts, seeds, fish, olive oil etc
    forget supplements, based on what you have said you dont need them, assuming diet is good ...

Advertisement