Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One drink helps some drivers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

I always drove better after six pints.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

I was just reading a book on driving in Europe last night. Can't remember specifically which country this was, but they have a two-tier system. You're not allowed any alcohol in your system, but there's different penalties for being over or under 80mg (or 50, not sure which).

If you're under the limit there's an on-the-spot fine, but if you're over then there's a ban and a prison term. This is one way to stop people driving home, because you'd be guaranteed at least a fine, but they could still take the chance driving in the morning if they want, knowing there's a good chance they wouldn't be branded a criminal for having a couple of pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

pburns wrote: »
    See it's comments like this (and the no. of thumbs-ups it gets) that leads me to think many people on here don't just have a problem with drink-driving - they have a chip on their shoulder about drinking FULL STOP...
    I don't have a chip on my shoulder about drinking - I average a bottle of wine a week, myself. It's just that I don't drink to get drunk; I drink because I enjoy the taste. Just because I don't get wasted, I'm suddendly thought of as being on a crudsade.

Also, your comment about Alcoholics Anonymous really just shows your own ignorance.

I'm not suggesting you give up drinking - I'm suggesting you drink as much as you like, but at least wait until it's out of your system before you start driving.

Advertisement