Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Arcade & Retro Collection...(56k Warning)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,692 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Next time my girlfriend brings up me having a lot of consoles, I must show her this thread. :)

I see you have your cps2 stuff phoenixed by Razoola. Did you buy them like that or did you send them off to him?

As for sending it off, how much of the CPS2 board does he actually need? (Seems a bit huge to post off the entire lot!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Next time my girlfriend brings up me having a lot of consoles, I must show her this thread. :)

I see you have your cps2 stuff phoenixed by Razoola. Did you buy them like that or did you send them off to him?

As for sending it off, how much of the CPS2 board does he actually need? (Seems a bit huge to post off the entire lot!)

I bought them original and had him Phoenix them for me. You have to remove the program roms (between 5/8 chips depending on the game), and thats all he needs. Well worth doing.

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Pfft......no ZX Spectrum.:pac:

Stop this place already has me thinking about Neo Geo's, I DONT need more temptation :p

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    I bought them original and had him Phoenix them for me. You have to remove the program roms (between 5/8 chips depending on the game), and thats all he needs. Well worth doing.

Nice one. I have an X-Men: Children of the Atom that hasn't had the battery changed yet. I have a battery for it but my soldering skills are still fairly basic. Nice to know I can get it fixed if the battery change goes tits up!

Edit - Actually speaking of Spectrums, I have an extra ZX Spectrum +2 if you're interested. Even have a box for it (Bit tatty though).

It powers up but I can't get any signal out of it. I only have one video cable for it though so it might just be that. If not, it'll just need a small mod done.

- Further edit - now that I think about it, there may be an issue with the tape deck not starting on it. Must have a dig through all that spectrum stuff again.

Nice one. I have an X-Men: Children of the Atom that hasn't had the battery changed yet. I have a battery for it but my soldering skills are still fairly basic. Nice to know I can get it fixed if the battery change goes tits up!

Edit - Actually speaking of Spectrums, I have an extra ZX Spectrum +2 if you're interested. Even have a box for it (Bit tatty though).

It powers up but I can't get any signal out of it. I only have one video cable for it though so it might just be that. If not, it'll just need a small mod done.

- Further edit - now that I think about it, there may be an issue with the tape deck not starting on it. Must have a dig through all that spectrum stuff again.

Yeah if you mess up the battery change, drop Raz an email. Its very easy to do though, Im sure you'll handle that one no prob. Or Ill do it for you if you want.

Let me know bout the speccy' - this damned place will have me bankrupt I swear to God :p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Cheers for the offer man :)

I think for my own sake I should probably try it myself...It's just the limited time you have to change it before the game completely dies that freaks me out.

Actually that reminds me, I also have to take the battery out of my MVS 6 slot before it corrodes the board.

Damn upkeep on arcade hardware is a pain in the arse!

I'll try to get the Speccys out sometime soon and see what's there. There's also a 16K/48K and Spectrum+ too. Not sure if I need them either. Loads of books too. And some add ons.

Originally was just looking for a +2 or +3 but then for some reason bid on a huge spectrum auction on ebay and won. Moment of madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

If there's any spectrum stuff going a-begging, let me know.

Question - what ever happened to the retr0-trading subforum idea ? Did that get shelved ?

Master of the Universe

Thread is still there and still open.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055656911&page=3

Maybe we should go over there and start using it as a trading thread...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Amazing thread. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the games room

Cheers for the offer man :)

I think for my own sake I should probably try it myself...It's just the limited time you have to change it before the game completely dies that freaks me out.

Actually that reminds me, I also have to take the battery out of my MVS 6 slot before it corrodes the board.

Damn upkeep on arcade hardware is a pain in the arse!

I'll try to get the Speccys out sometime soon and see what's there. There's also a 16K/48K and Spectrum+ too. Not sure if I need them either. Loads of books too. And some add ons.

Originally was just looking for a +2 or +3 but then for some reason bid on a huge spectrum auction on ebay and won. Moment of madness!

Keep me posted o1s1n - ps damn you! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Nerdgasm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

BOXES!!! Boxes make me happy :) Must buy empty boxes for my consoles sometime. Very nice collection there, thanks for the pics. You're like me, buy the hardware first and worry about the games later.

BOXES!!! Boxes make me happy :) Must buy empty boxes for my consoles sometime. Very nice collection there, thanks for the pics. You're like me, buy the hardware first and worry about the games later.

Its a sickness

Master of the Universe

I'm the oppsite, games are easier to hide.

Although they become a little harder to hide when you have hundreds of them. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

But you're not going anywhere with hundreds of games and no hardware

Master of the Universe

Ah no, it's not like I don't have hardware. Would say including handhelds & multiples I have close to 30 consoles. I don't collect them though. I collect the games. Consoles are just a means for me to play em!

Get em out o1s1n - never thought Id say somethin like that. In fact, everyone get em out! The digital cameras I mean, I wanna see what everyone has...crude inneundo.

I can take some pics now and I'll try upload them tomorrow in the library tomorrow if its open, as I'm still using the DSi as a computer after about 5 months with a broken laptop power supply

I can take some pics now and I'll try upload them tomorrow in the library tomorrow if its open, as I'm still using the DSi as a computer after about 5 months with a broken laptop power supply

Go for it Atavan - I was hoping this thread would be a catalyst for people to put their collections up. Prob a good time for the boards dev to upgrade their storage capacity :p

Master of the Universe

I put up some pics of my current setup a little while ago here. -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62505845&postcount=149

Just added a ps2 to the bottom of the desk to play Castlevania SOTN.

Everything else is stored away in the parents house...for when I get me own house! Arcade boards, all my disc based consoles, disc based games....What a gamesroom that will be :pac:

Here's a pic of my megadrive games from a few years ago when I had the space to put them on display. Put it up here before but sure might as well throw it up in this thread too!

P4120665.jpg

Found an old pic of my Nomad

PA1hfyh70352.jpg

Some old pics of the cab

P9010241.jpg

P9200273-1.jpg

Don't have my own pictures of the Speccy stuff, but pulled this picture from the auction -

BWVCigmkKGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBKGkDTBq.jpg

Also something else I have yet to photograph so you'll have to make do with the ebay auction pic. Jamma Megadrive. Plugs directly into a Jamma harness so you can play Megadrive games on a cabinet. The games look absolutely fantastic on an arcade monitor -

231e_1.jpg

Gameboys and DS consoles

4081359438a5270146397l.jpg

P6130861.jpg

One of these days I'll get around to documenting everything properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

That's very impressive o1s1n :D

Sweet pics o1s1n. Loving the MD display aand the Nomad tower. Oh how portable it is!

Just took some pics there now. Was going to take individual pics of everything but realised it took too much effort so only managed to do handhelds (minus the Game Gear and PSP) Megadrive and Snes. Will mosey to the library tomorrow and see if its open.

Damned sweet o1s1n - that mega drive is hardly propietary? Did you ever open it to reveal how the jamma goodness interfaces with the sega goodness?? :pac:

I am LOVIN' that games display man. The Nomad tower is brilliant man - pure genius :)

Master of the Universe

Have to say, was great having all those games there like that. Just browse through and pick one off the shelf.

Now they're all at the back of a wardrobe with a couple of boxes full of games in front of them. Would ideally love a wall in a room dedicated to games. Row after row of shelves. yummy.

The Jamma Megadrive came from ebay France. It's a home made mod but really looks the part. Sega did release an arcade board that more or less did the exact same thing. Think it takes it's own specific carts though.

I've been so tempted to connect a 32X up to it but really don't want to risk it!

Theres just something about that pic that make those Gameboys look lonely

Master of the Universe

Theres just something about that pic that make those Gameboys look lonely

LOL, I know what you mean. Maybe I should have switched them all on. Don't think I had the batteries at the time though!

Ah I know what it is, the pic is missing the rest of the Handheld gang. Should be a Nomad, game.com and a few LCD games. Think I have a pick of the whole lot about somewhere...

Yeah that would have helped I think. Or maybe display some games beside 'em

Master of the Universe

There you go ;) That yellow thing, the Invader 1000 is so much fun to play. It started ruining batteries a little while ago. (They'd begin to sizzle/leak) so I haven't used it since due to safety. Shame really.

Thats better! I was just about to ask what the f was the yellow yoke. By the sounds of it it doesn't seem the safest of handhelds. Does it have separate games or built in? What does it do?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It's a space invaders clone. The display on it works similarly to those old digital clocks. Really love the greens and red they use. It's just something you don't see at all anymore.

Video doesn't really it justice to be honest. Gives you an idea of what I'm on about though.

And yes, my one really isn't safe! The batteries were actually hissing at me.

Advertisement