Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people queue at the airport.

Options
  • 22-10-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I have been sitting waiting to board for the last half hour and people have been standing all that time.
    It's assigned seating anyway so why do they bother?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ask some geezer in the queue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Bicky wrote: »
    I have been sitting waiting to board for the last half hour and people have been standing all that time.

because they are conditioned to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fark you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Because they stewpids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

because the airlines have a stupid policy of "over booking flights" so you may well lose your seat

• Advertisement

Fark you. :D

Pipped twice!!!

because the airlines have a stupid policy of "over booking flights" so you may well lose your seat

You would find that out at check in man.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

it makes them feel important.

Also when youre going to be sitting for the next 8 hours, do you really want to be sitting for the next 8 hours and 30 minutes? Helllll no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

oh....its assigned seating......maybe theyre waiting for someone to kick off that dance in the queue in the full monty:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Airports suck OP , that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Maybe Ryanair has a hidden charge for sitting down at airports now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I stand because I like to make it to my seat as soon as possible so I can worry about what sort of loser is gonna sit next to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'll let you in on a little secret that will explain this and many other connundrums of modern existence.

Are you ready for it?

Here it is.
    PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,042 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

they think if they get on first they won't be waiting on the plane while people ahead get seated and put stuff in the overhead lockers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

Because after sitting down for 90 minutes its nice to actually stand for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its the overhead lockers i'd say, getting the use of one directly above your seat can save you 15 minutes getting off the plane at the other end.

if you only get the use of one 5 seats behind you and you have to wait for everyone behind you to get off the plane before you can.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

just one of those things OP. Just sit back on your metal DAA chair, relax and laugh as all those suckers stand in line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I like to fly on real airlines like Aer Lingus where I get reserved seating and enough checked luggage allowance so I don't have to cram everything into the overhead bin, I also get to choose my seat near a window or wherever.

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I like to fly on real airlines like Aer Lingus where I get reserved seating and enough checked luggage allowance so I don't have to cram everything into the overhead bin, I also get to choose my seat near a window or wherever.

That's cute. But also irrelevant to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Its free bj's and cake for the first ten passangers.

The wimmin get to sit on the pilots lap and jump up and down..... cake later.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

To have more time to browse the shops and have drink in the departures lounge I'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I queue, therefore I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Always wrecked my head when I'd see people line up like that on assigned seated flights, I always wait till the end and I never have any problems with overhead space.
    What annoys me more though is when the plane lands and comes to a stop, the second the seatbelt sign goes off everyone jumps to their feet like it's mandatory! Whatever about stretching your legs but when the people at the window get up, they look like idiots cause they're still stuck in their seat and they have to crouch down under the baggage holder, looks very uncomfortable but hey, as someone said before...they're idiots!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Always wrecked my head when I'd see people line up like that on assigned seated flights, I always wait till the end and I never have any problems with overhead space.
    What annoys me more though is when the plane lands and comes to a stop, the second the seatbelt sign goes off everyone jumps to their feet like it's mandatory! Whatever about stretching your legs but when the people at the window get up, they look like idiots cause they're still stuck in their seat and they have to crouch down under the baggage holder, looks very uncomfortable but hey, as someone said before...they're idiots!!!

These are my thoughts exactly. I rarely queue as don't see a point...wait...there is no point. Stoopid peoples.

I also hate this lame clapping nonsense people have started doing on Irish flights when the plane lands...I can appreciate in some countries clapping was something because they were genuinely relieve the plane landed safely, but a flight to Luton??? Hen and stag parties seem especially partial to clapping on landing.

I'd love if people came into my office and applauded me for my job, I work hard enough!!

*Actually no, it's be kinda lame, but still..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Bicky wrote: »

Because a) they're stupid and b) they like queuing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm terrified of flying. If I was to sit after the concoction of things I have to take to get me on a plane, I wouldn't be getting up for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'm terrified of flying. If I was to sit after the concoction of things I have to take to get me on a plane, I wouldn't be getting up for a while.

Will standing up change its direction

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

orourkeda wrote: »
    Will standing up change its direction
    well I can't sleep standing up..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

I can understand it if its a non-assigned flight and a group are travelling and want to sit together but for the typical traveller flying on their own i just don't get it. On Ryanair flights I'm often one of the last people to board and I don't think i've ever sat further back than the third open row. It means I can get off quickly and be first to passport control and not have to wait for johnny awkward to get his bag from the overhead bin.

Its incredibly dim to be flying on your own and sit in the middle of the plane, unless of course you like waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Out of here they can not wait to get,you will find on way back they sit down :D

Advertisement