Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 - Good Players to Buy in Manager Mode

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Zoysa

Lcfcpowers wrote: »
    In manager mode im with man city, my team is:

Gk- Given
    rb- Dani Alves
    cb- Caragher
    cb- Lescott
    lb- A. Cole
    Cdm-Barry
    Cm- Fabregas
    LAM- Ribery
    RAM- De Castros (a scouted player peaks at 87, but cant seem to score)
    lf- David villa
    rf- Adeboyal

But i want to sign a different RAM and a new CB to replace caragher when he retires and have no idea who,my negotiation is 10/10 so any tips :confused:
    i have £35 million to spend and wages of £312,000!!! cheers :cool:

if you want to spend a lot then definitely pique or skrtel, if u want to spend mid range kyrgiakos is very underrated, he is as good at winning the ball as pique (possible better) but not as fast. still a great player, and a real surprise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thatbrownguy

I'm playing with Stoke, just bought the CM Michael Bradley. Great buy, great at shooting, reminds me of a younger and cheaper Paul Scholes. Him along with Moussa Sissoko - another cheap good buy in the centre of my midfield has really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Renzo

Can anyone please help? Are you able to bring players up from the youth academy? If so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Renzo wrote: »
    Can anyone please help? Are you able to bring players up from the youth academy? If so how?

Yeah, well I get 2 or 3 young players every year into my team but it just happens automatically. I don't think you can actually bring them through yerself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jay jayy

banega from valencia is quality :D

• Advertisement

I've just signed Leo Messi!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I don't rate messi in this game at all. The strongest players are best, Carew is a tank.

At Tottenham i have virtually a whole new squad. I only have 2 players that were at the club when i arrived, the rest are all signings. The 2 that are still at the club are, Gomes and Ledley King who is retiring at the end of his contract. Also, did anyone buy players that were good at the world cup?

Ozil is quality.

I've now left Tottenhem and signed for Marsellie in France. Doing well so far, I'm top of the league. I've signed Stanislav Sestak, Marko Marin and Ninis (Greek winger).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thatbrownguy

I've now left Tottenhem and signed for Marsellie in France. Doing well so far, I'm top of the league. I've signed Stanislav Sestak, Marko Marin and Ninis (Greek winger).

Ninis is a good player, but his stamina is horrible. He plays one game, then I have to rest him for the next.

Also signed John Arne Riise and Grosso. All going well :)

I just gotta say Heskey is a tank in this game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zoysa wrote: »
    if you want to spend a lot then definitely pique or skrtel, if u want to spend mid range kyrgiakos is very underrated, he is as good at winning the ball as pique (possible better) but not as fast. still a great player, and a real surprise!

Per Mertesacker of werder bremen is a great CB,has a great physical presence about him

Jimmy Bullard. Great CM for a great price, reasonable wages, great freekicks and long shot.
    Plus he is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Jose Baxter from Evertone is an absolute animal in front of goal after about three-four seasons, just loan him out until then. Also Victor Moses from Wigan and a free-agent guy called Musstachio that you can find if you look. Rafael & Fabio da Silva are also excellent after three-four seasons. lastly, although his stats in the game are poor enough, Jonjo Shevley always scores for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Arciphel wrote: »
    Jose Baxter from Evertone is an absolute animal in front of goal after about three-four seasons, just loan him out until then. Also Victor Moses from Wigan and a free-agent guy called Musstachio that you can find if you look. Rafael & Fabio da Silva are also excellent after three-four seasons. lastly, although his stats in the game are poor enough, Jonjo Shevley always scores for me.

Agree on the Fabio thing. Jusr signed him there for Ajax.

Neymar, 17 yo Brazillian. Buy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Morphie

I started off with Northampton and never did sign for another club.

I only bought unknown players, at least unknown to me.

I ended up with a full team all over 90. Top player was 97, two strikers and the keeper were 96.. rest were in between 95-91.

Needless to say, my team didn't lose.

I used to search (as I progressed up through the leagues) for the right amount of overall attributes for the league I was in, and would start off looking for 16-19 year olds. See what I could get from there, I wouldn't go for people too old, because I wanted to bring them all on myself, as I did end up with players reaching 96-97 in the end.

I never bought a player from another premiership side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JayHendo

A mate and I started a co-op season on West Ham. We finished the 15 seasons, right through to the end, played it on legendary. We ended up winning 6 league titles, including one in our first season, 3 European cups and some domestic cups. Anyway, it took a few months to complete, and I have learnt a lot of things:

Daniel Ayala is the best centre back in the game.
    John Fleck and Lucas are two of the best midfielders.
    Kenny Miller and Lauri Dalle Valle are two of the best strikers.

Our system was simple: 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2

If our best team in the seasons could be fielded, it would be this:

Green (GK)

Santon (RB) Skrtel (RCB) Ayala (LCB) (C) Smith (LB)

Fleck (CDM)

Deaves (RM) (Virtual pro) Giovinco (LM)

Lucas Leiva (CAM)

Miller (ST) Jeffren (ST)

Subs:
    Stech (GK)
    Ferrari (RB)
    Wilson (CB)
    Di Maria (LM)
    Acosta (RM)
    Lafferty (ST)
    Bojan (ST)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spike77

I have a manager mode with Liverpool and i have sold a few players but then have brought Di Natale from Udinese,Chamakh from Bordeaux,Paul Scholes from Man U,Nani from Man U,Stephen Ireland from Man City,James Milner from Aston Villa and Holger Badstuber from Bayern Munich and im hoping to buy Eljero Elia from Hamburg because he's a brilliant player to have on the wing he's very quick and skillful so worth buying him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I have an entire team made up of scouted players - all my defenders are 87+ , midfield all 85+ and my strikers are 84+

I never bothered with buying players because their just way too expensive and instead focused on maxing out my coaching stats and my players have all improved immensely as a result... My scouting coach constantly returns guys all pretty much over 75 and they have huge resale value... Have around 70 million now and even have a lvl 10 stadium manager... not bad considering I'm playing with 1860 Munich for a challenge... started off as a middle of the line second division German team and now I'm constantly challenging for European titles and the German titles...

Really wish I could bring my team online though - it'd be nice to see my team online because I've spent so long building them up to where they are today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 foxyfoxyfoxy

JayHendo wrote: »
    A mate and I started a co-op season on West Ham. We finished the 15 seasons, right through to the end, played it on legendary. We ended up winning 6 league titles, including one in our first season, 3 European cups and some domestic cups. Anyway, it took a few months to complete, and I have learnt a lot of things:

Daniel Ayala is the best centre back in the game.
    John Fleck and Lucas are two of the best midfielders.
    Kenny Miller and Lauri Dalle Valle are two of the best strikers.

Our system was simple: 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2

If our best team in the seasons could be fielded, it would be this:

Green (GK)

Santon (RB) Skrtel (RCB) Ayala (LCB) (C) Smith (LB)

Fleck (CDM)

Deaves (RM) (Virtual pro) Giovinco (LM)

Lucas Leiva (CAM)

Miller (ST) Jeffren (ST)

Subs:
    Stech (GK)
    Ferrari (RB)
    Wilson (CB)
    Di Maria (LM)
    Acosta (RM)
    Lafferty (ST)
    Bojan (ST)

Hey, please can you help me picking some players, ive had trouble finding some decent players and have only found 4 that i would buy every time
    those 4 are
    Lb - Roberto Carlos because he is like a fly and doesn't leave them alone constantly causing trouble with the attacker and always covering
    Rb - Santon - very good at covering and amazing at going forward
    Cb - Onyewu - extremely strong defender, wont loose a tackle on the ground or in the air, only way people have beat him so far is running past him cos of his size he is a bit slow.
    Rm - driver - very quick speedy winger that is always counter attacking.

those are the only 4 people that i like and think are decent, i was looking at the Ayala Cb you said that was good and can only find the 36 year old Argentinian Ayala, is that the one you are on about or is their a different one? please help because i would like a good team that i don't have to rely on my goal keeper to keep a clean sheet with.
    if their is any players you recommend as well please let me know
    Also how are you Using Ayala? what type of defending do you use cause i find people saying all these players are amazing yet when i use them they turn out crap cos of my style of play, do you cover tackle, fly into them and nock them off ect,? my type of tackling is letting them run at you and slowly run backwards then as they get close enough put a foot through it? how do you use him?

reply ASAP please mate xx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fumancu

jay simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Zoysa

Per Mertesacker of werder bremen is a great CB,has a great physical presence about him

cheers mate, i need a new CB :P Carragher is disappointing me

how is mertesacker's speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bale11

Garth Bale is a force to be recound wit you can play him anywhereon the left side:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FifaMan

I am doing A season with Everton at the mo and I have discovered some good oung players while trying some kids out in cups... Akpan (Central Midfield, strong, energetic,good vision, good shooter), Wallace ( CAM, great passer, very fast, Skilful, Good crosser, Great in the air), Jose Baxter( Quality finisher, good in the air, good reactions, good passer, he is at his strongest as a CF ) also Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton ( RW, Fast, Good Crosser, Great Finisher, Very energetic, dirt cheap but poor stamina) hope it helps :):D

I think it might be Daniel Ayala from Liverpool When Ive done seasons with them he has been my stand-out centre-back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lorenzo.

Edin Hazard (RW-RM-LW-LM) from OSC LILLE is amaizing( he is fast, confident, involved, finisher and 19 Yrs old!!!)

:):):)

• Advertisement

Wait a couple of seasons and if your team is good at bringing players up from academies you should get them asking you if you wanna bring up players there from time-to-time

Advertisement