Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation, os gaeilge!

Options
  • 19-10-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Can anyone translate for me, When the nights are cold and you light a warm fire, light some scented candles and cuddle down on the sofa, the only thing missing is you...please and thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Ceilteach

As I always say, you can’t translate directly from any language but here’s what I have. I think you may have made a small error in the first line.

Nuair a théann na hoícheanta i bhfuire agus nuair a lastar an tine. Nuair a lasaim na coinnle cumhra agus nuair a shocráim síos ar an tolg, ‘sé an t-aon rud in easnamh ná tusa….

(when the nights get colder and the fire is lit. When I light the scented candles and settle down on the sofa. The only thing missing is you…………

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Ceilteach wrote: »
    As I always say, you can’t translate directly from any language but here’s what I have. I think you may have made a small error in the first line.

Nuair a théann na hoícheanta i bhfuire agus nuair a lastar an tine. Nuair a lasaim na coinnle cumhra agus nuair a shocráim síos ar an tolg, ‘sé an t-aon rud in easnamh ná tusa….

(when the nights get colder and the fire is lit. When I light the scented candles and settle down on the sofa. The only thing missing is you…………

Your a dote for helping me out with this! Thank you so much.
    Any chance you feel like helping me with this? ...but i look forward to our night's together, our Sunday morning brunch in bed and to the kisses that follow..! Schmaltzy i know, but hey he's worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Ceilteach

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Your a dote for helping me out with this! Thank you so much.
    Any chance you feel like helping me with this? ...but i look forward to our night's together, our Sunday morning brunch in bed and to the kisses that follow..! Schmaltzy i know, but hey he's worth it!

Ach bím ag tnúth lenár n-oícheanta le chéile, lenár mbricfeásta déanach mhaidin Domhnaigh sa leaba agus leis na póga a leanann.

There's a word for brunch (bróinse) but i think it's a bit madey-uppy. lucky boy! Fair play to ya

Advertisement