Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exception from Irish

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

If you still have problems getting the exemption your options in relation to the exam are:

1) Dont turn up
    2) Go through the motions of turning up accepting the paper and book fill out your exam number in the box leave the rest of the exam book blank. Wait (IIRC) 30 minutes hand in your booklet and leave.
    3) Go through the motions of turning up accepting the paper and book fill out your exam number in the box leave the rest of the exam book blank other than the lyrics of the song "I cant get no satisfaction". Wait (IIRC) 30 minutes hand in your booklet and leave.
    4) Attempt to do the foundation level paper (regardless of how hopeless/pointless this may appear).

Dunno what difference options 1 and 2 will make to what appears on your certificate. Perhaps someone else who actually knows what theyre talking about (as opposed to the 97% of the people who spout advice -usually unsolicited regarding exams) can clarify
    What university do you want to go to?
    Why do you assume the OP either wishes to or should go to university at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    If you still have problems getting the exemption your options in relation to the exam are:

1) Dont turn up
    2) Go through the motions of turning up accepting the paper and book fill out your exam number in the box leave the rest of the exam book blank. Wait (IIRC) 30 minutes hand in your booklet and leave.
    3) Go through the motions of turning up accepting the paper and book fill out your exam number in the box leave the rest of the exam book blank other than the lyrics of the song "I cant get no satisfaction". Wait (IIRC) 30 minutes hand in your booklet and leave.
    4) Attempt to do the foundation level paper (regardless of how hopeless/pointless this may appear).

Dunno what difference options 1 and 2 will make to what appears on your certificate. Perhaps someone else who actually knows what theyre talking about (as opposed to the 97% of the people who spout advice -usually unsolicited regarding exams) can clarify

Someone who would rather study for other subjects than continue to waste 5 classes a week sounds like someone with an aim, if he didn't want to go to university he wouldn't be bothered to study to get good points (And no people don't just study for the LC to be proud of themselves :rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mike 1972 wrote: »

1) Dont turn up

1) will result in no mention of Irish on the results sheet.
    2), 3) and 4) will all give a grade for Irish, even if it is NG.

As I said before (in post#2 of this now 3 page thread), the OP is not exempt from attending the classes, but can always take the option of not sitting any part of the exam if he/she would like to avoid a poor mark on his/her results sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Someone who would rather study for other subjects than continue to waste 5 classes a week sounds like someone with an aim

All well and good but
    if he didn't want to go to university he wouldn't be bothered to study to get good points

There are other perfectly good options for school leavers besides University. Not everyone (regardless of how high their grades are) wants to go to (or should) go to university. There are plenty of other reasons for aspiring to good grades besides university however this is not the thread for persuing such a discussion as its getting OT -start another one if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Hey guys, I was born in England and moved here when I was 5. I rang the people who you ring, can't recall who exactly:o and I was told I just have to send in a copy of my birth cert and my CAO number, when I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

And no people don't just study for the LC to be proud of themselves :rolleyes:
    :confused: I did....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I'm an Irish teacher. I hear this quite often, most years I've one student like this. The bottom line is, we all have to do things we don't like. I disliked maths, I still did them. Give it a few months and you'll never have to study the subjects you dislike again.

Advertisement