Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillington's Betting Log

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

Now there's the forum for it I'm gonna start my own log purely for discipline levels and a bit of help from fellow punters.I dont bet for a living or anything but do bet regularly enough so this should be kept active enough and its mostly football win-draw-win bets depending on my account balance really!

It'll sorta be along the same lines as Tophers,hope ya dont mind buddy! Also doing my own research and knowledge but equally using other posts in the forum,after all we're all here to win cash!!

First off a double in todays footy

Arminia Bielefeld vs Aachen and
    Unirea Urziceni vs Vaslui

Arminia I'm going for after reading Tophers Log

Unirea Urziceni are second in the Romanin league and Vaslui are 9th.In fairness Vaslui arent doing too bad sitting midtable but have lost 3 out of their last 5 including their last 2 away games including one against a team 3rd from bottom.

Unirea(Dan petrescu's managing) drew their last home game which was in the Champs League against stuttgart which i think is a great result.They've also won their last 2 league games at home,and won 3 out of 4 league games at home all season conceding one.

Odds of 2.69 on Ladbrokes for the double(The only account I have cash in for now,I'm sure odds are better elsewhere)

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Best o' luck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Well first ones a loser,Unirea losing 2-1, hopefully I'll get something out of tomorrow.

1.Arminia Bielefeld vs Aachen,Unirea Urziceni vs Vaslui : Double (L)

First bet today is on Scunthorpe v Sheff United Overs 2.5 @ 2.14

This should be an entertaining game and imo any manner of bets look good.Scunthorpe have only kept one clean sheet all season and Sheff United only kept 3 plus both clubs are going through mini bad patches,Scunny 2 points from 12 and Sheff 2 from 9 but in saying that Sheffield United have only lost 3 from 25 in league games stretching back to last season.

In Scunthorpes last 5 games there has been 15 goals scored and in Sheffield Uniteds there been an entertaining 21 goals

Scunny have been involved in 7 games that would have resulted in winning Overs bets,while Sheffield United taking part in 6,with both teams defensive frailties I'm hoping for another.

I have a free €5 bet from Ladbrokes so looking for something good for that,pay for a night out if anyone wants to help!?

Scunny duly obliged and won 3-1

2.Scunthorpe v Sheff United Overs 2.5 @ 2.14 : (W)

I know its a bit late,only in the door but just gonna throw a small bit of the winnings on Southampton away to Oldham they've been playing well to reduce their deficit and now are + points I fancy them to continue it today.

3.Oldham v Southampton @ 2.76

3.Oldham v Southampton @ 2.76 : (W)

Southampton won 3-1 aswell lovely stuff.

Put a small bit of that on Newcastle away to Forest,Forest have been doing well winning their last 3 before the International break,Newcastle only drawing their last 2,both at home aswell which they'll be looking to make up for this evening I reckon especially with WBA winning today.

4.Notts Forest v Newcastle @ 2.58

This blog is meant to be for discipline which it certainly isnt working I'm useless.have a small €2 Accum on

5.Lyon,Bordeaux,Valenciennes,Anderlecht,PSV and FC Twente
    @ 13.66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

I see the accum is gone as Lyon lost, and unlucky on the Newcastle game. The other picks were nice though!

A bit of aftertime posting here sorry bout that but doing it to keep record.

6.Villareal v Barcelona @ 1.73 (L) finished 0-0
    7.Blackburn v Burnley @ 1..82 (W)

Backed HT 0-0 betting in play in the City game,damn Wigan :mad: Never back in your own teams matches!

8.Wigan v Man City HT 0-0 @1.54 (L)

Might have one more bet today I'll post later and consolidate all my log.

Last one of the weekend I promise! Club Brugge at home to AA Gent.Club Brugge unbeaten at home all season and are on a 7 game unbeaten streak including beating league leaders Anderlecht 4-2 last time out. Gent havent won in 4 and havent won away since the opening day of the season.

Boca Juniors at home to Tigres.Boca aint been having the best of seasons but have won their last 2 games including beating 3rd placed Velez Sarsfield.Tigres on the other hand havent won in 7 games and have shipped in 19 goals in 8 games 10 of them on the road.Hopefully Palermo and Riquelme can do some damage.

9.Boca Juniors v Tigre,Club Brugge v AA Gent @ 2.76

9.Boca Juniors v Tigre,Club Brugge v AA Gent @ 2.76 was a winner,Boca won 2-1,tigre scored late on was a nervy last few mins for me.

In "Football Tips from the Pro" I said earlier I was thinking of doing a Fulham and Nantes double which I did do,not watching the Fulham game watching Nantes they just pulled back to level to 2-2 there and look like they could get the winner aswell fingers crossed.

10.Fulham v Hull,Nantes v Metz Double @ 2.95

Jean-Claude Darcheville the plonker missed an absolute sitter of a 1v1 against Metz sub keeper in the 93rd minute cost Nantes(and me) the win

4.Notts Forest v Newcastle @ 2.58 (L)
    5.Lyon,Bordeaux,Valenciennes,Anderlecht,PSV and FC Twente @ 13.66 (L)
    9.Boca Juniors v Tigre,Club Brugge v AA Gent @ 2.76 (W)
    10.Fulham v Hull,Nantes v Metz Double @ 2.95 (L)

4 winners and 6 losers need to turn it around soon and get on a decent run.

• Advertisement

11.Santos v Chivas @ 2.12 (W)
    Backed Santos last night in play to win they came in 1-0 but South American Footy is way dodgy but in came in none the less.Have a few bets tonight as a result of the winnings.

11.Blackpool v Sheff United @ 2.52
    12.Liverpool v Lyon Overs 2.5 @ 3(in play)
    13.Bristol City,Rangers,Stevenage,Rangers,Inter Accum @ 12.0

11.Santos v Chivas @ 2.12 (W)
    12.Blackpool v Sheff United @ 2.52 (W)
    13.Liverpool v Lyon Overs 2.5 @ 3(in play) (W) Barely!
    14.Bristol City,Rangers,Stevenage,Rangers,Inter Accum @ 12.0 (L)

Right no more stupid accumalators,I know last night was a bit random but none the less I think Ive only had one or two 4-5 team bets come in the season out of a good lot placed! Try to stick to singles,doubles and the odd,odd treble.

15.CSKA Moscow v Man Utd @ 2.42 DNB

Playing on this surface will be tough for United I reckon,plus I dunno if Anderson,Nani and Valencia are good enough to replace Rooney and Giggs,they needed someone like Fletcher to pass it around plus Carricks on the bench.Hoping Berbs has an off day aswell!

Right the first installment of my log was disastrous mainly because I had no discipline,so before I deposit anymore money in accounts I'm gonna see how far I can go with the little I have left in my Boyles account by just backing footy singles at whatever price.I know its a slow and painful process and one loss can kill the last couple of bets but anyways its only €7 and a test of my discipline if it goes far!

First bet is Genoa v Siena @ 1.67

Genoa will be buoyed by their win against Lille midweek and with a good few attacking options with Palacio,Crespo,Mesto and Palladino,I'm hoping they can get a few goals to negate not having Marco amelia in between the sticks.They need to win to keep in touch with the top 6.Siena have a new manager and got a 1-1 against Lazio in his first match so it is a bit dodgy betting against teams with new bosses but I think Genoa will be too much.

Bank €2.09
    In Play €5

Lol 1-0 up after 2 mins.

Gillington wrote: »
    Right the first installment of my log was disastrous mainly because I had no discipline,so before I deposit anymore money in accounts I'm gonna see how far I can go with the little I have left in my Boyles account by just backing footy singles at whatever price.I know its a slow and painful process and one loss can kill the last couple of bets but anyways its only €7 and a test of my discipline if it goes far!

First bet is Genoa v Siena @ 1.67

Genoa will be buoyed by their win against Lille midweek and with a good few attacking options with Palacio,Crespo,Mesto and Palladino,I'm hoping they can get a few goals to negate not having Marco amelia in between the sticks.They need to win to keep in touch with the top 6.Siena have a new manager and got a 1-1 against Lazio in his first match so it is a bit dodgy betting against teams with new bosses but I think Genoa will be too much.

Bank €2.09
    In Play €5

Lol 1-0 up after 2 mins.

Well first bet in this won,then my bro gave me the tenner to put his own bet on which lost so back down to €0 on this,Betfair rang with a free €10 bet when I place €10 so gonna put money in the account this evening and start again,more then likely the same,1x2 footy singles try and get somewhere slowly but surely.

Okay starting bank is €14.78 in my betfair account,first bet is a tenner to get my free tenner which hopefully Ill have for tomorrow's internationals should this lose :rolleyes:

Zwolle v FC Eindhoven @1.5

On paper this should go according to plan for Zwolle going by their home form vs Eindhovens away form.Zwolle have 10 points out of the last 15 at home while Eindhoven have only draws on the road making that 3 out of 21 points all season.Eindhoven have the leakiest defence in the league conceding 42 goals and even though Zwolle have been modest only scoring 21 conceding 20 I reckon they can build on their last 2 wins with another here.

Bank €4.78
    In Play €10

Zwolle won 2-1 so bank up to €19.53

Was having a look at this earlier,Vasco De Gama sittin pretty in Brazil Serie B,they can win the league tonight with just a point,but theyre planning a team with a hopeless away record,America RN,3 points from their last 27 available away.Whereas Vasco have won their last 3 at home and are unbeaten in their last 8 alltogether.Not sure if the trophy is gonna be there tonight but if it is,it should be Vasco's

Vasco De Gama v America RN @ 1.55

Bank €9.53
    In Play €10

Vasco won...just! New bank €24.73

Bit drunk,doin a couple of singles before I hit bed,stupid I know!

LA Galaxy v Houston Dynamo €5 @2.02
    Kashima Antlers v Kobe 5 @ 1.5

Bank €14.73
    In Play €10

Drunken betting is dangerous thank god I only put a tenner on! Kashima won 2-1,LA won 2-0(aet) but twas 0-0 at FT so doesnt count.New Bank €22.71
    of latew
    First bet of the day is Huddersfield v Wycombe Wanderers €10 @ 1.45,Wycombe are in trouble,they've been shocking.havent won a game in 12 matches I think or the last 8 away games.Huddersfield have been a good run and propelled up the table with 3 out of last 4 wins after a shocking run of results.Jordan Rhodes is playing well for them so hopefully he can help them with the win! Weather is shocking in England and could have a big part to play in fixtures today which isnt good

Bank : €12.71
    In Play : €10

Huddersfield 6-0! Missed the boat on that one,anyway a win is a win.Plus I got my free €10 off Betfair s New Bank €36.38

Cant make the bookies so just gonna have a cheeky punt on The Gold Cup.

Tarotino €2 EW @ 16.0

New Bank 34.38
    In Play €4

Walsall vs Stockport €5 @1.9

Neither are setting the world alight,but sorta trying to look for a bitta value.Walsall won their last 2,one in the FA cup but their last 2 losses were close run games against 2 form teams MK Dons and Colchester.Stockport had a morale boosting 5-0 win in the cup last week but have lost their last 3 league games all by 2 goals or more margins.

Inverness v Airdrie €10 @ 1.57

Airdrie are shocking away from home, away point from their last 21,Inverness lost last time out away to Ross County but manager has said there will be changes in the team and think they'll be too god for Airdrie who have a couple of injury concerns themselves.

Bank €17.38
    In Play €15

• Advertisement

Both 2-0 winners New Bank €42.06

I see goals in the Spain v Argentina game and if it wasnt for the slightly more important matter of a game in Croker tonight I think I'd be watchin this.Spains last 6 games(all wins) have finished Over 2.5 goals,plus the fact Argentina have been dodgy this season I'm going for Over 2.5 goals

Spain v Argentina Over 2.5 goals €10 @ 1.89

Sao Paulo v Vitoria €10 @ 1.5

Sao Paulo will be hoping to capitalise on Palmeiras's draw during the week and with a win could go top of Seria A by 3 points with 3 games to go.They're unbeaten in 4 games and playing Vitoria who have lost their last 4 games all to 1-0 margins.

New Bank €22.06
    In Play €20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gillington wrote: »

Spain v Argentina Over 2.5 goals €10 @ 1.89

Sao Paulo v Vitoria €10 @ 1.5

Nice, done a double with these at 3/1.:cool:

Nice, done a double with these at 3/1.:cool:

Good stuff!

New Bank 55.26

Pumas UNAM v Indios €10 @ 1.57

Indios are shocking havent won In 16 league games and have only 5 points all season,Pumas arent too much better but have a nice 4 match unbeaten run,bith team have finished bottom of their league already but going with form I reckon Pumas will take this.

SwitzerlandU-17 v NigeriaU-17 €5 @ 1.97

Bank 40.26
    In Play €15

Nigeria couldnt score at all,had about 20 chances! Pumas drew 1-1 so not a good day really New Bank €40.26

Sorry for afterposting but gone for Fluminese v Atletico Paranaense €5 @ 1.74
    thy're 1-0 up

New bank €35.26
    In Play €5

New Bank €43.77

Bray v Sporting Fingal

Started messing about on this trading at HT so if it stays this score my prof will be lower.

Racing Club v Estudiantes €5 @ 2.10

Estu are losing 1-0 currently

New bank 31.27
    In Play €12.50

Stupid messing about with live betting ah well hopefully lesson learned New Bank 31.27

Gonna try a few bets today I reckon first one for small a payout so bit of a stupid bet,

Hungary Cup KO 12pm
    Zalaegerszeg v Szigetszentmiklosi €10 @1.24

Home team won their last 5 plus theyre unbeaten in 14 altogether,also won 6 out of their last 7 at home.Away team arent on too bad form,won 4 of their last 7 but I reckon their 1st division opponents will be too much for them.Plus they beat them 3-0 away last week.

New bank €21.27
    In Play €10

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nice bet, would have been on it myself if the poxy college computers didn't have gambling sites blocked.

Nice bet, would have been on it myself if the poxy college computers didn't have gambling sites blocked.

Cheers in fairness the odds were crap but the difference in the 2 teams was reflected in the price.Just wanted an early bet,now my bleedin Internets gone at home! On my mates slow comp so just gonna post my tonights 2 nets up without much reasoning in a hurry.New Bank 33.55

Mansfield v Forest Green 10 @ 1.58

4th in conference v 21st in conference basically,I know FA Cup can throw up a few surprises but Mansfields home form has been good 4 wins out of 5 in all comps.They drew last time out agaisnt Histon 1-1 who beat Forest Green 5-2 last month,Mansgield un beaten in 7 games aswell.

Sporting Covilhã v Santa Clara 5 @ 2.5

Bit of a risky one for me to be doing but I fancy Santa Clara tonight.Its 3rd bottom at home to 3rd from the top and formwise,Santa Clara are best in the Liga de Honra winning 3 and drawing 3 of their last 6.Sporting arent too bad at home in fairness but Santa Clara a re unbeaten in their last 5 aways.

New bank 18.55
    In Play 15

Crappy couple of games those 2 were,got to me mates comp and put some bets on Wednesday to ill effect :( New Bank 10.98

Trying to get back into winning ways backing Cambuur v Emmen 10.98 @ 1.32.Emmen's form has been indifferent to say the leats,they were whipping boys at the start of the season but have had a few wins of late but Cambuur should have enough about them to win especially at home.They have scored 21 goals in their last 7 games and are the leagues highest scorers with 43 but they have a leajy defence and have conceded 28,they look to be the leagues entertainers anyways.Theyre the form team in the league with 5 wins from 6.

New Bank €0
    In Play €10.98

• Advertisement

Backed United yesterday,couldnt get here to post it. New bank €18.20

Waited for team news,Ajax are playing with their full team so backing Ajax v Heerenveen €10 @ 1.28

Heerenveens form has been good but inconsistent of late so Im backing Ajax who,even though they lost last time out,it was away to league leaders FC Twente and before that they had won their last 6 and have good home form scoring plenty of goals.

New Bank €8.20
    In play €10

Advertisement