Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year old boy trapped in Balloon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Looks like it may have been a set-up by the father, himself and the missus had previously appeared on 'Wife Swap'. Another example of Joe Public who after getting a sample of fame on the box just had to go looking for more. Young lad is probably totally innocent.

In any case, he's guaranteed a nice pay cheque when some tabloid newspaper or TV show comes knocking for the full story :rolleyes:.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8310121.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fair play to them then, the media can be played like banjos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UONWCq7A
    Poor kid not as good a liar as his parents.
    Notice the nervous fart from mammy or daddy after the boy spills the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,821 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

fox news radio says the boy actually was asked why he didnt come out of hiding when they called his name. they played a clip of [a boy...] saying 'it was for a show'

Doesnt mean its true. Fox News likes to distort the truth in the mornings before people have had their coffee.

• Advertisement

Oh my that was actually bonified.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Parents are looper.
    I hope they get sent a bill for the cost of the emergency response and that no one who needed actually needed those services were affected.

I'm sure they'll just continue to profit out of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Looks like a hoax and a deliberate waste of emergency services time!:mad:
    You can see after the boy spills the beans, the host asks the father to repeat what the boy has just said, but the father doesn't. Instead we get a load of nervous blabbering from him.

I hope he gets charged for his stupid antics. Him and his Mrs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I hope that the kid never has an accident, or disappears, because it'll probably take about a month for the authorities to believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

News reports say the parents are expected to be charged now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

twanda wrote: »
    News reports say the parents are expected to be charged now.

You know I feel sorry for the child now. imagine what the parents are going to be like now that he outed them and they're going to get charged. i wouldn't trust them to just let it drop, I would say that kid is in for a few rough months.

years.

Did anyone else notice that after hours trading of Disney (DIS) on Thursday night of the incident caused a sharp drop in the stock price? I wonder why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its all a publicity stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

yep looks that way, such idiots
    The couple's attorney, David Lane, issued a statement later Sunday saying the Heenes were willing to voluntarily turn themselves in to face charges
    full story
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113924480

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Oh no !! Something similar just happened in Donegal !!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055714353

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Elephant Monkey

Here’s what it cost to track the balloon…..

$40,000 in additional costs for ambulances, fire and police, personnel in three separate counties during the four hour balloon chase and subsequent hunt for Falcon Heene.

$20,000 in helicopter costs for Colorado Army National Guard scrambling two helicopters to help.

$20,000 in media costs to cover the event with helicopters and crews scrambling across state to cover the event.

$5,000 in damaged wheat crops and insurance claims after the balloon landed on the Abbot Family’s farm.

$15,000 in miscellaneous costs with people taking time off work around world to watch the event or those who volunteered time to help search for Falcon Heen

(copy and pasted from an interweb source)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

update
    Richard Heene, the Colorado man who claimed his 6-year-old son was aboard an escaped balloon last month and caused a media firestorm, plead guilty today to a felony charge of attempting to influence a public servant. Mayumi Heene, his wife, is being charged with a misdemeanor for false reporting to authorities. Richard’s felony carries a penalty of two to six years in prison with a fine of anywhere between $2,000 and $500,000, while the penalty for the misdemeanor would be six months of jail time with a fine of $50 to $750. Attorneys for the Heenes said they’ve cut a deal with prosecutors for Richard to possibly serve up to 90 days in jail with probation and for his wife, who had been threatened with deportation since she’s a Japanese citizen, to serve up to 60 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

They should be sent up in the balloon themselves to see how 'funny' it is then!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Couldn't happen to a more deserving family of idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Couldn't happen to a more deserving family of idiots

Ha! they are going down for this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1223/breaking47.htm

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ha! they are going down
    ..... like a lead balloon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Watched it live. They got off light.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They look quite deflated in the photo.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

one word...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

mink_man wrote: »
    one word...lol
    You do realise lol is 3 words, and even if spoken out loud as L-O-L it's still three words :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Biggins wrote: »
    Watched it live. They got off light.

What did they get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Jako8 wrote: »
    What did they get?
    A telling off, in other words a load of hot air!

Advertisement