Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109, 2010 the O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

93 was PPV in the US

UFC 99 in Germany was also PPV in America, just to add to your point

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

if you check wiki now you will see we are not getting 109 i know wiki isn't reliable but theres fights down and all we'll probably just get a UFN on paddys day which in my opinion is a terrible idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

maharg92 wrote: »
    if you check wiki now you will see we are not getting 109 i know wiki isn't reliable but theres fights down and all we'll probably just get a UFN on paddys day which in my opinion is a terrible idea

I would guess that it will be a UFC PPV event on one of the Saturdays either side of Paddys day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,054 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

wandy wrote: »
    Its UFC111 i think and its been booked for the Acer Arena, which as far as i know is in Sydney. Wandys confirmed in his video blog he will be headlining against Akiyama. Enjoy!

Glad to hear ,ore news on this.
    Hopefully tickets will be up soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I would guess that it will be a UFC PPV event on one of the Saturdays either side of Paddys day.

I checked with someone and it seems to be the one after Paddys day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

rovert wrote: »
    I checked with someone
    and who might that be?

and who might that be?

Id rather not say on a public board but he is rarely wrong.

^ Oh spooky :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randm

Id rather not say on a public board but he is rarely wrong.

^ Oh spooky :p

ha prob same guy dat told u it was on ere jan 16th :pac::pac:

randm wrote: »
    ha prob same guy dat told u it was on ere jan 16th :pac::pac:

Id lol if was. FightersOnly/Lorenzo said that it would be January.

+1

Lorenzo posted on his Twitter that they would be in Ireland in January..im also pretty sure he said it would be on the 16th...cant fully remember though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Sounds good. How much would tickets be?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

UFC 109 is going to be in Vegas.

What about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night_21

DoireNod wrote: »
    Sounds good. How much would tickets be?

Tickets for UFC 93 January 2009 in the 02 were as follows:

€50
    €75
    €125
    €250

We had the €75 tickets and they were perfect

What about this?

I guarantee you they wont put an event on Patricks Day..

also, there has never been a Fight Night in Europe...doubt there will be either...We will get a proper event wether it is going to be January or not.

Wikipedia can be edited by basically anyone...Mods will fix that within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭cletus

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tickets for UFC 93 January 2009 in the 02 were as follows:

€50
    €75
    €125
    €250

We had the €75 tickets and they were perfect

forget about the €50 tickets, they're usually behind pillars and stuff:D,

but I had a €75 ticket, and I second Callaway, perfect

cletus wrote: »
    forget about the €50 tickets, they're usually behind pillars and stuff:D,

but I had a €75 ticket, and I second Callaway, perfect

Actually the €50 tickets seemed to be very decent aswell...There is not a bad view from anywhere inside the 02..What Pillars are you talking about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

What about this?

I'm going to edit this Wikipedia page so that it says I am fighting Fedor and the recently retired Rampage in a triple threat open weight class grudge match!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭cletus

callaway92 wrote: »
    Actually the €50 tickets seemed to be very decent aswell...There is not a bad view from anywhere inside the 02..What Pillars are you talking about??

Was being facetious, (usually the cheapest tickets are pretty ****), while trying to agree with you about quality of upper tiered seating, not needing to drop €200+ on tics

What about this?

OMG, Fedor v Frank Mir!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I think a paddy's day event ufn looks very possible and UFN tickets are cheaper but were I had last time was great above the media guys with no one in front of me. Also UFN's are very good standard cards some of the recent ones have been very good with good fighters on them

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    I think a paddy's day event ufn looks very possible and UFN tickets are cheaper but were I had last time was great above the media guys with no one in front of me.

Not from an economic standpoint it wouldn’t be PPV obviously so lost revenue there, trans Atlantic flights don’t come cheap neither does accommodation either during the Paddy's Day festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randm

dont think so unless its a ufn. and i very much doubt that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

This thread is beginning to annoy me now. Ok the reason this thread states UFC is coming here in Jan is cause of numerous reports that the UFC had provisionally booked the O2 arena for January! This came after Fighters Only reported that UFC would be in Dublin, Nottingham or Glasgow in Jan 2010, however given the fact that England are getting UFC 105 I would doubt them returning there only 2 months later.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3084

The Paddy's Day weekend UFC/UFN was entirely rumour based and I have never seen it posted anywhere online (maybe someone who is in the camp of firm belief that this is true could provide a link). I would hope I'm wrong because I think having more UFC's to go to after 105 would be killer but think bout it the UFC is a business and it doesnt make sense to fly fighters half way round the world for a Fight Night card when they could do a full UFC event a few months earlier.

Putting a UFC on in Boston on Paddys Day Weekend would make more sense as it would be cheaper in terms of flights and that for the multitude of UFC staff. Plus given the high number of Irish in Boston it would make sense for the UFC's first time as it would make the transition into the Boston market easier.

Obviously nothing has been confirmed yet as the official UFC schedule on their website only goes to UFC 107 in December http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.fullschd so why don't we sit back and wait and see how this one plays out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This thread is beginning to annoy me now. Ok the reason this thread states UFC is coming here in Jan is cause of numerous reports that the UFC had provisionally booked the O2 arena for January! This came after Fighters Only reported that UFC would be in Dublin, Nottingham or Glasgow in Jan 2010, however given the fact that England are getting UFC 105 I would doubt them returning there only 2 months later.

The Paddy's Day weekend UFC/UFN was entirely rumour based and I have never seen it posted anywhere online (maybe someone who is in the camp of firm belief that this is true could provide a link). I would hope I'm wrong because I think having more UFC's to go to after 105 would be killer but think bout it the UFC is a business and it doesnt make sense to fly fighters half way round the world for a Fight Night card when they could do a full UFC event a few months earlier.

Putting a UFC on in Boston on Paddys Day Weekend would make more sense as it would be cheaper in terms of flights and that for the multitude of UFC staff. Plus given the high number of Irish in Boston it would make sense for the UFC's first time as it would make the transition into the Boston market easier.

Obviously nothing has been confirmed yet as the official UFC schedule on their website only goes to UFC 107 in December http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.fullschd so why don't we sit back and wait and see how this one plays out :cool:

i chat to Marcus Davies quite a bit and he has said on numerous occasions that UFC will be returning to Dublin for a UFN event on Paddy's Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

scudzilla wrote: »
    i chat to Marcus Davies quite a bit and he has said on numerous occasions that UFC will be returning to Dublin for a UFN event on Paddy's Day

If he's such a good friend of yours it's surprising that you can't spell his name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

scudzilla wrote: »

Why do we only get a UFN event after Dana White called us the best pound for pound audience in UFC history during UFC 93?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If he's such a good friend of yours it's surprising that you can't spell his name!

Never said he was such a good friend, just that i chat to him a lot, call the spelling police on me ;)

Locomotion wrote: »
    Why do we only get a UFN event

We have got nothing yet. Until anything is announced then colour me disinterested.

Ive always read the whole Paddy's Day in Boston thing as just an excuse by Dana White to book/see his favourite band House of Pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

It wasn't just a rumour, Lorenzo Fertitta said it in a Q&A at the UFC 100 expo.

Advertisement