Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fight Before Christmas 2- December 12th 2009

Options
  • 12-10-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm still looking for professional match ups for The Fight Before Christmas 2, to be held in Informed Performance Gym in Glasnevin (cap. 300)

The card will have 6 pro and 6 amateur match ups featuring fighters from all around the country. If you or your gym have fighters available, email me at barry@informedperformance.com for purse information and details.

Currently from the amateur ranks we are looking for opponents for
    Robbie Sheridan 0-0-0 C class 77kgs
    Colin English 1-0 C class 70kgs
    Will Heffernan 0-0-0 C class 92kgs
    Amanda English 1-0 C class 58kgs (or catch weight, girls are scarce!)

Tickets and promotional information will be available soon. The last TFBC was a great night out and we hope to improve on the experience for the spectators with all seats close to the action.

(mods sorry for the new thread but can't search for the old one!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

best of luck with this barry. had a blast at last years show. i'll give oisin a heads up on it as he's looking at getting all of us to more shows this year. i know there's one of the lads looking at a c class match so i'll get him to check the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Hi all,

The amateur card is almost full but I'm still looking for pro match ups at most weights. barry@informedperformance.com for details on who I have right now.

I'm also looking for opponents at C class level for

Amanda English 1-0
    Will Heffernan 0-0 -92kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Will this be held in the ring like last year?

Yes indeed. In our own 20ft competition ring all decked out for Christmas no less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i might have to make a trip up to see this, my brother competed in the last one and he said it was a great laugh.

• Advertisement

Thinking of bringing all the new members of the club to see a local show. Probably will be your one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Lookin forward to being in the audience for this one!

Thinking of bringing all the new members of the club to see a local show. Probably will be your one.
    Cool, which club is that DCU?

Cardioshootme,
    Who's your brother?

Actually while I'm on here I may as well announce a match up

Grant "The Nuisance" Carroll (Informed Performance MMA) versus Tommy Martin (Spartan MMA)
    62kgs bantamweight C class
    This match features two young men yet to sit their leaving cert. I've watched Tommy wrestle in the national junior submission championships for about 3 years now and he is a great little talent with some superb skills. He's taking it into the ring for the first time against Grant who showed he has some skills of his own with an impressive win in his first C class bout at Rumble in Rush 1.

I'm looking forward to seeing these two guys as they're as exciting as new talent gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Roper wrote: »

Cardioshootme,
    Who's your brother?

John O'Hara, he fought under Colm O'Reilly(SpartanMMA) at the time of the event, he won via unanimous decision IIRC.

i watched the last year event via internet videos and it looked like a great event with a good atmosphere

• Advertisement

John O'Hara, he fought under Colm O'Reilly(SpartanMMA) at the time of the event, he won via unanimous decision IIRC.

i watched the last year event via internet videos and it looked like a great event with a good atmosphere

Yes I remember him he fought Mick O'Leary from my gym in a good match. It's a small world.

Yes the atmosphere was excellent last time out. I wanted to make it like a party with the fights as the entertainment and I think we achieved that. Lovely, friendly atmosphere, super sportsmanship from all the lads involved and I'm sure we'll have the same again this year too.

Its UCD MMA. Was askin the new guys would they be interested in seein a local show and there was a pretty positive response. Will be in touch over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

DCU mma will be there too. not sure of numbers yet but i'm sure the same gang from last year will be going again. atmosphere was great last year. btw where is it on this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gfurrier

Hi im just wondering where you hold your fight nights on, how much are the tickets and where can i get them cause im hoping to head to a fight night december for my birthday, thanks :o

Tickets will be ready by the end of this week. The event will be in Informed Performance Gym in Glasnevin and the tickets will cost €30 or €160 for a ringside table (seats 5).

All details on how to purchase tickets will be posted up here in the next while.

Aw brill will you reply to my post when you have all the details up and another question how many fights will be on in the night and what time does it start from- go on to and what gym are you guys from??? just to see if i know any of the fighters, cheers

Just finishing the card off this week so I'll have all the details up for you then. So far looks like 12/13 fights.

Sounda as, thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Was at the event last year and our xmas party is the same date so im going to miss this 1 unfortunately, But i have to say i'd reccomend any fans to make sure they get to this-last show was great and fans and fighter alike enjoyed it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Tickets are on sale this coming Monday and can be purchased from:

Informed Performance,
    Unit 5, Tolka Business Park,
    Ballyboggan Road,
    Dublin 11
    (open 10am-10pm Mon-Thurs, 10am-7.30pm Fri, 10-2pm Sat)
    By mailing info@informedperformance.com
    Or by calling 085-8320174 to arrange pick up/collection
    They will also be available from the fighters on the card.

This is an all seated show:
    Prices- General Seating €30
    Ringside Centre table of 5- €200
    Ringside off centre table of 5- €175

All ringside tickets include table service. These tickets are extremely limited.

Just FYI I made a small mistake on an earlier post and put up an incorrect price for a table. The above prices are correct...

• Advertisement

Time to announce some match ups. These fights are C class amatuer and are on the undercard.

Welterweight Match Up- Ger Gleeson (Informed Performance) vs. Joe Baker (Kyoujin, Belfast)
    Hometown boy Gleeson is making his MMA debut against Baker. Joe will be looking to comeback after his defeat to Gleeson's team mate at Rumble in Rush, and Ger will be hoping to get his MMA career off to a winning start.

Lightweight Match Up- Colin English (Informed Performance) vs. Ian Walsh (Strefa Walki, Waterford)
    Walsh makes the trip from the sunny south east to face English, who last fought in The Fight Before Christmas 1.

Light-welterweight Match Up- Stephen Finlan (Informed Performance) vs. Thomas Crosse (The Warriors, Clare)
    Finlan is making his MMA debut, while Crosse comes off a good win at last weekend's Cage Contenders show in his own debut.

Welterweight match Up- Przemek Mucha (Informed Performance) vs. Joe Crosse (the Warriors, Clare)
    The second of the Crosse brothers on the card, Joe also comes off a win last weekend. He will fight Mucha who recently impressed in his debut match.

Middleweight match up- Robbie Sheridan (Informed Performance) vs. Hugh Minnock (The Warriors, Ennis)
    Minnock impressed in hiss debut victory and he takes on Sheridan who while making his debut has been around the BJJ scene for quite a while.

Light Heavyweight Match Up- Will Heffernan (Informed Performance) vs. Owen O'Neill (Maynooth Shootfighters)
    Informed Performance's strength and conditioning coach Heffernan makes a jump into the ring against fellow debutante O'Neill.

One or two more amateur match ups to follow, plus several pro match ups awaiting confirmation.

We're also in the process of organising an excellent after party to coincide with UFC 107 (Penn Vs Sanchez) for the fighters, coaches and a limited number of fans. We can't announce it here but we'll let the fighters know in the next couple of days.

Myles Price (TPK) vs. Marcin Walderik (Strefa Walki) 73kgs

Myles is one of the best strikers in Irish MMA at the moment and he takes on Walderik who fights out of the Strefa Walki club in Waterford. Walderik has a strong ground game and will be looking to bring this to the mat straight away against the fast hands of Price.

Tickets for this all seater show now available priced at €30 from Informed Performance gym or any of the fighters involved.

For ringside table bookings call 085-8320174

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

The boys from DCU MMA should defo be at this Barry. I'll be in touch when I have solid numbers.

Best of luck with it.

Pro A match up- John Redmond (RFA) vs. Adam Slowinski (TPK)
    This is a welterweight match up made for entertainment. Adam is an excellent wrestler with good ground and pound skills, and John likes to stand and bang. That said, John showed some wrestling skills of his own in his last match at Rumble in Rush so he won't be easy to get to the mat.

FINALLY have all the fights confirmed so here's the full card. I'll preview the other matches on the card here this week.
    Amateur card:

* Grant Carroll (IPMMA) vs. Tommy Martin (Spartan MMA) 61.8kgs
    * Stephen Finlan (IPMMA) vs. Thomas Crosse (The Warriors, Ennis) 73kgs
    * Ger Gleeson (IPMMA) vs. Joe Baker (Kyoujin, Belfast) 77kgs
    * Robbie Sheridan (IPMMA) vs. Hugh Minnock (The Warriors, Ennis) 84kgs
    * Colin English (IPMMA) vs. Ian Walsh (Strefa Walki, Waterford) 70kgs TBC
    * Will Heffernan (IPMMA) vs. Owen O'Neill (Maynooth Shootfighters)l 92kgs
    * Prezemek Mucha (IPMMA) vs. Joe Crosse (The Warriors, Ennis) 77kgs
    * Glen Mulcahy (IPMMA) vs. Gary McQuaid (Evolve, Derry) 65.8kgs

Professional card:

* Myles Price (Top Pro Kilkenny) vs. Marcin Walderik (Strefa Walki, Waterford) 73kgs
    * Chris Fields (SBG, Dublin) vs Richard Gorey (Top Pro Kilkenny) 84kgs
    * John Redmond (Rush) vs. Adam Slowinski (Top Pro Kilkenny) 77kgs A class
    * Cathal Pendred (SBG, Dublin) vs. Mervyn Mulholland (Kyoko Ryu, Larne) 77kgs

The fighter's tickets are being distributed this week so they'll be available from them or the gym. We've already moved a good chunk of them so I'd get going if you want one. I confidently predict that this will be the show of the year :)

Pro A match up- Cathal Pendred (SBG, Dublin) vs. Mervyn Mulholland (Kyoko Ryu, Larne) 77kgs
    Cathal is one of Ireland's top up and coming fighters. I saw him first fight in a war about a year ago and he was a very lean and muscular 84kgs. Now under the tutelage of John Kavanagh at SBG he has shredded himself further to 77kgs and now has a pro record of 3-1.
    His opponent has an identical record, is also a big welterweight and is fresh off a win at Cage Contender. He is a Japanese Jiu Jitsu black belt and at just 18 years old, cuts an imposing figure. This will be an absolute war of a fight!

info@informedperformance.com for tickets

Featherweight C class match up- Glen "The Sumerhill Survivor" Mulcahy (Informed Performance MMA) vs Gary McQuaid (Evolve, Derry)
    Another amateur match up just added. McQuaid makes the trip to Dublin to take on Mulcahy. Both of these guys have similar records and will be looking to make splash in the featherwight division.

Tickets going fast! get yours asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Pro A match up- Cathal Pendred (SBG, Dublin) vs. Mervyn Mulholland (Kyoko Ryu, Larne) 77kgs
    Cathal is one of Ireland's top up and coming fighters. I saw him first fight in a war about a year ago and he was a very lean and muscular 84kgs. Now under the tutelage of John Kavanagh at SBG he has shredded himself further to 77kgs and now has a pro record of 3-1.
    His opponent has an identical record, is also a big welterweight and is fresh off a win at Cage Contender. He is a Japanese Jiu Jitsu black belt and at just 18 years old, cuts an imposing figure. This will be an absolute war of a fight!

info@informedperformance.com for tickets

That is an awesome match if ever I heard one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Myles Price (TPK) vs. Marcin Walderik (Strefa Walki) 73kgs

Myles is one of the best strikers in Irish MMA at the moment and he takes on Walderik who fights out of the Strefa Walki club in Waterford. Walderik has a strong ground game and will be looking to bring this to the mat straight away against the fast hands of Price.

Tickets for this all seater show now available priced at €30 from Informed Performance gym or any of the fighters involved.

For ringside table bookings call 085-8320174

Has Marcin fought before? is he the guy that beat Vinny Di Ruscio in their debut?

• Advertisement

That is an awesome match if ever I heard one!
    I think people are going to have difficulty telling them apart :). I saw Mulholland at Cage Contender and the wheels started spinning in my head. I think this is going to be a great fight. Cathal has a tendency to get in wars and Mervyn is one cool cat.

As for Marcin, yes I think he's 1-0? Was it DiRuscio he fought? My memory for matches is dreadful.

Advertisement