Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Informed Performance Submission Tournament 2- December 5th Information

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This competition is open to all practitioners of the grappling arts. This is a no-gi tournament for all levels of experience.

This is an elimination tournament with a small change to the last event- the finals of each event will be fought off later in the day after the initial heats. This will give the finalists plenty of rest and make the final matches more competitive and a really good showcase for the talent we saw at the last tournament.

All details on how to register, how to pay, and weights/experience levels etc. etc. are in this link

or copy and paste this into your browser http://informedperformance.com/barry/2009/11/informed-performance-submission-tournament-2/

Once again the earlier we recieve your entry, the easier our life will be. So think of the poor IT guy and enter asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hendy

Hi Roper, just a question about weights..
    Is the 76 category taken out, or is it a typo error.. Please say the latter, or this diet has been for nothing! I'll be in subway awaiting your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Ah well as im a fat boy and was only scraping 76 then i dont mind doing 82.3!! has to be done, diet off!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Mea culpa. There is indeed a 76kg category! Fixing it now.

Hi all,

3 weeks to go for this.

Hi all,

Two weeks to go and entries are coming in thick and fast already. Please get yours in early as it will save us a lot of hassle! For those of you who don't fancy putting their details up on our web page to register, you can mail me the details at barry@informedperformance.com

Barry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What's the craic with just spectating? What time would you show up at etc.? Might be a busy day for me on the 5th if I can organise a babysitter for this and the courage MT show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hendy

Hi roper,

Do you have any start times etc for the comp yet? We will be driving down so it would be handy to know what time we have to crawl out of bed at!

10am weigh in and registration.

11am, rules

11.30 start

Hope to be done by 3pm but it depends on the amount of competitors.

Entries are flying in by email to barry@informedperformance.com and on the website http://informedperformance.com/barry/2009/11/informed-performance-submission-tournament-2/

Just letting everyone know too that tickets for The Fight Before Christmas 2 fight night will be on sale at the tournament, priced at €30.

Great response to this tournament already. 50 or so competitors have registered on the website and by mailing me barry@informedperformance.com

To give you an idea of scale, last time out we had just under 30 registered at this stage, one week out. It's on target to be bigger and better than last time out, and thanks to some positive feedback from those who wanted to view the matches last time out, we're moving the downstairs mats out from under the mezzanine and we should have our new staircase to the upstairs area sorted on Monday so I won't be shouting at you all to sod off downstairs again :)

Please get your entry in asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kerem dino

just wondering whats the closing date for entries?

Get them in by Thursday mate.

last couple of days for entries. Really good response so far lads so keep them coming.

Shaping up to be a massive tournament.

Last two days for entries, get them in asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

question barry, are you allowed wear a groin guard? As at the bjj open- wasn't allowed.

I will always respect a man's right to protect what is most precious to him.:)

Just FYI, we are sorting out the brackets tonight after 6pm, so any entries recieved after that are inadmissible. So in before then please. Based on last time, everyone will post there's in at 5.59pm, but I will be closing the comments on the blog at 6pm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    As at the bjj open- wasn't allowed.

How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Khannie wrote: »
    How come?

yeah i value my crown jewels...

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

dunno why exactly, I think it was like that in the europeans, and no pulling on head to finish triangles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

dunno why exactly, I think it was like that in the europeans, and no pulling on head to finish triangles..

You can pull the head down to finish triangles. What happened at the IO was the head was pulled down while the triangle was no where near on and thus a neck crank (can opener from bottom).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

Killme00 wrote: »
    You can pull the head down to finish triangles. What happened at the IO was the head was pulled down while the triangle was no where near on and thus a neck crank (can opener from bottom).

so your not allowed to pull down on someones head ever, unless its locked tightly in a triangle?

The only reference to that in the rules is from ages 13-15. I think it's interpretation here; you can have a deep triangle and be using the head to control the opponent's posture, or you can have a loose triangle and be hanging off his neck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

No spectators during the heats?.

Don't know if you've seen my gym but basically we have a mezzanine area upstairs and there's very limited room to watch the matches. It caused some difficulties last time out. There will be one and possibly two matted areas downstairs though and spectators are welcome there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Roper wrote: »
    Don't know if you've seen my gym but basically we have a mezzanine area upstairs and there's very limited room to watch the matches. It caused some difficulties last time out. There will be one and possibly two matted areas downstairs though and spectators are welcome there.

Nope, not been to your new premises.

No biggie, was just hoping to get some photography done.

Best of luck everyone, should be a good day.

Roper I don't think I've had the opportunity to wish you luck with the new premises so while I'm here, best of luck and I hope you've huge successes in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

r_obric wrote: »
    so your not allowed to pull down on someones head ever, unless its locked tightly in a triangle?

I didnt say that

In my case at the bjj open,my opponent caught me in a triangle, I wrapped my arms under his legs to try make him attempt an omahplata, but instead my opponent reached up and was pulling down on my head and it was no longer a choke due to my arm not across my neck and was a crank so my opponent was straight DQ'd,

In my case at the bjj open,my opponent caught me in a triangle, I wrapped my arms under his legs to try make him attempt an omahplata, but instead my opponent reached up and was pulling down on my head and it was no longer a choke due to my arm not across my neck and was a crank so my opponent was straight DQ'd,

and should he have been DQ'd? is that illegal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

Yes he should have been DQ'd, neck cranks are just not on at white belt due to the risk of damage to some pretty vital parts, anyway best of luck with the comp tomorrow Barry and good luck to all the IP guys, sorry I going to miss it

• Advertisement

theT wrote: »
    Yes he should have been DQ'd, neck cranks are just not on at white belt due to the risk of damage to some pretty vital parts, anyway best of luck with the comp tomorrow Barry and good luck to all the IP guys, sorry I going to miss it

are neck cranks allowed above white belt then?

how you you know the difference between a neck crank and head control?

Advertisement