Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawtin and Dubfire kicked out of Berghain!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gsparx wrote: »
    sounds like a ****ing nightmare place.

Go there and come back to me, you'll see all sorts of sh1t in the place, ive been to what I thought were the wildest clubs in the world, (DC10, Amnesia, Razzmatazz etc) then I went there, wilder than africa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

It was described to me as exactly what your mother is hoping you wont be doing in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Ahh, that puts a different perspective on it. So the bouncers are trying to keep that "wild" vibe going by not letting in a more conservative or boozed-up tourist crowd perhaps?
    I have a couple of friends living in Berlin.....planning a visit to the city at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gsparx wrote: »
    Ahh, that puts a different perspective on it. So the bouncers are trying to keep that "wild" vibe going by not letting in a more conservative or boozed-up tourist crowd perhaps?
    I have a couple of friends living in Berlin.....planning a visit to the city at some point.

Absolutely,

They vet you on the CCTV before you have even got to the door, then when you do bang on the door they have a wee chat and see if your alright, then let you in, its kind of like the Mc Gruders of Berlin!

I wont even go into some of the stuff I saw that day, ive only been once, got in at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon, place was going off since Friday night and hadnt stopped..... madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jaysus that club sounds like hell, you wouldn't get clubs like the Hacienda back in the day (arguably the greatest club of all time and immensely popular) having a door policy like that, the POD circa 1994 used to be ars*holes and only let D4 heads in, or unless you were "well known";) ,although having said all that of of Hawtin and Dubfire may have been throwing their weight around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Fieldog wrote: »
    Absolutely,

They vet you on the CCTV before you have even got to the door, then when you do bang on the door they have a wee chat and see if your alright, then let you in, its kind of like the Mc Gruders of Berlin!

I wont even go into some of the stuff I saw that day, ive only been once, got in at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon, place was going off since Friday night and hadnt stopped..... madness!

Couldnt imagine it being much more than monged out ket heads and two lads sucking off each other in the corner....

(this post aint going to go down well, but really, some of you are making this place out to be utter bliss)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

meh seems reasonable to me. strict door policies need to be enforced in clubs like berghain.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

1/3 of residentadvisor members had a look at this story online yesterday - scary!

Also, Jonny, a bit like minimal techno - you'll only know what it's like if u tried to get in. No hardcore breaks nights in the berghain unfortunately though....

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    1/3 of residentadvisor members had a look at this story online yesterday - scary!

Also, Jonny, a bit like minimal techno - you'll only know what it's like if u tried to get in. No hardcore breaks nights in the berghain unfortunately though....

You wont hear Hardcore Breaks in many clubs, its an underground scene and i hope it stays that way (although i realise you were being sarcastic)

I've zero interest in these type of clubs with elitist door policies, im from the old skool where everyone regardless of age,sex,colour,class or creed came together and had the time of their lives where there was no pathetic door policy..end of story.

jonny68 wrote: »
    You wont hear Hardcore Breaks in any clubs, its an underground scene and i hope it stays that way (although i realise you were being sarcastic)

I've zero interest in these type of clubs with elitist door policies, im from the old skool where everyone regardless of age,sex,colour,class or creed came together and had the time of their lives where there was no pathetic door policy..end of story.

fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Places that have no door policy whatsoever quickly become pikeyville.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ah so thats why old skool, Trance, Hard House etc. atracts so much scum.

Well, ive never heard a single scummer in my life listen to Trance etc that isnt commercial bollox. Vocal trance is usually their cuppa....

Look at Breakcore, far, far more intense than any hardhouse / gabber, yet not a single scummer listens to it? Same goes for Hardtechno really....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

The majority of folk that go to them types of gigs are not people I would like in my living room. Thats what is great about so called underground minimal and techno nights they can be enjoyed with good people.
    :p

Well, ive never heard a single scummer in my life listen to Trance etc that isnt commercial bollox. Vocal trance is usually their cuppa....
    you're joking???

trance has such a bad name in this country that most venues won't go near it with a barge pole. anything hard dance/trance related brings the peasants in their droves. and with that comes the inevitable stabbings etc.

the local breed of scum around my area are of course big oldskool heads too.

oldskool to what extent?

Doubt any of them are 808 state heads etc....

Whatever oldskool they listen to is just the Deadmau5 of their day....

oldskool to what extent?

Doubt any of them are 808 state heads etc....
    eh funny you mention that, as they're all obsessed with that stuff. some of their older brothers were big sides heads 'back in the day' and it seems to have rubbed off on them.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jtsuited wrote: »
    eh funny you mention that, as they're all obsessed with that stuff. some of their older brothers were big sides heads 'back in the day' and it seems to have rubbed off on them.

Good to know I'm in the 'scum' camp now... Must remember that next time I listen to 808 State :pac:

eh Old Skool doesn't attract "scum" you'll rarely if ever see any sort of fight or anything of the sort at an old skool event, i cant speak for Trance or Hard House.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Places that have no door policy whatsoever quickly become pikeyville.

Well unfortunately thesedays that would be true in a lot of cases, however that doesn't mean a club has be to elitist like this club which takes it to the extreme, you can easily identify undesirables and refuse them entry.

Give me an underground club anyday with friendly people and no elitist door policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

I've zero interest in these type of clubs with elitist door policies, .

the berghain is far from elitest (well from what i seen anyway), its predominently a gay club, there are rooms were men go and openly ride each otehr in the place, fair share of muscle men and leather trousers, the people who run the club dont want people coming in who would get drunk and act the cvnt, i got the impression they really just want people who are into techno and are open minded and if on first impressions you dont fit that criteria then you wont be getting in, when i was there there was a group of 2 or 3 lads wearing shirts and shoes, didnt look like they were into anything other then drinking, needless to say they didnt get in, then there was 15 of us, been out in clubs most the weekend, looked like we hadnt slept a wink (bar me i slept loads) had no trouble after a little chat at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Planning on heading here Sunday morning around 11ish, what time does it finish up around in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭francois

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Good to know I'm in the 'scum' camp now... Must remember that next time I listen to 808 State :pac:

Indeed Felix, you filthy knacker :D
    Gotta love some of the cliched generalizations being bandied about on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

dont forget to hit Tresor!!

brianc27 wrote: »
    the berghain is far from elitest (well from what i seen anyway), its predominently a gay club, there are rooms were men go and openly ride each otehr in the place, fair share of muscle men and leather trousers, the people who run the club dont want people coming in who would get drunk and act the cvnt, i got the impression they really just want people who are into techno and are open minded and if on first impressions you dont fit that criteria then you wont be getting in, when i was there there was a group of 2 or 3 lads wearing shirts and shoes, didnt look like they were into anything other then drinking, needless to say they didnt get in, then there was 15 of us, been out in clubs most the weekend, looked like we hadnt slept a wink (bar me i slept loads) had no trouble after a little chat at the door.

well if there are gay men having sex there there's not a snowballs chance in hell id be into going anywhere like this, ive nothing against gays but not a chance would i be into somewhere like this,jaysus

well if there are gay men having sex there there's not a snowballs chance in hell id be into going anywhere like this, ive nothing against gays but not a chance would i be into somewhere like this,jaysus

looks like the liberal spirit of the rave generation does have it's limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Lol, you dont have to indulge if you dont want to Johnny,its not that in your face, this club and Tresor are possibly the best clubs in the world, Ibiza,the infamous Hacienda and the likes are nothing compared to these places RAW, original, ground breaking music in savage venues!!! as well as being in possibly the best city in Europe, check it out you won't regret it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

empirix wrote: »
    dont forget to hit Tresor!!

I'm a regular there and lived in Berlin in the mid 90's when the old one was the best club in the world. Its still class, the dungeon is mental! a bit too hard for me these days, but its all good! Prefer Globus now at my age. I've heard a lot about Berghain and want to check it out, but I cannot stand this bull**** with hassle on the door. I have no problem queueing for a while, but to be rejected by some tosser who thinks he is God without even being spoken to is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Just to give you a laugh. I nearly picked up Hot Press in Easons the other day after a quick glance at the cover, to read the Richie Hawtin interview:

5889854_33-20-Andrew-Maxwell-Cover.jpg

Vs.

RHTraktor_minus.jpg

Seperated at birth perhaps?

• Advertisement

empirix wrote: »
    Lol, you dont have to indulge if you dont want to Johnny,its not that in your face, this club and Tresor are possibly the best clubs in the world, Ibiza,the infamous Hacienda and the likes are nothing compared to these places RAW, original, ground breaking music in savage venues!!! as well as being in possibly the best city in Europe, check it out you won't regret it.:)

seriously man think about what you are saying:eek::eek::eek: The Hacienda is widely renowned as being the best and most famous club of all time, no other club with the exception of Studio 54 (different era) comes close, i do wanna go to Brlin though, ive ben to Hamburg, Frankurt (briefly) and Munich (also briefly) but Berlin is on the list of places to go.

Advertisement