Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Extending

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Strap up for the pulls, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Someone was using the gym pair and mine should be arriving sometime this week.

Today I learned i ****ing hate doing things for 8 reps. 5 and less is so much more enjoyable

Stretching

Power Snatches
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

Snatch Pulls
    70 x 8
    70 x 8
    70 x 8

Snatches
    40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

Squats
    100 x 8
    100 x 8
    100 x 8
    100 x 8

Curls
    12.5 x 12
    12.5 x 12
    12.5 x 12

CGBP (smith machine)
    40 x 15
    40 x 15
    40 x 15

Crunches on a Swiss ball

My upper body is sore to the touch from Monday still. It made today fun seeing as i had absolutely no interest in putting the bar overhead. Power snatches were really sweep, strapped from snatch pulls and the difference is ridiculous, felt like I could do them all day. Can't wait for my own pair which I get tomorrow. Snatches I was really slow on, missed the 6th rep on sets 2 and 3. First set of squats was hard as i set the safety bars too high so couldn't bounce and had to go slowly. Next three got progressively harder. I think this may be the first time I did curls and I actually picked a decent weight. Struggled with 12.5 on my right arm in the last two sets. Kinda embarrassing :P CGBP and crunches were meh. These sessions take forever. Off to the states for two and a half weeks in the morning. Should get some sessions in and might end up doing a bit of crossfit if I'm persuaded to.

Today

Went to Crossfit

Hang Clean and jerks for a bit

DT
    5 rounds of
    12 Deadlifts
    9 Hang Power Cleans
    6 Jerks
    14:37 @ 115lbs

My conditioning is shocking right now. Didn't really enjoy this either, would have been happier just sticking with my program but was no open gym there today. No more workouts til i'm back in ireland

Oh lord. Saturday night I had one hours sleep, Sunday morning I slept from 9-1 and then didn't sleep again until Monday evening when I slept from 5-11:30 and haven't slept since then. I'm really confused as to how my body clock can be so messed up after a trip to the east coast of america. I have also done 10 + 11 hour days at work yesterday and today. Needless to say after over two weeks off I wasn't looking forward to this.

Power Cleans 4 x 8 (cleaned the last rep)
    62, 62, 62, 62

Push Press 3 x 8
    50 50 50 (only got 5 reps)

Front Squat 3 x 8
    65 65 65

Barbell Row 3 x 8
    60 60 60

Twist Sit ups
    3 x 15

Power cleans were surprisingly decent, elbows were a little slow. One of the 62Kg cleans was actually a struggle to come out of the hole with :( Everything else was supposed to be 4 sets but I cut them down to 3 as i'm basically like a zombie right now. I was also supposed to bench for 4 x 12 but just couldn't face it. Used straps for Barbell rows and life is made so much easier. I think i'm going to have to get new shoes, do wins are falling apart for some reason. Might have to pick up some romaleos or however you spell them. I'm also really leaning towards competing in Edenderry at the end of June. Get the fist comp out of the way and it's all upwards from there :p Now I am going to sleep

• Advertisement

13 hour sleep last night. It was needed

Today
    Stretching/Foam rolling
    Bar drills

Power Snatches 4 x 8
    42.5Kg

Drop Snatches 4 x 8
    30Kg

Split Squats 4 x 8 (2 sets Left, 2 sets right)
    50Kg

Alternating Dumbbell Press 4 x 8 ( 4 reps left, 4 reps right)
    15Kg

Tricep Extensions 4 x 10
    20Kg

Incline Sit ups
    3 x 15

Power Snatches were really easy. Missed a snatch balance on the second and third set and two on the 4th set. My glutes will not be happy after the split squats. Dumbbell pressing is awkward, i'm inclined to push to the side a little rather than straight up. Might do some conditioning tomorrow, scared of the doms that I get if I don't train and I need to shed a few Kg for this comp

Today
    Power clean 4x8
    65Kg
    Jerk balance 4x8
    40Kg
    Clean pulls 4x4
    100Kg
    Front squats 4x8
    70Kg
    Inclined sit ups 4x12 supersetted with Back raises 4x10

Second set of power cleans I knew I was going to tear a piece of skin under the little finger on my left hand. Dropped clean pulls to 4x4 instead of 4x8 cos of this and another callous that wasn't far off tearing. Jerk balances are fun, will push the weight up a bit next time. Front squats were tough but doable. Supersetted sit ups with back raises cos I had already spent too long at the gym. Today's lesson was don't be a spa and ignore my callouses

Today

Power Snatches 4x8

Push Press 4x8

Back Squat 4x5

Bench Press 3x8
    60 (only 5 on the last set)

Upright Rows 3 x 8

Incline Sit ups 3 x 12

Power snatches were decent, push presses were good too. Squats were squats. Would have got 6 or 7 on the last set of bench if I had a spotter but was too stupid to ask for one. Definitely going to enter the comp in Offaly at the end of June. Might be starting some group sessions on Sundays as well which would be sweet.

Today
    Power Cleans
    8 8 6 6 @ 70Kg

Clean Pulls
    4 4 3 3 @ 100Kg

Overhead Press
    8 8 6 5 @ 45 Kg

Front Squat
    8 8 6 6 @ 70Kg

Incline Sit ups
    3 x 15
    supersetted with
    Back Raises 3 x 15

Thank god the volume is dropping a bit. Small blood blister on my right hand as my hands haven't healed fully yet. My hands are so sh*t. Better be healed by friday evening.

Was a bitch and didn't train last night so trained this morning instead.

Power Snatches @ 50Kg
    8 8 6 6

Snatch Pulls @ 70Kg
    8 8 6 6

Overhead Squats @ 50Kg
    8 8 6 6

Back Squat @ 105Kg
    7 5 5

Dumbbell Curls 20Kg
    8 8 8

Incline Sit ups
    4 x 15

Weird session, power snatching was amazing, everything felt so light and snappy, probably the best snatching of any kind i've ever done, felt like I could have PR'd easily today. I was delighted with them. Pulls were pulls, Overhead squats were **** on the first rep of each set and then got fine, wrists need strengthening for these I think. Back squats sucked, got a cramp in my left forearm when I was starting rep 8 of the first set so had to rerack it. No idea how this happened. Was lame and only did 2 more sets of 5 then. Training again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Oh, weight was 72.10 in tracksuit pants and a t shirt so around 71.7 in boxer's I guess. 2.5Kgs to cut in 2 weeks. No more milk, or creatine. Will have to stop eating biscuits at work also :p

Needed a break from the program so a day of maxing

Snatching
    2 High Hangs + 2 Power Snatches

Power Snatches
    55 x 1
    60 x 1
    65 x 1 PR
    67.5 f
    67.5 f

Clean ( & Jerks)
    50 x 2
    50 x 2
    60 x 2
    70 x 1
    75 x 1
    80 x 1
    85 x clean, failed jerk
    90 x f
    90 x f
    90 x clean, didn't attempt jerk
    92.5 x f
    92.5 x f

Okay session, the 65Kg snatch looked a million times better then the 62.5 i did at the start of June. Token 2.5Kg pr, 67.5 attempts weren't close despite 65 being pretty easy. Cleans weren't great, i made the 75Kg rep much harder then i should have by not taking the bounce out of the hole. Poor attempt at the jerk at 85Kg. The first 90Kg attempt was clarked, second one my upper back rounded and lost it forwards at the bottom, same happened the third one but managed to get it up anyway. Didn't attempt the jerk. First 92.5 was clarked, second my upper back rounded and I lost it forwards. Must find out why my upper back rounds. Have been advised to go 62/66/70 and 86/90/94 at Edenderry in two weeks time. Not going to have much of a taper seeing as i'm too much of a scrub to be doing that. 4 more sessions of the program, finish up next sunday and probably two heavy sessions the week of the comp on Monday and Wednesday.

Cutting sucks ridiculous amounts of balls

Today
    Power Cleans 4 x 6
    72.5Kg

Push Press 4 x 6
    52.5Kg

Front Squat 4 x 6
    72.5Kg

Barbell Row 4 x 6
    60Kg

Power Cleans were alright, was working on getting a bit more extension. Push Press was grand, Front Squats were easy and barbell rows were a little sore on the hands but other then that was fine. Just ate dinner before training. It's amazing what a difference eating before training makes. 72.3 before training, 72.1 after despite drinking copious amounts of water during training. Should make 69. After the comp I'm going to eat my weight in ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Molly wrote: »
    Cutting sucks ridiculous amounts of balls

Yeah first time trying to drop weight here and I already hate it. I haven't even gone strict yet I just stopped drinking milk, and taking whey and creatine and maybe cut half the "bad" carbs. Next week is gonna suck when I go stricter.

Today

2 Hang Snatches + 2 Power Snatches
    30 40 45
    1 Hang Snatch + 1 Power Snatch
    1 Power Snatch
    55 x 1
    60 x 0,0,1
    65 x 1
    67.5 x 0,0

Clean & Jerks
    40 x 2
    50 x 2
    60 x 2
    70 x 1
    80 x 1
    85 x 1 (no jerk)

So a change of plan from last time. I had soccer training last tuesday and thursday and hurt my hand on thursday so didn't work out yesterday. Was much better this morning and didn't want to cram the remaining sessions of the program so i've been told to just alternate between maxing and 80% until the comp. Was supposed to max today but hadn't eating before training as I wanted an accurate weigh in. 70.2 Kg in rugby jersey and a tracksuit pants so I would say around 69.8 or 69.9 in reality. Had some wine gums and started working out. Was really tough as I was starving and tired. Getting out of the hole on 85 was a struggle and the jerk was a pitiful attempt so was told to just leave it and max tomorrow instead. Will have an accurate weigh in again on Wednesday to see how I'm going. Psyllium Husk helps when you're cutting :p Happy enough to tie my snatch pr when i wasn't feeling great.

Today

Warm up; Stretching & Bar Drills

Snatch
    30 x 2
    40 x 2 x 2
    45 x 2
    50 x f, f, 1
    55 x 1

Power Snatch
    60 x f, 1
    65 x 1
    66 x 1 (1 Kg Pr)
    68 x 2 x 2 (all failures but done as doubles)
    40 x 2
    50 x 1
    60 x 1
    66 x f, 1
    70 x f,f
    70 x 1 (5Kg Pr)
    71 x f,f
    40 x 2
    50 x 2 x 2

Today was the stupidest and best training day I've had :). Can't remember what happened with 60Kg that I failed the power snatch but whatever. My extension was improved today, i'm driving the bar a lot more vertically rather then outwards from my hips so that's excellent. 65 and 66 were piss, 68 i got under every single one but bar path was a little off on all of them so lost them forward. Stripped to 40, drank a bottle of enduro something or other. I was getting under the 70kgs but bar path wasn't right yet, then I hit it sweetly. 71's were pulled high enough but bar path needs to be consistent.

Too f*cked to do clean & Jerks. Will go heavy on them tomorrow if my hands allow it. Also I weighted in at 70.2 after half a litre of water, 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon this morning. My clothes weighted 0.8Kg. Body weight (power) snatch; f*ck yeah

Today

Pretty much straight into it

Snatch
    30 x 2
    40 x 2
    50 x 2
    55 x 1
    60 x f,f 1
    62 x 1
    66 x f,f

Clean & Jerks
    50 x 2 x 2
    60 x 2
    70 x 1
    75 x 1
    80 cleaned, failed jerk
    85 cleaned, failed jerk
    90 cleaned, failed jerk
    90 cleaned, failed jerk

Snatching was ****, lost everything i had yesterday it seems.

I seem unable to jerk above 75Kg for some reason.

I had an absolutely ****e session as well. **** it, it'll be different at the comp. Nice lifting on Saturday very impressive powersnatch.

Stretch/Bar drills

Power Snatch
    30 x 2
    40 x 2
    45 x 2 x 2
    50 x 2
    50 x 1, 1, 1
    55 x 1
    60 x 1
    62 x 1
    66 x 1, f, 1 (no strap Pr; does that even count?)

Clean & Jerks
    40 x 2
    50 x 2
    60 x 2
    70 x 1
    80 x 1
    86 x no jerk
    86 x 1
    90 x no jerk
    90 x no clean & f*cked up wrist
    90 x deadlift

Clean Pulls
    60 x 3
    60 x 3
    60 x 3

Hopped into the car, drove for 25 minutes and then soccer training
    lots of ball work, running, body weight exercises, 5 a sides and burst blisters on my feet. I despise preseason.

Today's gym session was better than yesterday, Had to get used to not using my wrist wraps when snatching so was worth heading in for. 66Kg is going to go up at the weekend and hopefully 70 will also. My snatching will appall everyone but I don't care, I'm going to get stronger and work on technique after this comp. Clean & Jerks; I was getting deep into my jerks so was happy. I also had to practice not facing the mirror, this was actually very awkward. I've gotten so used to looking at it while I set up etc. First 86Kg was out in front, second was sweet. 90Kg I didn't fix my wrists right when I popped the bar off my shoulders, missed my first breath and was bate when I tried to jerk it. Almost made it anyway though. Second attempt f*cking sucked. I tried to get under the bar without anywhere close to triple extension, hit my elbow off my thigh and took the weight of the bar on my wrist. It is rather sore now. Icing it, resting tomorrow cos my upper body is ****ed; shoulders and crease of my elbows are just dull. 30 minutes of a soccer match thursday after my working up to 80%, friday off and then game day. 66/90 is happening, and 70/94 with a bit of luck at about 68.5Kg I estimate. Also it was enduro rush i took at the weekend, might have to get me some off that next time i buy supplements

Quick Lunchtime work out

Snatches
    30 x 2
    40 x 2
    45 x 2
    50 x 1
    52 x 1
    56 x 1

Clean & Jerks
    40 x 2
    50 x 2
    60 x 2
    65 x 1
    72 x 1

Worked up to 80% on both rather quickly but without any misses, wasn't feeling particularly quick but no misses is no misses. Shoulders and lats still have some DOMS so that didn't help. Weighed in at 70.1 and my clothes weighted 0.5Kg. Almost there! Wrist is still sore in everyday things but was fine on snatches and cleans.

Probably play a half hour of a soccer match tonight and then rest up tomorrow. Not the best idea but whatever

• Advertisement

Molly wrote: »

Probably play a half hour of a soccer match tonight and then rest up tomorrow. Not the best idea but whatever

Played full thing. Good work brain.

Big long post incoming.

Weighed in at 70.2 on my home scales last night, stopped drinking water at 8 and hadn't eaten since about 4. Woke up this morning at 69.7 at 6 am. Went for a 1.5 mile run and a 1.5 mile walk back while wearing a crapload of clothes. Weighed in at 69.4 after. Drove to Edenderry wearing said crapload of clothes and with the heating on. Got there about 10:40 , eventually weighed in at about 11:15 weighting 68.7Kg. . Ate about 120g of cashew butter and had a 350ml carton of coconut water then went for breakfast. Had a full Irish breakfast with some extra sausages instead of beans and without eating toast. (I think L wolfed down my toast :D) Found out I was lifting in the 4th group so had plenty more time to eat. Had about 50g more of cashew butter and two freddo bars. Still hungry so went to the chipper and had a sausage and a batter burger. God knows what i weighted at when I actually lifted.

Took a big long warm-up with lots of stretching and foam rolling. Had half an endorush and began warming up the lifts. Cleaned up to 60Kg without a bother. First lift was 62kg and was piss, however I ripped a callous on this lip. This was followed quickly by 66Kg which was also piss. I cut 70Kg really short and still got the height but was out in front so missed the lift, stupid mistake. wasn't sure on my clean opener, was thinking 82 or 86. I attempted 82 in my warm-up and was easy so went for 86. Clean was easy, jerk felt easy however there was a slight press out and I got one good lift and two no lifts. Wasn't sure what to do so my coach called for 88 which I had to attempt right after the 86. Was a decent lift. Another lifter went at 87 and then it was me again, lost 90Kg clean at the bottom after getting under it. 3 lifts above 90% in about 6 minutes is tough going. Finished with a Sinclair of around 206 which I'm happy with for my first competition. Hope to put up a good few Kilo's on this in the Leinsters in 6 weeks.

Got to meet a good few people from here today as well; L, Token, Dead Ed, supposedly and Frogdog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

*eating batterburger*

You know you're lifting in like 3 minutes right?

Oh..

Basically binged on food an alcohol last week and did no exercise. Gotta love race week.

Today
    Squats
    20 x 5
    60 x 3
    80 x 2
    100 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3
    100 x 3

Snatches (2 Pulls + 1 Power Snatch)
    40 x 2
    45 x 2
    50 x 1
    55 x 1

Military Press
    40 x 5
    40 x 5
    40 x 5

Incline sit ups supersetted with back extensions

Everything felt heavy. My legs are in bits already. 5 weeks til the next comp. Gotta get back on track now.

Tuesday soccer training
    Wednesday Awful DOMs and 13 hour work day
    Thursday soccer training
    Today.

Stretching; including this. Gonna do this stretch all the time.

Snatch Work
    Broom + Bar Drills
    1 Pull + 3 Hang Snatches from below the knee = 1 rep
    30Kg x 2
    1 Pull + 2 Hang Snatches from below the knee = 1 rep
    40 x 2
    45 x 2
    50Kg x 1
    1 Pull + 1 Hang Snatch from below the knee = 1 rep
    55Kg x 1
    58Kg x f (awful)
    58Kg x f (got under it but lost it forwards)
    58Kg x f (got under it but right leg did somethin weird and knee hit the ground)
    58Kg x 1 (just above parallel)
    60Kg x f (got under it but got catapulted back)
    60Kg x f (catapulted back again)
    60Kg x f (catapulted back again)

Reasonably happy with today. Training Saturday and Sunday too.

Today
    Warm up including those horrible pendlay stretches. Quite tender because of them now.

Cleans
    Bar work
    Some stuff at 30Kg

1 Pull + 2 Hang from below the knee + 1 Jerk = 1 rep
    40 x 2
    50 x 2
    60 x 2

1 Pull + 1 Hang from below the knee + 1 Jerk = 1 rep
    70 x 1
    75 x 1
    80 x 1
    85 x f, f, failed jerk, 1

Front Squats
    20Kg x 5
    40Kg x 3
    60Kg x 3
    70Kg x 1
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3
    75Kg x 3

Great session, cleans felt nice and handy up until 85. Missed first two. Slow elbowitis and cut the pulls short. Took a third attempt, and missed the jerk. Took a fourth attempt and nailed it. Who'd have thought fast elbows and not cutting your pulls short would make life easier. Front squats were easy at the start, elbows started to drop a little as I went on. Hands hurt now, might have an impact on tomorrow's training.

Today

Snatches
    45Kg x 1
    48Kg x 2
    50Kg x 1
    53Kg x 1
    55Kg x 1
    58Kg x Power Snatch
    58Kg x lost behind
    58Kg x absolutely ****

Cleans
    2 Pulls + 1 Hang Clean From Below The Knee = 1 rep
    65Kg x 1
    70Kg x 1
    75Kg x 1
    80Kg x 1
    85Kg x f (could barely hold onto the bar)

Push Press
    50Kg x 5 x 3

Back Squats
    105Kg x 5 (really narrow stance, made things difficult)
    105Kg x 3 (normal stance but was focusing on staying more upright. Focused on it too much and missed bounce and got stuck)
    100Kg x 5

The 58Kg unintended power snatch and miss behind

Bleh, need to get under faster and stop making a balls of receiving the bar in snatches

I had the same issue when I switched from power to full snatch too. You'll get over it in a few sessions.

Training with L at lunch time
    Snatches
    (2 Pulls + 1 Hang From Below The Knee)
    45Kg
    48Kg
    50Kg
    53Kg
    55Kg x 2

Clean & Jerks
    70Kg x 2
    73Kg
    75Kg
    80Kg
    85Kg
    90Kg
    93Kg x f
    93Kg x clean PR, no jerk
    93Kg x f

Front Squat
    80Kg x 3
    80Kg x 3
    80Kg x 3

Decent session, snatches were alright, focused on slow up the thigh and really exploding and catching low. Cleans were mostly good. 90Kg was really easy. The first 93 was a case of slow elbowitis. The second I really concentrated on getting my elbows around quickly and ended up only racking one arm and having the other arm just flailing. Got out of the hole surprisingly easy but spent an age getting my other hand around and had a half-assed attempt at jerking. Went for a third attempt but was rushed as I was trying to get back to work.

• Advertisement

Today
    Snatches
    40Kg x 2
    45Kg x2
    50Kg x 2
    50Kg x 2
    53Kg x 2

Cleans (1 Pull + 1 Hang from the Hip) = 1 rep
    60Kg x 1
    65Kg x 1
    70Kg x 1
    75Kg x 1
    80Kg x f

BTN Split Jerks
    40Kg x 2
    50Kg x 2
    55Kg x 2
    60Kg x 2
    60Kg x 2 (from the front)

Back Squats
    102.5Kg x 5
    102.5Kg x 5
    102.5Kg x 5

Done in an hour and twenty minutes, felt way too much like cardio. Wanted to snatch 55Kg for a double but the first 50Kg double was **** so repeated it. 80Kg clean was half hearted. Need to learn how to catch a bar on my back without damaging myself.

Advertisement