Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where ya all headin' to in 2010?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

The snow is a comin... :D:D:D

There's a group of 10 us, mixed abilities, skiers and boarders, heading to Soll on 6th Feb. I know its a bit low and a trek to the lifts, but I believe the apres is brill - and we like the apres!!:eek:

Where ya all heading in 2010? Anyone heading to Soll the same week?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rhymenocerous

Les Arcs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Already booked Avoriaz\Morzine for Jan.

Hoping to do Laax or anywhere in Austria for New Years and March.

That should keep me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Soll Feb 20th.

@35190 - was in Soll for the same week last year and it was the best holiday I have ever been on. Salvenstaadal (not sure of spelling) is great for apres ski pints and then you have the whiskey mule later on. There is a lovely little italian on the main street too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pnd82

i'm going to bansko week before x mas then heading to hakaido in Japan to get some real powder snow in feb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I cant make up my mind his year and its getting later and later, i like to book around aug/sept. Doing my research now, hopefuly will decide soon enough, Avoriaz looks nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Saaaalbach! Can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sound

Honeymoon in late Jan. Zermatt for a week followed by St Anton.

Dont hate me!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Im off to Chamonix again . 1 week in January and 2 weeks in March. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Bavarian alps most probably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

Cheapie Livigno trip this year - then probably out east to slovakia end of season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Switzerland this dec cheap flights from cork to geneva got a mate to stay with so it should work out nicely. Hopefully andorra then with the missus in feb

Switzerland this dec cheap flights from cork to geneva got a mate to stay with so it should work out nicely. Hopefully andorra then with the missus in feb

Ok i think im gonna try Val d'Isere this year if i can convince the rest of the group to go, they seem to want to go back to Saalbach every year, there is nothing wrong with the place, its great infact, but i like to see try different places and they seem set in their ways, which is kind of boring in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Oberstdorf for the third year running, this year a Family holiday & I cant wait.

although I got a job today, so I might look at an extra hol somewhere else, as long as it is very cheap.... I might look but will prob just go to germany which is already booked (good cheap ryanair).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

edmund_f wrote: »
    Cheapie Livigno trip this year - then probably out east to slovakia end of season

There is certainly no complaining to be done about livigno.

Arinsal in january myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

A week in Val Cenis for the New Year's week. Now that they've linked in with Termingnon, they have lots of interesting skiing. Then a few days in Valfrejus before we head home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ditch hurler

some place called val thorens in the 3 valleys. only second time skiing and looking forward to some serious ploughing. regarding the apres ski, i am definitly on the black slopes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

What is a PISTE?

Engelberg for some serious Pow or prehaps Saas fee.

Heading to Spain for a week to teach and maybe a sneaky weekend to Chamonix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Same as usual...

Zweisimmen / Gstaad with a bit of Lenk / Adelboden thrown in for good measure.

Must get around to getting skis first, though.

God damn it, going back to Saalbach again (Not that there is anything wrong with it, just been there the last 3 years), was hoping to go to france but some of the group already booked their flights to Salzburg. Hmmm maybe i can convince them to rent a car at the airport and drive to Ischgl, instead as that was my second choice ! :D

Oh yeah ill also get a few weekends in the local ski resort, Gautefall, its only about 1hr 30 mins from my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Zell am See had a blast there last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Smutty007

Any suggestions for a cheap place to stay in Saalbach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

headin to soll austria on 7th of jan for a week, at the mo tryin to source accomodation, Any1 want to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

14 of us confirmed (with maybe a few more), heading to Soll towards the end of Febuary i think. We're just sorting out accommodation now, booking next week afaik!

Going to be mental, can't wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Any suggestions for a cheap place to stay in Saalbach?

Try Hinterglem or Leogang linked but a little cheapre than the main resort. Plenty of apartments available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hopefully le grave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Booked for Zell am See yesterday heading out 23rd Jan. Cant wait! Might fit in another one in March too if I can prob France.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

just got offered a job in Alpe d'huez so i guess ill probably end up hitting there along with la grave n les deux alpes

bring on la neige!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

granty1987 wrote: »
    just got offered a job in Alpe d'huez so i guess ill probably end up hitting there along with la grave n les deux alpes

bring on la neige!

u luckly bastard :) wish i could bugger off work & go work there, hopfully i can take 3-4months off next winter to do something like that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Hoping to make it to Zell am See again in early March.
    Was there a couple of years ago and it was great. Hoping to explore some more now that I'm a bit more competent on the slopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Hitting Morzine on the 30th Jan, was there last year so said feck it go back again!

Going to Zell um Zee too but thats in June :(

Advertisement