Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some info on ouija boards please

Options
  • 07-10-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hey i would like to buy ouija board in dublin city centre i can not buy of the net i have no credit card anybody know of places i can buy them thanks every one
    pm only thanks
    xXx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

alot of paranormal investigators would not use Ouija boards. I certainly wouldnt.I knew a guy who used one in his room when we were kids and alot of freaky stuff happened as a result and he never used it again. I know of another friend of mine who used one when we were goths, a week later he was in the local church and always wore a cross around his neck

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ensure you get a new one, and not one that has been used before; the past owner may not have had a good reason for getting rid of it....

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Opinions on them vary. But skepticism aside, imagine ouija as using a sledgehammer to break in somewhere instead of using the door. Inadvisable, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

Sheet of A3 paper and a pen
    A-Z, 0-9, Yes/No/Goodbye

Job done.

Not that I'm recommending anybody to play with this stuff

Some great stories on this site:
    http://www.graveaddiction.com/ouija.html

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Excellent thread. Sapiens post makes a lot of sense.

When I was in boarding school a group of girls in a downstairs dorm had a seance with a home made ouija board (sheet of paper, glass, letters etc). One of the girls involved had lost her mother and was very vulnerable. It didn't go very well and there was ructions from the headmistress who told us that anyone caught doing that sort of thing would be expelled. None of the girls talked about what happened but it really upset them.

I'm a bit of a skeptic as regards ghosts but I wouldn't touch a ouija board with a barge pole and would advise anyone to stay well away from them. ESPECIALLY if you're vulnerable or have lost someone recently.

OP, I would advise you to find a good bereavement counsellor as I've seen some of your other threads. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

Hey Louise, seen you've posted a lot of posts due to your sudden loss. I would advise you to wait a while as people out there can take advantage of you. Same thing happened to my aunt recently and she went to a lot of mediums in her search for answers. Some may give you want you want to hear but just be careful. ouija boards arent the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Grimes wrote: »
    alot of paranormal investigators would not use Ouija boards. I certainly wouldnt.I knew a guy who used one in his room when we were kids and alot of freaky stuff happened as a result and he never used it again. I know of another friend of mine who used one when we were goths, a week later he was in the local church and always wore a cross around his neck

Janey mac,that sounds extreme. I know 2 people who used one of them and weird sh%t happened to them as well. But then I've known other people who've used 'em where nothin happened at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 clodaghsmummy

Hey!

I know there are alot of bad stories involving their use, however, I used one and it went fine, I got answers and nothing bad happened.

However, I might be one of the lucky ones. I only tried it, cos curiosity got the better of me. But I wouldn't use one again, once was enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

So does it actually work, like does the glass actually move off its own accord?

• Advertisement

Well our's did ya! Answered any questions we asked, now Im not saying it will go as well for everybody, as I said I may just have been one of the lucky ones, where nothing bad happened. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Thats mad. If you want people to believe this stuff thats one way of showin em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

if it really worked would it not prove that ghosts exist? It seems to be something that people dont discuss, they just say stay away from them, even my dad said it to me as a kid and I dont think he believes in paranormal stuff.

You dont actually need to buy one, u can make it yourself. I never tried it and I dont think I would. The mind is a very powerful tool and can sometimes play tricks

Exactly Kumate, thats why I would never do it again I dont think, it was mainly just to experiance it once and now its out of my system, like, you never know who your actually speaking to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

AI wrote: »
    Sheet of A3 paper and a pen
    A-Z, 0-9, Yes/No/Goodbye

Job done.

Not that I'm recommending anybody to play with this stuff

Some great stories on this site:
    http://www.graveaddiction.com/ouija.html

Sure are.I enjoyed reading that website.

Advertisement