Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behind ear tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Of course it is, I'm just making sure things stay civil! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

hot2def wrote: »
    Secondly, I couldn't live with myself if I took people money when *I knew* they would hate their tattoo soon after, while sneering behind their back about what a stupid tattoo it was. And f.uck any tattooist who does.

if i think you are making a huge mistake, i am not doing it. Of course you can find another tattooist to do it, no doubt. but I just don't want or need your money that badly

Wow guys I bet the poor girl didn't think she'd spark off a huge debate like this! :rolleyes:

Completely agree with hot2def though. I'll admit, as much as I hate to, I was 17 when I got my first tattoo. It was just before I was turning 18 and I thought it would be pretty cool to get a tattoo. I wanted exactly what you guys are describing - "something girly and discrete". I got a rose on my shoulder...

A few years down the line I have a few others, larger and done by a better artist with genuine ideas behind them and I hate that bloody rose on my shoulder!

It's not girly at all and it's in the worst place in my opinion. The lines and colour in it are shocking, I didn't even look into the shop before getting one. The most embarrassing thing is when people ask me what it means to me I have no answer!

I'm planning on getting it covered up with something but really do regret it.

Also, again referring to hot2defs point above, the first artist I got work done by really didn't give a **** what he was doing, he told me how much it was going to cost before he asked where I wanted it and what colours I wanted it in etc. Bad experience and I was ripped off. My last tattoo however, I met a lovely Hungarian guy. He was great. i had an idea and he told me straight away he wasn't comfortable doing it becuase it was so large and I'm a petite girl so he told me it wouldn't turn out as nice as I had perceived. He also sat down with me and explained how the lines would turn out depending on the tattoos size. He was great. He ended up doing the nicest tattoo freehand just under my hip. Not visable at all and the lines are perfect. I love it. So another point - MEET THE ARTIST FIRST!! I was an idiot and I've learned from my bad experiences. :)

It is completely the girls choice if she wants it bad enough, no matter what anyone says in this forum - she will get it done. It happens! :p
    Just bear in mind hun, as the lads said, you might not like it yourself when you're older and when the fad dies down.

Advertisement