Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker on TV

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

This drives me bat**** crazy. Can someone explain ot to me? it's worse thanw atching Golf and that's an utterly pointless enterprise on tele..now there's Poker on rte2?? wtf??? i see poker i think power cuts and loadsa candles in me aunties as a kid bored outta me skull..

anyone here into it? or can explain the attraction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Are you my Mrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

well it beats the fcuk out of watching soccer matches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I thought the same as you did OP. Then I started to play poker. It's a hella lot more exciting to watch it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

You don't have to watch it of you don't want to...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

This drives me bat**** crazy. Can someone explain ot to me? it's worse thanw atching Golf and that's an utterly pointless enterprise on tele..now there's Poker on rte2?? wtf??? i see poker i think power cuts and loadsa candles in me aunties as a kid bored outta me skull..

I'll draw your attention to the prize money column.

http://www.playwinningpoker.com/wsop/wsop4.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's easier to comprehend than your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

If you dont play poker than you obviously wont like watching it on telly! Same with any sport on TV really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'd sooner watch it than any ball related game.

Reason I watch it is to try and read the players, pick up any tips I can, and improve my own game.

It does help if you like it though. If you don't play poker, I can see how dull it could be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It drives me up the wall!! Ive tried playing it and i just find it INCREDIBLY boring!! My brothers watching it on telly now so ive found refuge in my room. Hes been playing it online all day too....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

It's a very popular game that is why its on tv. Its the same reason big brother is popular amongst scumbags, sitting on your arse in pajamas for 90 days solid and trying not to get evicted while living off someone elses money is their class of sport.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

HU4ROLLZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

When I first started play I learnt a lot from watching poker tournaments on tv. I could easily sit for a few hours watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah i agree OP, televised Snap, now that's entertainment.

Reason I watch it is to try and read the players, pick up any tips I can, and improve my own game.

None of these things are possible from watching that show. Not one.

It's fun to watch Irish poker players get slagged by Padraig Parkinson though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

theres a thread for the show in the poker section of boards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

None of these things are possible from watching that show. Not one.

It's fun to watch Irish poker players get slagged by Padraig Parkinson though.
    Yep, any poker show that involves celebs is a joke. Better standard at home games.

world poker tour on tv3e right now and every night i think sky channel 182

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

Anyone else think the commentator Mike Sexton is a dead ringer for Vince Mc Mahon???????:D:D:D:D:D

there the same person! vince mcSexton
    did you know gus hansen was voted in the top 50 sexiest men on the planet in some big magizine poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ferdyfish wrote: »
    theres a thread for the show in the poker section of boards

Here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement