Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE" Late Night stars of poker - Sunday night.

Options
  • 20-09-2009 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

on in ten minutes!
    is the series every sunday night from here i guess?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

That presenter is a gobshyte if memory serves me right

This is going to be ****e.

edit: Didn't know Andy Black was homeless now..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

sickpuppy wrote: »
    That presenter is a gobshyte if memory serves me right
    lol your such a angry person. Gona agree with you on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Im sadly enjoying it. Marty Smyth running into monsters makes me giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

It's impressive to have a presenter who makes talking look like hard work alright. Apparently the key to being a good presenter is to be wracked with nerves, pause regularly within sentences because you literally don't have a clue what you're currently saying but then save the day by really stressing WHATEVER THE LAST WORDS ARRRRRRE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

amanda said she didnt mind being the first to take the walk of shame haha and the smirk on your man when he said she should have a "virgin cocktail. he is a gob****e in fairness though.

ferdyfish wrote: »
    amanda said she didnt mind being the first to take the walk of shame haha and the smirk on your man when he said she should have a "virgin cocktail. he is a gob****e in fairness though.
    lol what a muppet that presenter is. He's putting himself out of work.

Whats more annoying his voice his stupid smirk or his mess of ahaircut scruffy prik.

:pac:

Redicluous that yer man pops in when there 3 handed and then hu
    very unfair on an amatuer player whos probably a bag of nerves already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Redicluous that yer man pops in when there 3 handed and then hu
    very unfair on an amatuer player whos probably a bag of nerves already.

I only turned it on when they got heads up, dont know how nervous he was before the interruption, but he seemed to have a bit of an adrenaline dump during the nonsence interview bit

Suppose its standard "milk every last bit out of it" rubbish cheap tv thing to do

Presenter has been on TV for years and he seems to get worse as he gets older rather than better (not that he was any good to start with)

that he did. ah thats just him all the time id say, bit of a twitch like. id prob try coffehouse him into letting off a few tells, but with his twitches youd get urself im more trouble trying to make a tell from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Me bleedin motorbike was stolen from outside citywest gym, I think I just spotted it.

reeling in the years -> 2009, how we'll laugh at that shiiite

Anyone qualify? (or a celeb:eek:)

Anyone glad they didnt qualify or try to qualify?:rolleyes:

elshambo wrote: »

most of the geeks on here are Celebates

im trying still. crap prizepool though inst it. but sure for 1dollar. watching though it clicked id have to have the hipflash or a few bevies beforehand. be gas going in locked laughing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

elshambo wrote: »

I qualified.

My heat starts filming at 9 AM, ugh. I'm normally in a coma at that time. In all fairness, nobody should have to deal with yer man's haircut at that hour of the morning.

9am! its called LATE NIGHT stars of poker. thats sick, id still go in locked at 9am though.

doke wrote: »
    I qualified.

My heat starts filming at 9 AM, ugh. I'm normally in a coma at that time. In all fairness, nobody should have to deal with yer man's haircut at that hour of the morning.

pot kettle black Doke :pac::pac:

YULETIRED wrote: »
    pot kettle black Doke :pac::pac:

Whisht, you drunken Kerryman.

• Advertisement

ferdyfish wrote: »
    9am! its called LATE NIGHT stars of poker. thats sick, id still go in locked at 9am though.

Sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

some droolers on this in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,240 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

i have had a few 2night but i take it that doke amd tilty taylor are on this can someone please tell me that they got in online and werent asked because they are popular faces, live stars .ie marty andy please tell me its not true:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I thought it reflected Rte and Irish Poker perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I don't want to watch Kerry Katona playing Serena Williams at tennis, I don't want to watch a randomer playing Kasparov at chess, and I certainly don't want to watch some z list blond, an ex rugger, and two randoms playing Marty Smyth and Andy Black at poker.

Doke it is your boards duty to do something to liven this up. Something along the lines of Barry Greenstein's "Lol donkaments" for charity. I'd pay quite a lot for you to knock DP Fitzgerald the f*** out, but I understand if 9am is too early for that kind of behaviour.

Any suggestions for the hero Doke?

Doke
    as a Prop, every time yer man talks cover you ears with both hands, if one of these ear covering shots gets onscreen, you win the prop and are an instant hero. Knock him out later off camera at your leisure, if you need help I live nearby.

i think the only possible way he could liven it up is not show up
    ;)

Speak only in Irish (if you can)

better again

Speak only in Irish if you havent got a word of it in yer head

or
    give it the mild touretes bit when ever he is interviewing you

• Advertisement

baz2007 wrote: »
    i have had a few 2night but i take it that doke amd tilty taylor are on this can someone please tell me that they got in online and werent asked because they are popular faces, live stars .ie marty andy please tell me its not true:eek:

As far as I know Rob's not on it, and yes Baz, I can confirm I got in as an online qualifier.

Advertisement