Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did we do the right thing with lisbon?

Options
  • 04-10-2009 7:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

was it one small step or one gigantic leap? only time will tell. I personaly feel that as a nation the Irish have great resolve and are capable of making the best of any situation, I believe in that that we made the right decision and we would wave been right even if we went no.
    God help us.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Due to EU legislation, in certian parts of my industry there have been pay decreases of 60% (competition legislation with regard to freelancers and it now illegal to have our unions negotiate certian pay agreements)in the past 7 years.

Like many things our government signed off on EU law that they didn't understand the consequenses of, they now claim they are unable to change the law. We might find ourselves dealing with legislation that not only doesn't suit our country but our government hasn't the will to tackle.

And before you mention lobby groups, The NUJ (journalists), Equity and the musicians union have been trying to fight this competitions legislation for three years, along with Actors unions around Europe, to no avail:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi, please keep politics in Politics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement