Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yes vote - bring on the jobs

Options
  • 03-10-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Well, it looks like a resounding yes vote.

Roll on all the promised jobs! Our economy should be back on track in days! Decembers budget shouldn't be full of cut-backs now;)

Won't hold my breath:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

and we'll all be earning €1.82/hour

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I'm not looking forward to the legalised abortion, forced military conscription, end of Irish democracy, immediate Turkish membership of the EU (and €1.84 minimum wage), though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I'm lining up my Granny for Euthanasia right now, imagine the queues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

well Lenihen has already started talking about competitiveness, i expect the war on the minimum wage to begin shortly.

I also expect ff to say this confirms that the irish people are with them and that there decisions are starting to work! Oh and roll on tony blair!

The yes side takes full ownership of the unfolding economic collapse btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

where in the treaty did it say that min wage is € 1.82 per hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badinfleunce

Sick with this country. Collectively we are nothing but a farce - giving away what the people of this country fought and died for. We might as well have remained part of Britain instead of fighting for our independence because we have just given away our freedom. We are no longer a freestate! Sad day for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

oops I spoke too soon. Brian Lenihan has already rowed back on the "yes to jobs" promise on RTE this morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

skelliser wrote: »
    i expect the war on the minimum wage to begin shortly.

Even though the Cóir poster was a scaremongering lie, I do believe the minimum wage and the dole to be too high. So a lowering of both would, IMO, definitely aid economic recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Sick with this country. Collectively we are nothing but a farce - giving away what the people of this country fought and died for. We might as well have remained part of Britain instead of fighting for our independence because we have just given away our freedom. We are no longer a freestate! Sad day for Ireland.

I bet you weren't thinking that when the EU member states were pumping Billions into Ireland for the Past 15 years

Philistine wrote: »
    oops I spoke too soon. Brian Lenihan has already rowed back on the "yes to jobs" promise on RTE this morning!!!

what did he say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Your right, we are no longer the free state, we are a republic.

BVB wrote: »
    I bet you weren't thinking that when the EU member states were pumping Billions into Ireland for the Past 15 years

And what of the 10 of billions of our fishing stock given to europepean fishermen? We've probably given more than we've gotten back

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

We gave them access to our very extensive fish stocks. It wasn't a one way trade believe me. They didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. It was business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

you serious and i was expecting a little fairy to knock on my door today with a job offer:(

no excuses now for fianna fail. im looking forward to seeing the next budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

the EU already invested 500million few days ago

that was only a few days ago

alot more to come our way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It doesn't. It states that a person can come here and work for his home wages, but that must be above the minimum wage... It's one of the many bull**** signs that people based their votes from.

OP don't get your hopes up ;) If anything expect a high immigration trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

And what of the 10 of billions of our fishing stock given to europepean fishermen? We've probably given more than we've gotten back

It's not 'tens of billions' or anything like that. It's about 8.5bn, of which half was taken by Irish boats. So we haven't given more than we've gotten back. Not even close.

Dinner wrote: »
    It's not 'tens of billions' or anything like that. It's about 8.5bn, of which half was taken by Irish boats. So we haven't given more than we've gotten back. Not even close.

and the Irish caught another 4 billion in UK waters (which are alot larger)

something we couldnt do without EU

more was caught by us in UK waters than the UK caught here

It doesn't. It states that a person can come here and work for his home wages, but that must be above the minimum wage... It's one of the many bull**** signs that people based their votes from.

OP don't get your hopes up ;) If anything expect a high immigration trend.

yea expect alot more kebab shops and mosques throughout the country:eek::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Bah, the no campaign didn't let a little thing like it not being in (or anything to do) with the Treaty to stop them warning us about it.

Where does it say in the treaty that little green eyed red haired girls were going to be poked until they started crying? Libertas still knew that would the inevitable consequence of a Yes vote. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Did anyone hear Cowen say China change instead of climate change in his speech?, and then RTE focused on a chinese person in the front row of the crowd.

markok84 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Cowen say China change instead of climate change in his speech?, and then RTE focused on a chinese person in the front row of the crowd.

lol we really are living in a monty pyton state idiots ha

the no side lost, they dont have to explain anything about there campaign cause it was rejected.

The yes side however do, the majority voted with them on the basis of job creation and recovery.
    where are the jobs, cowen?

skelliser wrote: »
    what did he say?

He was asked if the promise of jobs swung it for the yes side?
    And his reply...

"We never promised jobs as a result of a Yes vote"

So much for the YES TO JOBS posters:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    the EU already invested 500million few days ago

that was only a few days ago

alot more to come our way ;)
    Did you read that document? The FIRST LINE makes it clear it's just a loan!
    The European Investment Bank is to lend up to € 500m to help Ireland secure and green its electricity supplies and support Europe’s economic recovery
    Most of that money will presumably be going straight back to german and danish companies like Siemens and Vestas who make Wind Turbines ;)

murphaph wrote: »
    Did you read that document? The FIRST LINE makes it clear it's just a loan!

Most of that money will presumably be going straight back to german and danish companies like Siemens and Vestas who make Wind Turbines ;)

yes at low interest to a country thats bankrupt for all purposes

where else would our small country get money from? especially nowadays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I wonder were some of those mad Cóir posters counter-productive?

the coir posters are void in the context of this thread.
    the people rejected them and the rest of the no sides arguments.

they sided with the "yes for jobs" and "yes for recovery" of the yes side. Now they must deliver, but theyve already backtracked on the jobs front!
    great day for democracy! my hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

President Blair will be bringing huge sacks of cash when he visits the outer reaches of his empire, so need to worry about anything again....yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

We've probably given more than we've gotten back

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement