Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the result! Amaze your friends!

Options
  • 02-10-2009 11:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, it's all over bar the whoops of delight from one side or the other. I'm putting my money on the yes side winning:

56%-Yes, 44%-No.

What do other posters think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭USE

57% YES.

This guess has been made about 4 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yes to sneak it 52-48

unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

100% YES

And then a big inflatable Sarkozy will fly overhead and moon us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

58 - 42 to yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

2-2 with yes scoring the winner in extra time. :P

I agree with Max Power1, 52-48 yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

51% 50%

With a 1 percent margin of error.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well I said 61 - 39 yesterday in the other thread.

How dare you ask me again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

54% to 46%. Yes to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Maybe its my present pessimistic mood, but I fear it could be 53% to 47% in favour of No.

I voted Yes, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I think 52/48.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

52% No. I have faith in my fellow compatriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

55-45 No

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

been saying 53/47 YES for a while...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

ill sleep on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

yes side to even it up a t one win a piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

PaulieD wrote: »
    52% No. I have faith in my fellow compatriots.
    55-45 No
    If only I shared your optimisim guys!!

If the traitors scare the bayjasus out of people into voting Yes, can we have the best of three? Afterall, if people are voting Yes for job, it is obvious they do not understand the treaty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

PaulieD wrote: »
    If the traitors scare the bayjasus out of people into voting Yes, can we have the best of three? Afterall, if people are voting Yes for job, it is obvious they do not understand the treaty. :)

The Lizard people won't let you if the result is "Yes".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

55/45 Yes.

And to rub salt, all of the No Fantasist's fears to be realised. Conscription starts Monday morning after Supreme Chancellor and Glorious Sunshine Leader Tony Blair delivers his first address to a rally in Brussels and we're to invade Norway for their oil. After a skirmish in which he loses his hand, Declan Ganley is told that he's Blair's son.

The Lizard people won't let you if the result is "Yes".

Shoo.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    55/45 Yes.

And to rub salt, all of the No Fantasist's fears to be realised. Conscription starts Monday morning after Supreme Chancellor and Glorious Sunshine Leader Tony Blair delivers his first address to a rally in Brussels and we're to invade Norway for their oil. After a skirmish in which he loses his hand, Declan Ganley is told that he's Blair's son.

I want to see that movie :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It'll play out in 3 parts. And then 16 years later, a further 3 parts although slightly more disappointing.

It'll play out in 3 parts. And then 16 years later, a further 3 parts although slightly more disappointing.

At least they will release a remastered version of the first 3, too bad most poeple will hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wait until they release the HighDef version on bluray :P

At least they will release a remastered version of the first 3, too bad most poeple will hate it
    When they remaster it, they'll have Jens Peter Bonde shoot first in the Stasbourg Canteen shootout scene, thus ruining most people's childhood.

Too far with the Star Wars?

When they remaster it, they'll have Jens Peter Bonde shoot first in the Stasbourg Canteen shootout scene, thus ruining most people's childhood.

Too far with the Star Wars?

Ya cant hae too much star wars :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

51 to 49 in favour of the yes side

Well done to the yes side,you claim to love democracy but only when it suits you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

marco_polo wrote: »
    How dare you ask me again
    Didn't remember that I'd asked you once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

51 to 49 in favour of the yes side

Well done to the yes side,you claim to love democracy but only when it suits you

Is it undemocratic to have a referendum on the same amendment more than once or is it just the timing that's bothering you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Is it undemocratic to have a referendum on the same amendment more than once or is it just the timing that's bothering you?

Lets call a spade a spade

See wikipedia: To be outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness; to call things by their proper names without any “beating about the bush

Advertisement