Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon will undo 'convenant between Ireland and Our Lord'

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

People who believe in something that there is absolutely no evidence for acting like lunatics? No way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Martin 2

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Another one from the loony fringes of the No campaign:

Source

Somewhere out there, I presume, there is some small band of zealots who believe that God wants a Yes vote for equally obscure reasons. Has anyone come across them?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Gott mit uns:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭w00t

Good to see another rational no voter

You would love me. I'm voting* No for the craic :)

Yes vote = Nothing changes for the common person in Ireland. Better for business though.

No Vote = Months of good TV via the news and the sh1t storm that would follow. Maybe even a winter of discontent :eek:

Lets face it this Christmas is not going to be the may west either way. Even the TV will be sh1te, again.

*Technically due to missing the sign up date for the election, I had to convince someone who was not voting to vote for me, for a few bob. Payment on photo of that sweet, sweet No box being ticked.

Vote NO cause you don't give a bollix!

God I can't wait till this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... I'm just trying to point out that the No 'side' is incredibly splintered ...

I think the word you were looking for, and couldn't find because it was hiding under the bed, is "flaky".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

w00t wrote: »

Yes vote = Nothing changes for the common person in Ireland. Better for business though.

No Vote = Months of good TV via the news and the sh1t storm that would follow. Maybe even a winter of discontent :eek:

Lets face it this Christmas is not going to be the may west either way. Even the TV will be sh1te, again.

*Technically due to missing the sign up date for the election, I had to convince someone who was not voting to vote for me, for a few bob. Payment on photo of that sweet, sweet No box being ticked.

Must every post end in an bolded exhortation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

w00t wrote: »

Will people please stop admitting to crimes committed or planned on these forums? It becomes our duty to investigate them, and we all have better things to do with our time.
    135. —(1) A person shall not, in relation to a Dáil election—

( a ) give valuable consideration to induce a voter to vote, or to procure the election of any person or the vote of any voter, or on account of a voter having voted; or

( b ) procure, by means of, or in consequence of, valuable consideration, the election of any person or the vote of any voter; or

( c ) withdraw or refrain from withdrawing, in consequence of any valuable consideration, from being a candidate; or

( d ) induce, by means of, or in consequence of, valuable consideration, any person to withdraw or to refrain from withdrawing from being a candidate; or

( e ) receive, agree or contract to receive, valuable consideration for voting or agreeing to vote.

Yes, I know that's in relation to Dáil elections, but the system is the same for all votes.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement