Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can it get any lower?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I really do hope these same tactics are not used right back at you No guys at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I dont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

meglome wrote: »
    I really do hope these same tactics are not used right back at you No guys at some stage.

there are hand written posters along them lines on way to Salthill here in Galway and next to Harvest offie by spanish arch

something about NO means NO

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wtf

That was obviously done by 1 gobshite.. don't paint everyone with the same brush

and yes it can get lower.. look at the threads been started by ei.sdraob on this forum which have no bearing on anything in the treaty

This forum is beyond a fcuking joke at this stage.. it's simply a medium for slinging shite

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

What are you on about?
    Can one badly put together poster written in pencil really cause you that much offence.
    I'm sure Declan Ganley had his pencil case out last night putting that one together.
    Do you think that "poster" will affect anyones judegment?
    And who are these "No guys" you speak of?
    Not everyone who is voting No is a knuckle dragging idiot who goes around making stupid claims about the Yes campaign.
    These people are your co workers, family friends people you meet on the street. Do you not repsect your fellow Irish persons right to disagree with your views?

Glazers Out!

wtf

That was obviously done by 1 gobshite.. don't paint everyone with the same brush

and yes it can get lower.. look at the threads been started by ei.sdraob on this forum which have no bearing on anything in the treaty

This forum is beyond a fcuking joke at this stage.. it's simply a medium for slinging shite

Couldn't agree more.
    That person you mentioned has come up with some real stinkers of threads lately, a bit of a bad pill too.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.
    That person you mentioned has come up with some real stinkers of threads lately, a bit of a bad pill too.

such as? go on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It's the EU politics forum, not all threads need to be about Lisbon.

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    such as? go on

Ok, since you asked.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695782

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055692112

In fact just look through them all for yourself

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=8664782

The bad pill comment came from the first time I met you.
    You accussed me of being in favour of human trafficking because I said I would be voting No to Lisbon, which made no sense at all.
    You got very personal and I sent you a Private message to let you know how I felt about your misrepresentation of me, the message included some choice language from me as I was so annoyed at what you said.
    You then posted the PM in the thread where you had insulted me, obviously expecting everyone to turn on me and support you. It back fired and you were told not to post PM's without permission and report them properly if you felt aggreived at their content.
    That is a great example of how childish and ignorant you are, would you not agree?

Glazers Out!

It's the EU politics forum, not all threads need to be about Lisbon.

But they shouldn't all be aimed at discrediting the proponents from each side should they?

It's happening from both sides, not just one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sure you good people have all read the forum charter and are aware that insulting other posters is both pretty darned rude and against the the charter eh?

And as PopeBuckfastXVI correctly pointed out this is the permanent EU forum and all threads don't have to involve treaties signed in Portuguese cities.

We still take reported posts so don't be shy about clicking that button when you feel it is warranted. If it isn't warranted, then there's no problem. If it is, it's a problem one of the moderators will happily deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

wtf

What are you on about?
    Can one badly put together poster written in pencil really cause you that much offence.
    I'm sure Declan Ganley had his pencil case out last night putting that one together.

I have seen the worst negative campaigning I have ever seen outside of an American election over Lisbon. The Yes campaign were rubbish but the dirty low tactics of the No campaign have hit new lows IMO. If it was just this poster then I wouldn't even mention it, but it isn't just this poster, pretty much every No poster is a lie or misrepresentation.
    And who are these "No guys" you speak of?

You know those far right and far left groups that strangely are agreeing with each other.
    Not everyone who is voting No is a knuckle dragging idiot who goes around making stupid claims about the Yes campaign.

Not even suggesting it. But if I were supporting a No vote I'd be genuinely disgusted by the tactics used.
    These people are your co workers, family friends people you meet on the street. Do you not repsect your fellow Irish persons right to disagree with your views?

I respect people who don't try to lie to my face.
    Couldn't agree more.

Which ones?
    such as? go on
    there are hand written posters along them lines on way to Salthill here in Galway and next to Harvest offie by spanish arch

something about NO means NO

:D

These ones are on Georges Street in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Ok, since you asked.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695782

In fact just look through them all for yourself

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=8664782

The bad pill comment came from the first time I met you.
    You accussed me of being in favour of human trafficking because I said I would be voting No to Lisbon, which made no sense at all.
    You got very personal and I sent you a Private message to let you know how I felt about your misrepresentation of me, the message included some choice language from me as I was so annoyed at what you said.
    You then posted the PM in the thread where you had insulted me, obviously expecting everyone to turn on me and support you. It back fired and you were told not to post PM's without permission and report them properly if you felt aggreived at their content.
    That is a great example of how childish and ignorant you are, would you not agree?

What's wrong with those threads exactly? Do they break the forum rules in some way or is it you just don't like them?

What's wrong with those threads exactly? Do they break the forum rules in some way or is it you just don't like them?

they expose some of the aspects of NO campaign for a terrible jokes that they are

apparently its wrong to point out clear and obvious deception and bull**** being generated by the NO campaign

:(

They don't break any rules.
    They're just not very interesting and generally are written in a "Oh my god, these people feel thay can disagree with the Yes campaign" style.
    Generally the replies are just the same people who agree with the author surprisingly agreeing with him some more.
    Not all No voters are members of Coir and worship Declan Ganley, which seems to be the idea some people here have.
    I'm just sick of "Look at what the No side are up to now" threads the content of which is usually tiresome and repetitive.

Glazers Out!

they expose some of the aspects of NO campaign for a terrible jokes that they are

apparently its wrong to point out clear and obvious deception and bull**** being generated by the NO campaign

Just the NO campaign.. seriously?

Has the Yes campaign not generated any material that is blatantly false or intended to scare people onto side?

As I have mentioned before countless times, and it's obvious to everyone in the country, there are lies and bull**** tactics on both sides. You just disagree with the No side so you choose not to aknowledge the Yes side bull**** which just makes you look ignorant and blinkered.
    I'm a No voter but I can hand on heart say that a lot of No propaganda is based on lies, just like the Yes campaign.

Glazers Out!

Just the NO campaign.. seriously?

Has the Yes campaign not generated any material that is blatantly false or intended to scare people onto side?

Nowhere near as bad as the NO campaign's lies about:

* Abortion
    * Conscription
    * Turkey
    * Euthanasia
    * Peadophilia :eek:
    * Minimum wage
    * Fisheries

i can go on and on

I'm just sick of "Look at what the No side are up to now" threads the content of which is usually tiresome and repetitive.

Direct your ire at the people doing the things ei.sdroab is posting about. If they ain't doin' it, he ain't postin' it...

Direct your ire at the people doing the things ei.sdroab is posting about. If they ain't doin' it, he ain't postin' it...

Is ei.sdraob some sort of crusader for the rights of the Yes campaign and its supporters?
    Fighting the crime of disagreeing with the Irish political establishment.
    What a guy, now you put it like that I see him in a completely different light,l he's a hero.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Who is tarring you all with the same brush?

Most NO voters are very embarrassed by some of the 'loons' they find themselves sharing the debate with. The reasonable NO voters should take every opportunity to distance themselves from some of the nonsense we hear from Coir, UKIP and other fringe groups.

Is ei.sdraob some sort of crusader for the rights of the Yes campaign and its supporters?
    Fighting the crime of disagreeing with the Irish political establishment.
    What a guy, now you put it like that I see him in a completely different light,l he's a hero.

im no crusader

but judging by your attacks against me

you think you are one

Nowhere near as bad as the NO campaign's lies about:

* Abortion
    * Conscription
    * Turkey
    * Euthanasia
    * Peadophilia :eek:
    * Minimum wage
    * Fisheries

i can go on and on

Where do you get this tripe from?
    Abortion hasn't been used as a credible argument against Lisbon, nor has conscription or Turkey becomeing an EU member state.
    As for paedophilia? Where exactly does that figure in the Lisbon debate?
    You're a panic merchant if ever I saw one.
    There are lies on both sides, big stinking whoppers.

Glazers Out!

im no crusader

but judging by your attacks against me

you think you are one

I never thought you were.
    I was quite obviously being sarcastic.
    No one has done more for the No vote on boards than you.
    You make Yes voters look ignorant and stupid, congrats.

Glazers Out!

This is becoming a personal attack, posts reported, nullzero I suggest you do the same to any posts you object to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Abortion hasn't been used as a credible argument against Lisbon, nor has conscription or Turkey becomeing an EU member state.
    None of them are credible but they've all been used.

It doesn't but someone said it here last week.
    What are the lies on the yes side? Bear in mind that only people on the no side talk about us getting kicked out of the EU. See here for some more whoppers btw:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62311612&postcount=64

Abortion hasn't been used as a credible argument against Lisbon
    doesnt stop Coir going on about it

nor has conscription or Turkey becomeing an EU member state.
    see UKIP leaflet and taxi driver thread

I dont know! ask your fellow NO campaigner @noodledog who brought it up

another personal attack, maybe you should address the NO guy who keeps claiming Lisbon would introduce death penalty (yet another stinking lie)

except the ones on the NO side smell very rotten

/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Abortion hasn't been used as a credible argument against Lisbon,

Hmmm. I was canvassing in Cork city centre last weekend.

On guy said "They'll be letting us hang ourselves and bringing in abortion".

He was not joking. He was very very very angry, and obviously felt that I was a servant of Satan.

I tried to explain things to him and he just strode away.

I have to say it made me very depressed. There are points we can argue about as regards Lisbon, primarily whether the pooling of sovereignty is a net gain or loss to Ireland, but what can any of us do about a man such as this? He will not listen.

So, abortion and euthanisia are being used as arguments by Coir and others, and a certain percentage of people do think they are credible. Last time this percentage was likely enough to swing the vote.

ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Whether "credible" or not the euthanasia, abortion and minimum wage things have worked to a disturbingly large degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

This is becoming a personal attack, posts reported, nullzero I suggest you do the same to any posts you object to.

I agree with the sentiment, but this post isn't helping either. No back-seat modding, thanks.

Report posts, and leave it at that.

If you feel the need to give a fellow poster advice on what they should do, there's always PMs.

Advertisement