Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgia Thread! Imagine...

Options
2»

Comments

Antlantic 252

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Antlantic 252

Have you being drinking ? ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 s_upergirl

Lampost swings (which ur mam would say were death traps - amount of times I must have got concussed but had to keep quiet)

Saturday meant veg man, vidoe tape man & club milk man

Getting 2 buses to visit ur granny

When we did get a car - a banger fiesta & my dad putting a blanket on the engine at night to hopefully stop her freezing!

A mouse being in our house & us all camping in the living room for a week

Cycling our bikes for miles in the summer

Paths Championships (or kerbs if ur posh)

Street parties

Summer Project

Making daisy chains

Making dens

Catching frogs

Running all the way home from school to catch the start of the den (Ian dempsey & Ray d'arcy - legends!!!)

There are so many more I could name - Never realised how poor we were when I was a child - something I always think stands to my Mam&Dad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Being all excited when the fire brigade arrived to put neighbours' chimney fires out (at least once a month).

Snow almost guaranteed in January.

Friendly binmen, who rang your doorbell or jumped your gate if you forgot to put your bins out.

Helping to push-start your neighbour's rusty Datsun Cherry.

Stray dogs roaming the streets.

An engine oil stain in every second driveway.

Giving old clothes to "the tinkers" when they call.

The old green buses that you could hear in the distance, five minutes before you could see them.

The novelty of getting the older (and strangely quieter) buses, with blue leather seats and a string for the bell.

Advertisement