Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objects appearing out of nowhere

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Better idea would be that posters cop the **** on with themselves and stop trying to believe it makes them incredibly funny and intelligent to post like an asshole. it just makes them look like assholes. Mods have enough to be doing without dealing with arsehole trolls. even homophobic ones like the one on this thread.
    Big Nasty wrote: »
    Jesus Christ lads - if you've a problem with a post report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

If you're asking me to do that, it's really not my place to moderate a forum that i'm not assigned to, i'm just a contributor here, just like you. Also, if you're not satisfied with how a particular forum is moderated - feedback forum is your only man :)

No I wasn't asking you to do anything. I'm quite aware of both what your role is in this context and the vast shortcomings of Boards.ie Moderation process. I chose not to take your advice to go PM to category Mods because that obviously has achieved very little in the past. I'm just waiting to see how this pans out in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i didn't advise ye to pm category mods at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

i didn't advise ye to pm category mods at all.

You said to PM a mod from the forum :confused: which has been done.

Anyways, I posted a thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89600887#post89600887

there's a difference in what's being suggested, forum mods and category mods are two very different roles.

• Advertisement

there's a difference in what's being suggested, forum mods and category mods are two very different roles.

Now your (post) is really being pedantic...you know the point that is being made. Such a ridiculous defensive post.

http://johnmryan.com/boards-ie-are-the-moderators-fair/

Kettleson wrote: »
    Now your (post) is really being pedantic...you know the point that is being made. Such a ridiculous defensive post.

http://johnmryan.com/boards-ie-are-the-moderators-fair/

ditto.

I'm telling you how to go through the correct channels and ensuring you have the right information before telling the wrong person (ie: a category mod). I dont know the mods who mod here, aside from the occasional post they're as unknown to me as you are. You are in effect here, jumping to the conclusion that i'm attempting to hinder your campaign for stronger moderation of this forum. That couldnt actually be any further from the truth. Like i said, there's a right way and a wrong way, posting like you did just now is slapping away a hand that was trying to guide you down the right path. But hey, if that's how you want to play, fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

It will be dealt with now that it's been spotted.

Many thanks.

ditto.

I'm telling you how to go through the correct channels and ensuring you have the right information before telling the wrong person (ie: a category mod). I dont know the mods who mod here, aside from the occasional post they're as unknown to me as you are. You are in effect here, jumping to the conclusion that i'm attempting to hinder your campaign for stronger moderation of this forum. That couldnt actually be any further from the truth. Like i said, there's a right way and a wrong way, posting like you did just now is slapping away a hand that was trying to guide you down the right path. But hey, if that's how you want to play, fine by me.

All of this is rubbish. You have a "good" imagination.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8dFckVMCboa6S4q2Jv-7odufh3vfSnzOjoRZWa7zNsgiMuTcT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Alright lads, back on topic please.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

dellas1979 wrote: »
    But there doesnt seem to be a mod for this forum :confused:
    Ive tried to raise this issue manys a time in this particular forum (I did PM a mod and got no reply).
    Seems to be a part of boards that doesnt really exisit in mod land/not monitored.

Its more of a "Lets all laugh/poke fun at the funny stories" forum.
    Posts that are reported get dealt with, its the quickest way to let mods know something is wrong. We dont read every thread.

Which mod did you pm? The list of mods of any forum are shown at the bottom of the main forum page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hiya,
    Yes-I messaged one of the mods at the bottom of the forum. I delete messages from my inbox/sent items for space, so I cant tell you who it was. But defo sent it.

Its very rare you see a mod/mod take action in here. And it puts people off posting. Mickey taking replies. Its not tolerated in other forums, so it shouldnt be tolerated here. I raised an issue (in the helpdesk), so Ill leave it at that - no more as a jane soap user that I can do.

I hope it gets sorted for the sake of the genuine users of this forum who do enjoy it/contribute to it.

Cheers,

dellas1979

Advertisement